PDA

View Full Version : sweet 1969 Lake George 16

Kirbyvv
06-12-2006, 08:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boat-Donzi-16-Ski-Sportster-Holman-Moody_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63685QQihZ002QQit emZ4649612517QQrdZ1

olredalert
06-12-2006, 09:20 AM
--------What a time capsule!!! Reminds me very much of Pearsons 18. Check the details, like the drivers seat, guages, steering wheel, etc.. Original windshield is also a nice touch. Would have liked some engine shots, as Ill bet the engine compartment is the same as the rest. This 16 is new enough to have a very usable drivetrain as well (no Eatons, etc.). I have enough boats or I think I would be bidding on this DONZI...........Bill S

David Ochs
06-12-2006, 09:39 AM
A very nice boat, that is for sure. It is interesting for me to see how different a some of the hardware is on this boat compared to mine that is of the same year. The instrument cluster and helm seat are totally different.
I also noticed that the last picture doesn't show the stripe on the hatch. Could it be the way the light is reflecting on it?

David Ochs
06-12-2006, 09:39 AM
A very nice boat, that is for sure. It is interesting for me to see how different a some of the hardware is on this boat compared to mine that is of the same year. The instrument cluster and helm seat are totally different.
I also noticed that the last picture doesn't show the stripe on the hatch. Could it be the way the light is reflecting on it?

Just Say N20
06-12-2006, 12:33 PM
The hatch stripe shows up great in the other shot looking from the transom to the bow. Just a goofy lighting thing.

p729lws
06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Interesting hatch latches also. Was this style comon before the center latch?

I ran the bidding up to $4,500 yesterday just to get it going a bit. I'm suprised the reserve is met at $6,500. Should be a nice one for somebody.

Dan

JP BRESCIA
06-12-2006, 06:03 PM
P729LWS... You mentioned you ran the bid up... Do you have an interest in this boat? I certainly hope so....

David Ochs
06-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Looking at the pictures for this boat, notice (2) pieces of hardware. One just above the instrument cluster and the other just above the rear seat cushion. These are receivers to the support bow for the cockpit cover. Does anyone have photos of exactly what the original hardware for the bow (male end) look like?
I've been after this for years, any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

p729lws
06-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Looking at the pictures for this boat, notice (2) pieces of hardware. One just above the instrument cluster and the other just above the rear seat cushion. These are receivers to the support bow for the cockpit cover. Does anyone have photos of exactly what the original hardware for the bow (male end) look like?
I've been after this for years, any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

I'd like to see some close up shots of those fittings. My old 18C had similar fittings but were mounted port and starboard.

p729lws
06-13-2006, 12:07 AM
P729LWS... You mentioned you ran the bid up... Do you have an interest in this boat? I certainly hope so....

What's not to like? It's a nice piece! Wouldn't be the most expensive item I've bought off of Ebay by a long shot. Do you have an interest in it or know anything about it?

Dan

Jerry Eisele
06-13-2006, 06:34 AM
My 68 had the same dash.

p729lws
06-13-2006, 08:17 AM
the two fittings are different the side to side fittigs are female with the opening on the front and will accept a piece of flat wood stock like 1 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick my old rib was oak but busted I am now using pine softer and didn't need to be boiled and warp to take it's bowed shape

Yep,
Mine were like the ones in your photo. Boat US sells a fiberglass "rib" that works pretty well with those fittings.

JP BRESCIA
06-13-2006, 01:32 PM
P729lws... I am interested in this boat and from what I understand, so are quite a few others from this site. SO please don't help "run it up" if you don't have a genuine interest(which I suspect you don't).

p729lws
06-13-2006, 02:24 PM
P729lws... I am interested in this boat and from what I understand, so are quite a few others from this site. SO please don't help "run it up" if you don't have a genuine interest(which I suspect you don't).

I'd love to have it but this one is going to sell for twice the amount of my last (and final) bid. Hopefully it goes to you or another board member.
Later,
Dan

MDonziM
06-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I had a 68' 16 with all the same hardware,steering wheel, instrument cluster etc. 289 Holman Moody w/ a Volvo 200? drive. Even had the same trailer. Never seen that windshield before. Mine only had 2 engine vents, port facing foward by the base of the handrail and starboard facing aft near transom. I don't remember my exaust tips being so low but they were just above the water at idle.

David- I had the same cockpit cover brackets. The cover (I think was still orig in 1982) was made of naugahide sp?, snapped all around, was fitted over the steering wheel, zipped down the middle just off-center of an alluminum poll that fit into the 2 brackets to stop water from catching in the middle.

MDM

JP BRESCIA
07-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know What happened to this boat? Who bought it? From this site?

p729lws
07-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Looks like it sold for $9,700 on Ebay. The buyer left positive feedback for the seller on the condition of the boat. I sent the buyer an email with a link to this site when the auction closed. Maybe he'll show up :crossfing