PDA

View Full Version : Dustoff- first report

mattyboy
06-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Ok landed home from the first half leg of the ford windstar farwell tour 2006
held at the Queen of American lakes Lake George NY so these are sketchy at best and I hope everyone makes it home safely as there was a serious accident on rt 87 and the delays will effect everyone leaving on Sunday.

First I can't thank Scott and Sheri enuff they are great friends great hosts ;)

my ass end don't look so bad doing 80mph- thanks for towing the 16 up Scott and letting me break in the tranny instead of break up the tranny

Gentlemen Jack, he will transport you to a tropical paradise cool clear blue water and clear blue skies, smooth water, other donzi to run with, abundant food , friends and stories to share , simply nirvana, but when you wake up on Saturday you'll be driving to the Alconquin with the cockpit cover on and rain sandblasting you recenly nirvana sunburned skin, but soon after things clear up ;)

Everyone who is a memeber here get to a local event please the owners of these boats are bar far some of the best people I have ever met. Sometimes this medium doesn't get the real story across

To the newcomers I hope you enjoyed yourself and felt welcome sometimes these things go by so quickly it is hard to get to chat with everyone,
and as usual it is always great getting to spend time with old friends

who knew spending 3 hours with a recently gold spray painted beat up prop would inpart the vocabulary that I would have bet big bucks I would never say like.........

A) well that's a 1.3 ratio outdrive there's no way you can spin this prop......
......Earl I'll keep my eye out for the right prop for ya

B) Yeah sure you can borrow my tools, just put em back in the windstar when your done........................
........... Shea I'm glad you got out on the water, the boat is awesome hope you and Tina enjoyed yourself

Jay and Kirby your boats are both great sorry I couldn't have helped more, If I can be of any help let me know looking forward to seeing you guys at the next event

Cliff and Di can't say enuff , great spending time with ya it's always a great time

Paul hope you enjoyed the ride back in the 16, I'll be in touch about high and dry drop inservice

Jim and Janice wish Marie and I could have spent a little more time with ya hope you did enjoy the frozen North I did send Jack Frost and ill tempered letter warning him to stay away.... we Nu Yorkas ain't too friggin bad are we :)

and to the crew that hangs out side cabin 10 at the treasure cove
Tom n Kim, Don n Kim,Dan n Liz,Dwight n Chrissy,Brad n Amy,Jim n Janice,Jay, the new guys who I stole their chairs with the white and black 22,, George n Bonnie, and the crew from winnie,
I had a blast sorry the lake george pirate could not make an appearnce saturday night it had something to do with 3 hours of gold spray paint drying and trying to put his head threw the roof ;)

and all of these beautiful boats were handle with love and care by these to fine young gentlemen
more to come stayed tuned

I am sure Brad will have a ton of great shots he always does a great job

Kirbyvv
06-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing some great Donzi's. I'll be back for more. Great event!!!! Next event I'll make sure to have neutral and reverse, but at least I could go the right direction. I sucked at poker though.

jl1962
06-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Matty is right on (of course). The Dust-off was awesome. Great to meet so many recent and long time owners. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement too. Next time I'll know what to do when the drive gets stuck!

Man those 22's sure fly!

Jay

bob haver
06-19-2006, 12:10 PM
It was really nice seeing everyone again and meeting some new people. Thank you for once again making us feel welcome.

It's so interesting to learn about so many different versions of Donzi's and what they have to offer and yet we all had something in common.

The dinner was planned so well and it was obvious the work that went into it behind the scenes. We can't say enough for the people who organize and plan this event.

As for the "runs", riding next to Scott was great. He really knows how to handle that 18. Not only is Scott a positive leader to this club, he is alot of fun to run with.

P.S. Matty, we already have a hanger ready for the golden prop, just waiting for you to ship it to me.

Thanks again for a wonderful weekend.

mattyboy
06-19-2006, 12:46 PM
we had a thought that we would have the winners name put on it from year to year just like the Stanley cup for future generations to see ;) or maybe not ;) the golden prop of knowledge will be making another appearance at the fall picnic you can hold on to it than and then bring it back for the next winner to have next spring let me know how the pictures look after you get them on the wall

boldts
06-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey, is that a Testarosa Minx in the first picture left hand side? Now that's something you don't see every day if it is. Sounds like everyone had a great time again this year. Scott does a fantastic job with the gathering. Sure would like to see that lake someday.

undertaker
06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Where are all the pics.....:bonk: :bonk:

Undertaker:cool!:

ChromeGorilla
06-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Man, I sure did miss coming up this year. I hope everyone had a good time. And hell... even the docks were above the waterline too!:yes:

