PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from boatersworld.com

gold-n-rod
06-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Jebus effing Christmas. I just got off the phone from placing an order at boatersworld.com. I swear, it took me 45 minutes to order 5 items. The girl (who had a very heavy accent) certainly must have been on her first day on the job. After everything I said, she'd go off somewhere and be gone a couple of minutes (checking with a supervisor???). I can't believe it took so fooking long.... all for a crummy $200 order. Hell, it took her 5 minutes just to check for extra shipping charges (one of the reasons I ordered there was for the free shipping). I had to insist that she tell me EXACTLY what I had ordered to make sure she had it right.

What an ordeal. I was hesitant to give her my CC#'s for fear that she'd really eff things up and I'd have a bunch of weird charges to dispute.

I'll keep you posted as to whether I get my stuff. Sheesh.

gcarter
06-17-2006, 06:06 AM
I ordered from them once, on line (computer), and it was all done exactly right. Sometimes it's just people and the luck of the draw.

gold-n-rod
06-17-2006, 06:31 AM
I ordered from them once, on line (computer), and it was all done exactly right. Sometimes it's just people and the luck of the draw.

You got that right, George. I called back to add another item to my order and the male that helped me was also heavily accented, but he was competent enough to do so in less than 5 minutes.

I started ordering on-line, but the item I wanted wasn't in their database and I had to call the 800 number.

I'm crossing my fingers that my order is processed correctly.

:wavey: