PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run

Trueser
06-18-2006, 09:15 AM
On the way to our sea trial we had a guy run into the back of the 22. I went back to check the damage and the guy said he never hit me. I didn’t see any damage on the drive. And there was no where to pull off so as I was trying to figure out what to do, the guy takes off. As he’s pulling away I noticed an imprint of my prop in his hood. And the hood was buckled up near the windshield. Other than a chip out of the skeg it didn’t look like any real damage. We were able to catch him and get his plate number. Called the state police and he will be getting his license revoked, when he returns his rental car. Called the rental Car Company and they put a hold on his car return. His rental was thru Monday so I should find out more on Monday. They did say that they would take care of the damage.

We looked everything over and decided to run it anyway. It ran fine but after time it was having problems shifting into reverse
I’m thinking the prop shaft is bent. Anyway I have another drive meeting me out in Powell.

Still plan on leaving Monday!

I see why the big Cig’s have a frame behind the drives for protection.

MOP
06-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Damn sorry to hear that Mike, that is one of my fears. Give a good look at the lower gimble pin boss a shot like that can crack them.

Phil

RickSE
06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Holy Smokes Mike that sucks. All you guys coming to Powell are incredible. I think everyone has a story to tell. I hope your's has a good outcome. I'll have a pretty complete tool chest with me and will know for sure tomorrow but I should be there Wed. evening.