PDA

View Full Version : MADCOW, White Lake, Lake Mich, 7/8, Noon

roadtrip se
06-19-2006, 08:29 AM
White Lake, just north of Muskegon, is the home pond of the Truesdale and Dr. Dan clans. Dan is coming in the week of
the 4th for some family events and he is bringing the teal beast with him.

My boat will be in the north for a tune up, before the 1000 Islands run. I can't think of a better shake down cruise than a little wave crushing on Lake Michigan on Saturday the 8th.

From talking to Truesdale over the weekend, White Lake sounds like a nice spot to float boats and to escape the big lake, if necessary.

I've seen rumbling about putting together a MADCOW cruise here all spring. Come join us for the day if you can.

UPDATE: I just talked to Mike and he reminded me that this is the weekend of the SOTW Poker Run out of Grand Haven. Whitehall is a card stop, so the spectating ought to be top knotch....

Tony
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
I've gotta take a dumb-assed test that morning...apparently I am not "highly qualified" to teach Language to 6th graders. It is another ramification of the famous "No Child Left Behind" lunacy, requiring teachers to jump through hoops to deem them "highly qualified"...despite experience or proficiency. Soon we will be spending more time testing kids than teaching them!

Anyway, I hope to join up with you guys later on in the afternoon. By then my hullsides should be wet-sanded, polished, and decaled...if all goes well!

Tony
06-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Sh*t...1:00 start time for my stupid-assed MTTC test. Looks like I am missing the SOTW Poker Run as well as running White Lake...DAMN!

:beer:

DonziBlue
06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I can't miss this. I am only 4 minutes from the boat launch on White Lake. Last year my wife and I watched the poker run near the White Lake channel in Lake Michigan - It was perfect. I'll be there again this year. I look forward to meeting everyone that comes.

Carl C
06-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I will try to make it, RTSE, if it's OK. I've been wanting to sample the Great Lakes but would like a little guidance at first. It would be a tight schedule since I must work the Fri. And Sun. before and after. I'll probably have to wait til just before and check the weather forecast. This one does sound too awesome to miss.:boat: :yes:

roadtrip se
06-21-2006, 01:46 PM
I will try to make it, RTSE, if it's OK. I've been wanting to sample the Great Lakes but would like a little guidance at first. It would be a tight schedule since I must work the Fri. And Sun. before and after. I'll probably have to wait til just before and check the weather forecast. This one does sound too awesome to miss.:boat: :yes:

It is time for the BIG WATER!

Look forward to meeting you DonziBlue.

Tony, any way to delay that test? I know you have worked that boat over a bunch and we will be in your backyard.

Time to page Tamburello as well as Carl and Air Patti. What did I do with the card for the guy that owns that black Crit?

Tony
06-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Todd, it's the type of test that is offered about 4 times per year...and trust me I am sick about it! This gathering sounds like a blast, and even though I have been to every SOTW since inception it has always been on Friday night to see the boats close up at the docks. That is also when they give rides to the Make-A-Wish kids, and that is a real treat to see. This year I planned on a Saturday "on the water" experience but, alas, it does not look like it will happen. :mad:

gold-n-rod
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey, I think I can do this. Mapquest sez it's 105 miles from where my Donzi is located. And, the Mrs. is out of town that weekend.

Please keep me in the loop directions and launch location-wise. I'll try to apease the weather gods in the meanwhile.

I will have to stick to White lake, however. Unless it's FAC, my 16 is NOT a Lake Michigan boat.

Tony, I could, er, watch your 22 for the day. Yue kuld comm aftur yer bigg tesst. Zat OK wit yuu??? :wink:

:wavey:

tamburello
06-21-2006, 08:52 PM
A MADCOW get together in W. Michigan? :eek!: Count me in! :boat: :yes:

Hey Todd I thought that you'd sworn off the big pond on this side of the state. Oh, that's right you only swore off launching at the tunnel of doom boat launch over here. :shocking: :shocking:

We'll have fun towing in the big guys that detonate their equipment at SOTW. I can't wait to see you all and run on the home waters.

- Jeff

Tony
06-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Randy, you probably know exactly which test I'm talking about. I'd love to crank that thing out in a couple hours...which may put me over in West Michigan about 6:00 or so. I'll play it by ear, maybe some of you will still be on the water around that time.

gold-n-rod
06-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Randy, you probably know exactly which test I'm talking about. I'd love to crank that thing out in a couple hours...which may put me over in West Michigan about 6:00 or so. I'll play it by ear, maybe some of you will still be on the water around that time.

