PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day - To Me!

RedDog
06-18-2006, 06:11 PM
I opened my card from Donzi Deb this AM - for being such a great dad she gave me 2006 season tickets to the UT Volunteers! And not just any tickets - they are on the west side, about the 48 yard line, and 15 rows up! I'll be a regular in the Vol Navy this year :)

Video is from 2001 - I rode the ESPN crew around to do prep-filming in advance of the UT / LSU game (UT won 26 - 18)

gcarter
06-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Congratulations RD!
You sound like a very dedicated Vols fan. So is my architect/builder. During the season he doesn't plan any social activities during game time. I've never met anyone so dedicated to college football.

dr
06-19-2006, 08:39 AM
With those seats you'll be able to pat Vicky Fulmer on the knee every once in a while...

RedDog
06-19-2006, 05:38 PM
With those seats you'll be able to pat Vicky Fulmer on the knee every once in a while...

what I wonder is who else has been patting it....:eek:

florida gator
06-20-2006, 06:52 AM
How do you just walk up and get tickets? You have a long waiting list and a major donation to the program to get them here.

I'm hoping to come up for the UT - UF game this year.

RedDog
06-20-2006, 07:48 AM
How do you just walk up and get tickets? You have a long waiting list and a major donation to the program to get them here.
I'm hoping to come up for the UT - UF game this year.

You can't. A certain # of tickets get allocated to the visiting team and I assume those are sold through your school's ticket office - probably first priority is to your season ticket holders. Ticket scalpping is legal in TN so many will be for sell over the internet, through th elocal newspapaer classified, and on the street the day of te game.

We were lucky on my tiickets - they were bought through a friends that had held them for a number of years and were willing to part with them for this year only- it won't necessarily happen again.