PDA

View Full Version : Actual Length of the 16's

bgiles
06-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi there, I am thinking about getting one of the Sweet 16's, my question is respect to the actual length of these models. It seems that different years offer a variance in the length of the boat. I have seen some advertisements which indicate a length of 16'9' for example for a 1994 and the 1996 30th anniversary 16 looks a little bit longer as well.

The reason I ask is, it would break my heart not to have the boat inside my garage. I currently have a 17 foot (non Donzi) on a Shorelander trailer with a swing tongue that I can fit into the garage. Depending on the trailer, I may get away with a 18 footer but that's a huge maybe. If indeed, there are different lengths of 16's out there, I'd love to zeroe in on the model years which are closer to the 17 foot mark.

Thanks in Advance

Bruce

glashole
06-10-2006, 01:35 PM
how big is your garage?

bgiles
06-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi there, we should be out on the water, not in front of the screen, I'm in the GTA, the wind is howling today.

At any rate, my garage is 13 x 20 with an 8 Foot door, it's tight !!

Thanks

Bruce

glashole
06-10-2006, 02:56 PM
yes we should be out there
wind is nuts at this end too

I am in the Brighton/Trenton/Belleville area and do most of my boating in Weller's bay, bay of Quinte to thousand islands and around the lake

if you are in the area let me know i can show you around :smile:

anyways

i just got rid of my 16 for a 22 and it fit into my garage on a slight angle with the drive down

my garage is a double wide and is used mainly for toys so this wasn't much of a concern for me i will check the size of it today however i believe it is only 18-19 ft deep

the only thing that made my boat stick out when straight was the end of the tongue.
if that is the case just get a trailer again with the swivel tongue

as far as the length of a 16 I'm almost positive that the size hasn't changed since the original

regards

Shea

BigGrizzly
06-10-2006, 11:02 PM
All 16's are the sane length they chose to measure them at different spots. you need to be concerenf about overall length, tip of the bow to end of the outdrive. Our 16 was measured at centerline of the Boot top.

sctiberio
06-12-2006, 08:13 PM
i had donzi send me the trailering spec's for the earliest model donzi they had, (1994 i believe). it had on it the overall length of the boat as 16'-7", (not including the outdrive), with the center of gravity at 4'-6" from the end.

Formula Jr
06-12-2006, 09:10 PM
that is a great thing to actually know where Donzi puts the center of gravity as measured from the transom. Lenny might want to know this for the 18 bench to make the CG near the same place. The 18, I suppose they would give a range depending on the motor installed.