Yes, that test I know, but not first hand. Unfortunately, a few bad apples spoiled it (teachers and administrators) and thus the test was born.

Here's an idea. Bring the boat over in the morning (or Friday), and leave it with a trusted person or place (noun) like DonziBlue, for instance. Go back, take the damned exam and then speed back over, dunk the boat in and have some fun. It doesn't get dark until 9:30, you know. You could make better time after the test without the boat in tow.

Just an idea.

Hope to see you there.

DonziBlue
06-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Good suggestion Randy. Tony, you can keep it at my place. I have plenty of space. I even have two dogs that will keep guard :)

Brad

boldts
06-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey Poodle. If Todd lost his card, I'm positive where mine is and I'll be glad to help a fellow AOTH brother out. Funny how it happens to be very close to the check book. :wink:

Tony
06-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Here's some inside information, from a buddy of mine who also happens to be one of the two main guys in charge of this Poker Run...Bob Luwellen.

White Lake is scheduled to be stop #4, right after lunch. The boats will be coming up from Grand Haven. Lunch is supposed to be from 12:00 - 1:00, putting the fleet in White sometime between 1:30 and 2:30. Realize, though, that this is tentative and, depending on conditions, the order of the stops may be rearranged at the last minute.

Also, the Donzi Poker Run boat is scheduled to make an appearance. Bob told me the names of the guys bringing it, one of them the marketing guy, but I forgot their names.

Damn...I wish I could make this event!

Looks like we'll be in Grand Haven Friday afternoon and evening, though, for some dock action and probably the dinner. They put out quite a spread, it's cool seeing the boats up close, and that is also the day they give rides to the Make-A-Wish kids.

roadtrip se
06-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Good suggestion Randy. Tony, you can keep it at my place. I have plenty of space. I even have two dogs that will keep guard :)
Brad
Brad, I have talked to quite a few people and they are looking for suggestions on places to stay in the area and directions from the highway to the ramp. I'm showing 8-12 boats depending on the maybes, so we ought to have a good contingent. Fingers crossed for great weather.

DonziBlue
06-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Here are some motels. They are in order of niceness from feedback I have received from visitors:

1. Weathervane Inn – 4527 Dowling St, Montague, MI 49437 – 231.893.8931
2. Best Western – 2822 N Durham Rd, Whitehall 49461 – 231.893.4833
3. Ramada Inn – 2865 W Holton Whitehall Road, Whitehall, MI 49461 – 231.893.3030

The Weathervane Inn is just .25 mile from the boat launch, is the nicest, but has limited parking.

Nice Bed and Breakfast:

• White Swan Inn - 303 Mears, Whitehall, MI 49461 – 231.894.5169
• Cocoa Cottage and Bed – 223 Mears, Whitehall, MI 49461 – 231.893.0674

Directions: From US31 take the Montague/Whitehall Exit.
• Best Western and Ramada are right next to US 31 on the east side of the highway.
• Both Bed & Breakfast are located in downtown Whitehall. Go west of US31 and turn left at the stoplight in downtown Whitehall. They are located two blocks south of the light.
• Weathervane Inn – Go west of US31 from Exit and drive through downtown Whitehall on Business Route 31 (Colby Street). You’ll continue through the downtown stoplight and the road will curve to the right. Continue across the White River – just across the river the first building to the left is the Weathervane Inn.
•Boat Launch – The traffic light is just beyond the Weathervane Inn. Montague only has one traffic light. Turn left (south) at the traffic light. That road dead ends into the boat launch after the road curves through some condos and boat storage buildings. Boat launch costs: $10. The boat launch is only approximately 5 miles from the US31 Montague/Whitehall Exit.

Lake Michigan has been nice the last few weeks. Let's hope it continues for that weekend too.

Brad

Trueser
06-26-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm in....

Matt will have the Z29 in Grand Haven. And I get the 22 that weekend.

Possibly lunch at Dockside or Brad can come up with some other options as long a the big lake stays nice.

Watch your speed in town. The locals will be or sure.

