PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Ragazza Fuel Tank

Deppo
06-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know the capacity of my gas tank?:bonk:
I purchased the boat two years ago and still have not figured out the capacity of the fuel tank. 89 Donzi Ragazza 19' with a 4.3 V6.
Thanks in advance.

florida gator
06-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Not sure about the 19 but my gt 210 is the same as the 21 Ragazza and has a 50 gal tank.

Deppo
06-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks Gator Man. I don't think it's that big, if it is the old girl is sippin alot of fuel. I am thinkin about 20-25 gallons or maybe that is wishful thinking:crossfing with the gas prices the way they are.

Formula Jr
06-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Don't these have the round plastic access hatch in the sole?

If so, pop the lid open and it will be printed right on the USCG approve tag.

You probably don't want to run it dry to find out if its an '89. Unless you want to change all the filters at the same time.

Boat gas gauges, unfortunately won't tell you the complete story. But you can tell something from them usually. If you are, at say, 3/4s down. And you mark how much gas it takes to bring it up each division on the gauge you can get a good estimate if the gallons read off the pump are equal each time the gauge pegs a division on the dial. Five gallons per division on a four division gauge makes it a 20 gallon tank. Finding out what the bottom division is, is the hard part. For that you have to run it dry. But its usually less than the upper divisions of the gauge. Then as you fill it, note where the divisions on your gauge match whats on the gas pump. When your gauge pegs out as full, note the amount from the gas pump. Now keep filling till the gas pump clicks off due to back pressure. This could be as much as three gallons beyond what your stated capacity is on the tank. Or even much more. but that is your true capacity and determinate of range, unless you bring along jerry cans. Aside from the normal, plugs, engine oil, drive oil and other first time thingys with a new boat, I do, I also always want to know what its range really is.