PDA

View Full Version : New Server???

farmer tx
06-18-2006, 02:21 AM
I sure hope Jamie's "SAGA OF THE RED MISTRESS" was not lost in the transition. If so a lot of very good information was lost. I sure hope it was backed up somewhere. I have saved bits and pieces of the info that I was interested in but not all of it. Makes me wonder :frown:

harbormaster
06-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Sorry Guys but there were a few days of posts lost.

Mark, What does this make you wonder about?

farmer tx
06-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Well Scot sorry to give you any grief. Boxy found it stashed back a couple of pages. We do appreciate all your hard work.

joel3078
06-18-2006, 05:34 PM
To all you guys but mostly HM.... So far I am not noticing anything better or worse with the new server less some dropped threads. Fill us chiphead types, what are the realized benefits of the new server? Okay to be technical, I'll get it. Is there something that is going to be added, turned on, etc. that isn't yet?

harbormaster
06-18-2006, 05:46 PM
The loss of 3 days was my doing and not the new server. When I moved the entire board from one server to another I had to back up the database and restore it on the old server. Since I also have a REAL job It takes a bit of time to get all the work done. I made the call to lose the 3 days of posts,

Joel, the new server is a dedicated server. The speed is greatly improved. There was also some intermitent bugs with the old server.

txtaz
06-19-2006, 07:28 AM
I notice a considerable increase in speed this morning. It may be due to the missing banners and sidebars plus being on a dedicated server.

HM, Great to see you get it done. If you need help you can always give me a call. I have good code for sidebars and may test out some banner stuff. I signed up for Googles add feeds but have yet to test it. Let me know if you need something.

Da Taz

joel3078
06-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Joel, the new server is a dedicated server. The speed is greatly improved. There was also some intermitent bugs with the old server.
Well, I do remember the site being down from time to time. I chalked that up to oil changes, tire rotation and other server maintenance items. I must be living right, my experiance with the old server was never slow however. I have kind of a hybrid connection to the internet at home however. It's a hi speed wireless system. check this out www.waverider.com Our city runs it and my ISP bill comes on my utility bill. Nice alternative to DSL and Cable. Anywho, I'm sure i'll enjoy the new goodies along with the rest of the gang.

boldts
06-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Just wondering..... Is it because of the new server that threads with pictures are not showing the pictures? At least I'm finding this. Anyone else? It shows an attachment space, but no thumbnails or pics.

boldts
06-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Thank-you Sirs! Just wanted to be sure it wasn't something I needed to do. Hangin out till I have an AOTH VI picture site.