Dr. Dan
06-27-2006, 08:34 PM
:bonk: Well.... I spoke with our Family Director of Fun and as I suspected... he is planning on heading out to Silver Lake area(Sat July 8th) if the Big Lake is nice... in the morning. :beer:

So if Liz and I aren't around I am guessing that is where we will be... we are actually leaving this Friday or Saturday and will be there all of next week. My Cell for those who don't have it yet is 717-512-3656, leave a message... I get alot of calls.

Todd knows how to get ahold of me also... now although I really wanna run with my Donzi Brothers... I have to let ya know that the entire reason I am even going to Michigan is because on Saturday the 8th my Mom turns the Big 80!!:eek!: So I have family flying in to R & R on my brothers Sundancer and a few in our Classic...for that day only!

So I might not be able to play in the Reindeer Games... it is strickly gonna be a play by ear deal for us! :wavey:

I alerted my brother that SOTW was the same day...so he is prepared to see some boats.

Please come find me.:cool:

Doc the Missing Link :spongebob

gold-n-rod
06-27-2006, 09:09 PM
OK, I need some clarity here.....

I'm planning on coming down, but I'm NOT interested in getting out on the Big Lake unless it is abso****inglutely FAC. My 16 is NOT a Big Lake boat!!!!!:yes:

So, is there a plan, or does this proposed mass of Donzis just leave the launch in a mob and head for the big water?

It's not that I'm a *****, I just am not going to get beat to **** following you bigger boats. :bonk:

So, is there an organized plan...... or every man for himself?

Dr. Dan
06-28-2006, 05:55 AM
:smash: Randy ... It sure sounds like a pretty defined gathering, Donzi Blue,Roadtrip and Trueser I am sure will do a good job of hearding the Cats! My guess is if its rough out no one would be running the Big Lake either...

Todd will chime in as well as others ... I have been on the West Side of Michigan many times and had a really great time each time we went... I have also spent time in Muskegon and in their little Bay area....when it was choppy as the Big water...so I guess it's always relative. I have never been with a group of Donzis where they left any 16 or little boat... at least not a Group I was in...if anything... I am the guy who will make sure of it... and hang with ya... just ask Mattyboy?

I haven't boated with most of the guys attending here...but I have boated with Mike and Todd...and unless Todd is trying to dust your ass in a King Cobra vs. IMCO Shorty Rooster Tail contest ... I think Todd would even make sure you were with the pack....:spongebob

Ok back to your regularly scheduled program... Todd,Brad & Mike....can ya make Randy feel any better here? :wavey:

Doc Toddy! :beer:

Tony
06-28-2006, 09:22 AM
No worries, Randy. When my engine was in "limp home" mode, about 25 miles from the docks on Lake Cumberland, guess who came back for me..appearing around a bend like the Lone Ranger...Todd Sommerville!

And, guess who spent 2 hours in my bilge swapping out the thermostat, despite having JUST met him...Mike Truesdale!

Plus, remember that the Poker Run fleet is actually entering White Lake to pick up a card, so you will see all the boats whether you are on the Big Lake or not.

p.s. Randy, did you get a PM from me recently, regarding us being up north sometime in August?

roadtrip se
06-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Randy, our intent is to run Lake Michigan, IF conditions allow. From talking to Trueser, White Lake is all of five miles long.

As Dan has already stated, we aren't going to leave anybody behind. My suggestion would be to bring the 16 down early, run out to the channel, and make an assessment of the situation. If you don't like what you see, run her back, put it on the trailer, and hop in with one of the bigger boats. We aren't going to exclude anyone from the reindeer games!

I do know that Tamburello runs out there all the time in his 18 off of Holland as home base, so it can be done.

Atomic Tan
06-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Carl and Air Patti will be there (as if you didn't know that Todd). Now as for you other southern MI people who tend to boat south of Flint, it's time to load up the trailer and take a roadtrip. Ranman, Doug, Sam, are you listening?For those of you who missed the last two MADCOW events you really owe it to yourselves to attend this one. It's guaranteed to be a good time. Hope to see ya there. Carl

Trueser
06-28-2006, 12:04 PM
The only way to tell how the Big lake is that day is to run thru the channel. I have seen White lake kicked up like crazy and we get on the big lake and its like glass. We never can tell from the dock. We have run all the way down to Grand Haven and back and as far north as Pentwater.

Everyday is different and things can change quickly.

I would still attend......

