PDA

View Full Version : Outdrive lower spacer

DonCig
06-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Does any member have a 2", 2-1/2" or 3" Bravo drive spacer (used or new) for sale or loan or rent?

Thanks

Don

Lenny
06-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Does any member have a 2", 2-1/2" or 3" Bravo drive spacer (used or new) for sale or loan or rent?
Thanks
Don

Don, the idea is to get the drive OUT of the water, not deeper :D :cistineb:

DonCig
06-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Lenny, my 1996 20' Cig was designed to have the c/l of the propshaft located under the keel in the range of 6"-8". Since the X dim. was moved up for the Blackhawk and the Imco shorty removed an additional 2", I effectively have raised the propshaft 4" and only have 4" under the keel. (Not Enough in my opinion)
As a result I can not get on plane with a 3 blade prop and the boat has a tendancy to roll over on its side during maximum acceleration.
The positive side is that I have really low slip numbers being posted.
Adding a 2" spacer will still give me a propshaft location that is in the 6" deep range which should improve the over all handling of the boat.
As always, testing will tell.

Thanks,

Don

BigGrizzly
06-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Don get the spacer from Imco. As for low slip numbers the hogher you go in the X the more slip you have. I do agree with the deeper you put the drive the better handling TO A POINT. On that Cig I would put the ventlation plate betweei level to 3/4 inch above the keel.