So.... was CDMA in attendance?????????:lookaroun

mattyboy
06-19-2006, 09:41 PM
yes testarosa and testarosa minx in attendance plus 2 Black hawk boats not LE's but black hawks none the same and an LE 22, 2 orange X 18's a few 500+hp 22's, 16 hull 409 ,410 420, a 383 mag 86 18 and a 350mpi 18 that hung with the big boys all in all about 25 boats , there will be pics once things settle down here plus on the lake george classic donzi site has well not to mention the ACDOA site that Brad posts all of his great pics ;)

shudda been there what were U thinkin ;)

ChromeGorilla
06-20-2006, 03:22 PM
If i wasn't in school last week and this week I woulda been there.....:boggled:

slapshot11
06-20-2006, 06:23 PM
This weekend was an absolute BLAST. My first Dust Off and I'm already looking forward to next year. Alot of really great people and absolutely beautiful boats. Running north at WOT past the Narrows on Sunday morning was the best. Great job Scott and everyone else who made this such a successful event.

mattyboy
06-21-2006, 08:46 AM
looks like Brad has his pics loaded on the Lake george Donzi site
He really Does a great Job with that Thanks Brad

www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery

check under the gallery section

undertaker
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Great Pics!!!!:yes: :yes: Nice job Brad...:yes:

Undertaker:pimp:

LKSD
06-22-2006, 06:59 AM
Looks like we missed a fun time. Nice pics. K& J :cool!:

Ricardo Grande
06-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Looks like we missed a fun time. Nice pics. K& J :cool!:

You're very active on the board, but we never see you at any events. Why not come and join the fun?

LKSD
06-22-2006, 09:03 AM
You're very active on the board, but we never see you at any events. Why not come and join the fun?

We did have reservations for the Dust off. However things never turn out the way we plan. We never have anytime. Between work load, crazy hours he works, Jamie's health, my dad's health and now my health it makes it very difficult. Actually going to the events is what we need to relax. I guess easier said than done. However, I do make reservations for tons of things hoping we could go. We even have reservations for the Miami Boat show currently. I better keep my figures crossed on that one. I would really love to get back to Florida again for a vaca. Kristin:cool!:

undertaker
06-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Well you better stop working so much and starting enjoying yourself because I know better than anybody you only live once and life is tooo short.:( :( I am not into burying my friends:yes:

Oh, on a lighter note you can start enjoying yourself by heading to the bay Friday, I should be pulling out Friday AM for the day..... See ya there..:)

Undertaker:bonk:

LKSD
06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Well you better stop working so much and starting enjoying yourself because I know better than anybody you only live once and life is tooo short.:( :( I am not into burying my friends:yes:
Oh, on a lighter note you can start enjoying yourself by heading to the bay Friday, I should be pulling out Friday AM for the day..... See ya there..:)
Undertaker:bonk:

I cant get out this weekend to the bay.. Kristin & I are still planning to go for a few days incl the 4th for a short break.. We both need to get some sun & sea.. :) Possibly we will catch ya there soon.. I know we were also talking to Fasttrucker about going down for then.. Talk to ya later.. I gotta get work done so I can spend a little time with Kristin this evening.. It's her 21st birthday (again as she would say).. I will let her tell her age if she wants to.. I dont need a beatin' .... lol.. :D :) catch ya all later & have a cool day.:) Jamie

undertaker
06-22-2006, 12:31 PM
I tried, oh well.....

Sorry will stop hijacking this thread...

Undertaker:cool!: :boat:

LKSD
06-22-2006, 12:40 PM
I tried, oh well.....
Sorry will stop hijacking this thread...
Undertaker:cool!: :boat:

No problem we will get out with you guys soon :D :D We are actually looking forward to it.. We will keep you posted:) jamie

bob haver
06-22-2006, 08:52 PM
nice job brad it was alot fun running next to [george & you &bonnie& amy].now air 22 can see the stern lift from the bravo 1 prop but it is a good thing that george won't push that drive because i wouldn't be albe to keep up. again awesome job on the picture's.

THANNKS BOB

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
06-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Wow, I see I really missed a good time. The band got reamed at the Stone Pony (freakin' club owners!:mad: ), which had me even more pissed that I had to miss the Dustoff. And get this, I have a wedding to play the day of the Fall Picnic! AARGH! I really need to clone myself.

I love the pics. Good job Brad! The Lime Green 16 really catches the eye. Was that an original color?

Eric

boldts
06-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Fantastic pictures Brad. Thank-you for more shots to add to my screen saver library! As always, you done good! BTW, you own a red and white 22 Classic now? Hard to keep up with your purchases sometimes. :)

mattyboy
06-25-2006, 06:46 AM
more pics now up
on
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery

Thank You Brad :)

mattyboy
07-02-2006, 08:25 AM
well after going thru more of the pics I realized there was a ton of stuff going on at this event

not two but three 16's that were at the factory in spring of 67
earl's hul 409, mine hull 410 and jay's 420

you can only win longest tow if what you tow hits the water, so Jim in order to have won that we would have had to splash the wrangler ;) next time tow a boat up you southern guys are always so nice letting us northern boys leave our stuff down there it is about time we return the favor I am sure cliff and I would treat the critter if it was one of own ;) :yes:

Blackhawk drives have some sorta hypnotic effect on the human male, pull in with one and well it is like the pied piper all of asudden there's a line following you I mean what is better than one shiney thing??? TWO SHINEY THINGS

Marie and I have come to the conclusion when the kids are off at college we are gonna take a little business venture and buy Cabin number 10 at treasure cove an open a little beer joint Chez Matte' with outdoor dining ,live music, a nice family establishment

I spun the hub on my prop the other day and we were stranded we needed to eat jiffy pop and rice a roni in order to survive the only way we made it back to civilization was to run the gold prop of knowledge( nice bow lift and good mid range) hope the trivia winners don't mind :p

Finally have had the time to do alittle work in the family room the new addtion to the boating wall looks awesome( which is now getting bigger than the golf and the awards wall)

BTW if any of you lake george guys hear a beeping noise at the gas dock at Chic's that would be my office looking for me :rolleyes:

BUIZILLA
07-02-2006, 11:14 AM
I haven't had 3 1/2 weeks off straight in over 35 years, so this was a GREAT trip... just got home last night... :wink:
I am at a loss for the right adjective's to describe our trip... 4,300 miles in the coach, GREAT people, and new sites were discovered. The pinnacle was the LG weekend.
We WILL be back next year, but a week or so earlier to take part in Americade and Laconia bike shows. I am in total awe of the area, and all it has to offer. My neck hurt from taking in all the scenery. I am going to bring a scooter and boat next year. :shark:
First off, our sincere thanx to the LG group for their welcome and heartfelt friendship for Janice and I all weekend. It's hard to describe the true and honest fellowship, unless one attends these events, it's as if we all knew each other for 40 years or so... amazing story's. :alligator
You can't win longest tow, with something that doesn't float, no matter how much air is in the tires... :smash:
I now LOVE yellow boats... a LOT, thanx to Sue for the seat time. There should be an award for fastest learner in a 22, she wins my approval. :tongue:
Cliff is a GREAT navigator, DI looks astounding in a dress.. :shocking: :cool!:
The proceeds for Dwight's poster I paid for, was the least I can do, for somebody that probably saved my life 2 years ago in the midst of a TIA stroke... (very few people knew this) :)
Matty is a riot. Marie is a great supporting cast for the riot... :hyper:
If Pearson gives you the finger, it's because he loves you.. really he does..:) :)
I doubt there is sweeter music than Dan's boat at 5,000 rpm with those CMI pipes, it sounds exactly like sitting next to the wall at a NASCAR race... 500 EFI's are the cat's ass for a 22 Classic. It was great meeting Liz, she always has that perpetual smile. :yes:
Ken is a hero, you just have to firsthand observe the guy in motion, to understand this comment.. :superman:
You can see a Blackhhawk roostertail, 6 miles away... :eek!:
Amy takes the award for Most Photogenic. Chrissy for Most Child Tolerant. :boat: :pizza:
I think the Critter needs to stay there this winter... :lookaroun
I think Tom and Kim grew up in the same neighborhood Poodle and I did, this is/was a good thing.. :wink:
I'm sure I left some people out, but the memory's are there nonetheless.
Jim & Janice

sue
07-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Hello to everyone that was at the Lake George gathering;
I am unable to come up with anything that could possibly be enough to descibe how amazing this weekend was for me. I came up alone, with a messed up ankle, not knowing anyone & I did not even know how to run my own boat. I will never forget when I first pulled into Treasure Cove. Within 10 minutes, there must have been 8 people saying hello & helping me. I have never experienced anything like this weekend before. It was one the best weekends that I have had in a long time & it made me remember how nice people should be & can be as I was shown.
Anyway, a big thanks to Scott who did a great job with organizing the event, thanks to Dan who really helped me to have the courage to come up alone, a hugh thanks to Jim & Janice who had to put up with me asking a million questions & thanks to everyone else (sorry, but I do not remember all of your names) for such a great weekend.
Jim, thank you for the compliment in the prior post. It means allot to me. You have to be a good teacher to have a chance of having a good student.
Sunday was great! I was able to run my own boat going 60+ next to a bunch of other boats. What a rush! I am definitely hooked!!!!!
Hope to see you all soon. When I was leaving Treasure Cove, I booked a room for the gathering in the fall!!!!!!
Sue