Carl C
06-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Randy, the only thing that will keep me away is if the weather prediction is bad the day before. I will have room for a passenger or two if you wanted to anchor your boat in White Lake. Now a 22 footer is still small for Lake Michigan but I'm really looking forward to getting out there. I'll have to do it all in one day since I must work Friday and Sunday. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I really want to check out Roadtrips ride. Isn't this the one with the Blue motor and shorty? Maybe I can talk him into taking me out for a top speed run! I'm looking forward to meeting Randy and Tamburello. I'm already getting things together and am sure appreciating my newly opened up "cuddyhole". No more "Donzi Dance" for me!:) :boat: :yes:

tamburello
06-30-2006, 01:35 PM
I always check out this webcam of the Holland pier just before I venture out.

http://spyglasshill.com/Webcam/Default2.htm

If there aren't people on the pier to judge wave size by, the top of the pier is almos 6 feet above the water. It'll help to at least give you an idea of the conditions. Granted it only takes an hour of heavy wind to transform the lake from mill pond calm to a lumpy mess. Usually, in the summer if its calm in the morning and a front isn't rolling through it will be relatively calm throughout the day. See you on White Lake!

- Jeff

Carl C
07-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Here is a map of the lake and area showing the boat launch near the N.E. end of the lake. Is this the meeting spot? Noon?

BaldEagle
07-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Already here. Looking forward to seeing more Donzi boats on White Lake. Mike, Matt and Brad are also always willing to give a great tour of the Lake Michigan wave tops too.
The harbor entrance and the north end of the Lake are no wake zones. It is patroled but they dont seem to mind the sound of healthy enginies.
There is a municipal launch ramp on the north west side of the lake just south of Ellenwood Landing Marina.
Look forward to meeting anyone who can make it.

Trueser
07-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't think thats The correct port Scott....

Already spotted and Ran with Dr Dan. He is at the marina south east end of the lake.

I will be back up sometime Friday.

roadtrip se
07-05-2006, 10:16 AM
LOL, what do I know? It's from the webcam site Tamburello linked to....
Will there be event T-shirts this year??

Gosh, just seem to have a few shirts left over from the last MADCOW rally.

Several Larges, one XL, and a bunch of XXL's.

I'll throw them in the back of the EX for those of you who might want one, free to a good home...

gold-n-rod
07-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Gosh, just seem to have a few shirts left over from the last MADCOW rally.
Several Larges, one XL, and a bunch of XXL's.
I'll throw them in the back of the EX for those of you who might want one, free to a good home...

Dibs on the XL.

I'm polishing my 16 and getting her ready for Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

C-y'all then!!!!

Randy

Tony
07-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Trueser, did you say that Matt will have the Z29 down in Grand Haven?
Will he be there during the day on Friday? That's the only day I am able to boat, and that's where I'll probably drop in.

Tony
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Smoke On The Water Poker Run
2006 Tentative Itinerary
Friday, July 7, 2006
8:00 AM - Sponsor and Participant Registration Opens (Registration building)
10:00 AM - Boat Rides and activities for Make-A-Wish Kids and Families
6:30 PM - Appetizers
7:00 PM - Dinner
8:00 PM - Charity Auction - Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan
9:30 PM - Local Establishment Review (Pub Hopping)
All Day - Interviews and Sponsors Promotion

Saturday, July 8, 2006
7:00 AM - Late Registration (Registration Building)
7:00 AM - Breakfast (Event Tent)
8:15 AM - MANDATORY Captains' Meeting (Event Tent)
9:00 AM - Boats leave the docks for Southern leg of Poker Run
9:30 AM - Organized start behind pace boat for Southern leg of Poker Run
-- Going to Holland, then South Haven, then back to Grand Haven
12:00 PM - Lunch back at Grand Haven docks
1:30 PM - Boats leave docks for Northern leg of Poker Run
-- Going to White Lake, then Muskegon, then back to Grand Haven
2:00 PM - Begin North leg of run
7:30 PM - Appetizers (Event tent)
8:00 PM - Dinner and Awards Ceremony - Sponsor Recognition

Trueser
07-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Tony,
MAtt is heading up early Saturday morning. I will be up sometime Friday, not sure what time yet.

I will give you a call today.

Carl C
07-06-2006, 06:46 AM
Just a thought: If White Lake is like the lakes here in Oakland County on a hot Saturday then it may very well be rougher than Lake Michigan!:eek!: Let's hope this great weather holds up and I'll see y'all Saturday.:yippie: :boat: :boat: :boat: :yes:

tamburello
07-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Rootsy, I hope your eye heals up quick, that couldn't have been fun.

Poodle, it's always fun to meet a big freighter coming out the channel, as if I don't already feel small in my 18.

See you all on Saturday! :yes:

- Jeff

Magicallbill
07-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Poodle;
I used to spend several nites a summer at Eldean's Shipyard in my Grady-White, and more than once I encountered ore freighters inbound and outbound in the Holland Channel.
I'm no Jim Cantore,but you all have a fighting chance of less-than-3-footers this time of year. The exception would be a strong southerly flow ahead of an approaching system,or strong N.Westerlys after the passage of a cold front. Anything in-between should be decent boating.
The size of a "Lake Michigan Boat" is relative. If it's calm, a jonboat is OK.I've seen many hardy fishermen in them. If it's rough, nothing is comfortable. Just watch the weather..The ports are close together up there, Grand Haven, White Lake, Etc. Your not far from safe harbor;Enjoy..

MB

Trueser
07-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Can we get an update list?

Trueser 22C
Matt Z29
Brad H. 22C
Dr Dan 22C
tamburello
Todd and Jill 22C
gold-n-rod
Carl C
Bald Eagle 18C

Carl and Air Patti

Im Sure I missed someone.............

Rootsy ???????????

Patti
07-07-2006, 07:05 AM
We won't be there..

We were supposed to go to Mackinac City/Mackinac Island this weekend but with Jamie injuring his eye, we'll be staying close to home.

Hope you guys have fun!

Take pics ;)

Carl C
07-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Can we get an update list?
Trueser 22C
Matt Z29
Brad H. 22C
Dr Dan 22C
tamburello
Todd and Jill 22C
gold-n-rod
Carl C
Bald Eagle 18C
Carl and Air Patti
Im Sure I missed someone.............
Rootsy ???????????

Just to fill in the missing info TTBOMK:
tamburello 18C
gold-n-rod 16C
Carl C 22C
Carl and Air Patty 22C

I assume Brad is RTSE?

Patti
07-07-2006, 07:22 AM
RTSE is Todd :)

Carl C
07-07-2006, 07:26 AM
RTSE is Todd :) Oooops, I hope I didn't ruin my chance of snagging a ride in the Beast. Thanks, Patti.

Patti
07-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Oh i'm sure you didnt ;) lol

Enjoy..looks like weather is supposed to be nice..muggy..but nice.

roadtrip se
07-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I have heard rumbles about a few last minute, local stragglers, but I think you caught the confirmed folks. C'mon guys, get off the fence and come have a ball for the day.

Carl C, you are certainly welcome on my beast and I am sure the "Evil Twin",
aka The Doctor, will take you for a blast too. You will come back mumbling something like "blue motor good" over and over again, so be ready.

Randy, the XL MADCOW shirt is yours.

Mike mentioned cruising down to Grand Haven after the runners come through. Weather forecast looks like it will be doable.

See you at the ramp!

roadtrip se
07-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Heard from the Ranman today.

He'll be there ready to tear it up!

Anyone else? Bueller, Bueller?

Carl C
07-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Mike mentioned cruising down to Grand Haven after the runners come through. Weather forecast looks like it will be doable.
See you at the ramp! That's only 25 miles each way. Sounds awesome. Maybe do lunch and fill the gas tanks at Grand Haven? Alright, off to bed. I've got a long tow in the morning!:convertib :boat:

Tony
07-07-2006, 10:07 PM
The boats look great, withe tons of awesome engines and bling. We cruised the docks Friday afternoon as the boats arrived and Make-A-Wish rides were given. Lots of Cigs, Outerlimits, some sweet Sabers, and even a couple Donzis...a 2000 45' and a 38' ZR from Wisconsin. Hangin' around the docks lookin' good (that would be my wife, not me) can sometimes pay off, as we snagged a ride in a 36' Skater! See the post in the Performance section for the details...

roadtrip se
07-09-2006, 11:31 AM
but the sun was a shinin...

Lake Michigan was throwing at least four to six footers at us all day, to the point where most of the poker runners didn't show for the afternoon leg of the run at White Lake. Why do they call those things OFFSHORE boats any way?

This has to be a record for the LEAST amount of fuel I have ever used at a gathering. I did get in a serious case of sun stroke and a couple of blasts down the lake, while the sherriff looked the other way as I went out and broke the 55 mph speed limit law. Had to get the shakedown in after all.

Couple of note worthies:

- I've got a big anchor with a real long, tangled line that won't set worth a dang available cheap! Excess weight on the drag strip.

- The limited edition MADCOW t-shirts are officially gone, so please don't call me for these highly sought after items. My neighbors are going to be disappointed, when they don't see me running the Deere in them any more!

- Eleven Donzi Classics in one place after a single post on a chat board is a testament to the internet. Nice meeting everybody, putting the shine on, and showing off your rides. Lets do it again!

- No, Golden-Rod didn't get on the water with the 16, but it looked great on the trailer. With the wind, I don't blame you. Randy, think Torch Lake for one of these, I would show.

- Five miles of lake is way too short for the Evil Twins to strech their legs, but good seeing the Lizard and Dr. Dan, especially with your family obligations.

- A finely restored Z29 can make the run from Grand Haven when the big boys stay home. Nice job Matt Truesdale. Mike Truesdale, nice meeting Mrs. Truesdale, and if she says buys a bigger boat, I would pay attention.

- Brad, thanks for corraling us for dinner. Good eats and drinks. Brad just happens to drive a blue and tan top Vette to match his blue and cream Donzi, so the poker runners have nothing on us.

To sum it up, A real big water day can turn a Classic into a jet ski, but at least a little water over the bow was invigorating!

See you guys next time!

Carl C
07-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Had a great time. I ran wide open on White Lake and it had a good 2 ft. chop. What a blast. The deputy was cool and just kept things going smoothly. Thanks dep. Dr. Dan's engine compartment is truly beautiful. They had to pull me off the trailer. Til next time..........:beer:

Carl C
07-09-2006, 06:33 PM
................And the big boats:)

gold-n-rod
07-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Here's some evidence from Pinheads after a day on the water. Jeff (Bald Eagle) you are a bit red on top. A forgotten hat is never a good thing.

gold-n-rod
07-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Here's some more.....

gold-n-rod
07-09-2006, 08:24 PM
but the sun was a shinin...
Lake Michigan was throwing at least four to six footers at us all day, to the point where most of the poker runners didn't show for the afternoon leg of the run at White Lake. Why do they call those things OFFSHORE boats any way?
This has to be a record for the LEAST amount of fuel I have ever used at a gathering. I did get in a serious case of sun stroke and a couple of blasts down the lake, while the sherriff looked the other way as I went out and broke the 55 mph speed limit law. Had to get the shakedown in after all.
Couple of note worthies:
- I've got a big anchor with a real long, tangled line that won't set worth a dang available cheap! Excess weight on the drag strip.
- The limited edition MADCOW t-shirts are officially gone, so please don't call me for these highly sought after items. My neighbors are going to be disappointed, when they don't see me running the Deere in them any more!
- Eleven Donzi Classics in one place after a single post on a chat board is a testament to the internet. Nice meeting everybody, putting the shine on, and showing off your rides. Lets do it again!
- No, Golden-Rod didn't get on the water with the 16, but it looked great on the trailer. With the wind, I don't blame you. Randy, think Torch Lake for one of these, I would show.
- Five miles of lake is way too short for the Evil Twins to strech their legs, but good seeing the Lizard and Dr. Dan, especially with your family obligations.
- A finely restored Z29 can make the run from Grand Haven when the big boys stay home. Nice job Matt Truesdale. Mike Truesdale, nice meeting Mrs. Truesdale, and if she says buys a bigger boat, I would pay attention.
- Brad, thanks for corraling us for dinner. Good eats and drinks. Brad just happens to drive a blue and tan top Vette to match his blue and cream Donzi, so the poker runners have nothing on us.
To sum it up, A real big water day can turn a Classic into a jet ski, but at least a little water over the bow was invigorating!
See you guys next time!

Here are some additonal observations:

- Everywhere the Donzi went, we raised a fuss. People were fawning over the boats in the bar parking lot.

- A Classic 16 on a windy day with 2+ foot chop..... don't send a boy to do a man's job.

- Damn good thing Jeff (BaldEagle) showed up when he did. I got to the launch after the crowd left and Jeff offered a seat in his ultra fine 6.2 Classic 18. He was a great host and even let me drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

- The 18 gang (BaldEagle, Tamburello and Ranman) didn't let the big guys intimidate them. They ran with the big dogs through the slop with the hammers down.

- Ranman, next race, Jeff wants me to ride with YOU!!!!!

- Carl C. Sorry you couldn't get in some big lake practice, but you had no problem running WOT on White Lake. Nice driving skills.

- Carl, it's time to add a pottie to that cuddy. Liz might have stayed on the water longer.

- Speaking of Liz, what a delightful companion you have, Dan. And she can handle a boat with the best, too!!

- Beware of big sailboats with pilots who aren't paying attention. BaldEagle nearly had two 9 foot pieces of boat. Yikes. I was so scared all I could do was wave my arms. Quick thinking Jeff slammed reverse and got the hell out of there. Sheesh, silly blowboaters.

- Pinheads was great. I don't eat typical bar food and there was plenty for me to choose from. Great call, Jeff.

- Carl, that was some ugly gunk you were churning up at the ramp. Hope you got the chance to flush that **** out. I'm just glad we didn't have to jump in and push you off. Eww.

- I now understand why Air Carl and Air Patti got their names. I saw a lot of the bottom of their boat.

- Roostertails are cool. 'Nuf said.

- Todd, thanks for the shirt. I shall wear it with pride.

- Brad, I saw the Vette at Pinheads. Didn't make the connection. Nice pair....... of toys that is!!!!!

- Tamburello, nice to see you again and this time get the chance to talk. Glad your boat is running again. Nice to meet your dad, too.

As you can see, I had a great time. Thanks to all for including me in your fun I'm thinking another MadCow event would be nice on August 12th or 13th at Torch Lake. Anybody game?

Tony
07-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Randy...Cherrie and I are planning on being up north for that weekend. What about Torch Lake on Saturday and Crystal Lake on Sunday? Maybe the Juice Crew from Cederville will join us...and hopefully Todd and Jill can see what we've been saying about how beautiful Torch is.

Glad you had a good time, and met some of the Michigan gang...even the transplanted one, Dr. Dan. I think I saw you heading towards Lansing about 9:30 Saturday night. My wife and I were at the Cadillac Club for our 28th anniversary dinner...first time there...quite a nice place!

gold-n-rod
07-10-2006, 10:08 PM
I think I saw you heading towards Lansing about 9:30 Saturday night. My wife and I were at the Cadillac Club for our 28th anniversary dinner...first time there...quite a nice place!

Nope, not me. I headed back up to Frankfort after the MADCOW dinner.

Congrats on #28. You have 4 years on Sheila and me. The Caddy Club is very nice. Too bad it's in such a rough part of town. Glad you could make merry on your big day.

I like the idea of a 2 lake weekend in the great north. Folks who come can do Torch on Saturday, stay in Traverse City on Sat nite (we could arrange a dinner there) and then come to Frankfort (Crystal Lake) for Sunday boating. 2 fine lakes in 2 days, what a concept!!

We need some feedback, you MADCOWS. Are you in or out for the weekend of the 12 & 13th of August??

I'll work the details if y'all are game.

Carl C
07-11-2006, 05:59 AM
I like the idea of a 2 lake weekend in the great north. Folks who come can do Torch on Saturday, stay in Traverse City on Sat nite (we could arrange a dinner there) and then come to Frankfort (Crystal Lake) for Sunday boating. 2 fine lakes in 2 days, what a concept!!
We need some feedback, you MADCOWS. Are you in or out for the weekend of the 12 & 13th of August??
I'll work the details if y'all are game. I'd probably show up Sunday and give Lake Michigan another try on Monday, even if it's just Grand Traverse Bay. These things are just so costly for someone who's only income comes on week-ends. I also hope the police aren't over-zealous on Crystal Lake (I can't drive 55!). I'd start a new thread for this and maybe RTSE can put a sticky on it.:) :boat: :yes:

DonziBlue
07-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Randy,

I am in for a Saturday, August 12th, Torch Lake or Lake Michigan ride. I would probably drive up Friday evening and stay near TC and be ready in the morning.

Brad

roadtrip se
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
and lets see what kind of reaction you get!