PDA

View Full Version : cup holders for a 22 classic?

Sofa King
06-04-2006, 08:46 PM
any suggestions? I dont wanna drill into glass an have cup holders for 4.

Thanks
Arip

Tony
06-04-2006, 10:31 PM
http://www.zymetrical.com/images/products/beerhelmet.jpg

Ed Donnelly
06-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Do a search on cup holders 2 types were mentioned..............Ed

Pismo
06-08-2006, 01:17 PM
How funny, the holders on that ridiculous hat are the exact ones I used. Remove them from the hat and then I mounted them just above the floor just behind the front speakers ahead of the lip coming down from the dash. One per side, totally out of sight and out of the way, no spill ever, only one small screw needed to mount.......Perfect up front. Find white ones. Not good in the back tho.

Carl C
06-08-2006, 02:00 PM
With me driving, no drink is gonna stay put in a cup holder. The beverages are gonna end up all over the cockpit. Sooooooooooo...................All drinks must be finished or poured out before we begin running. While lounging, the coozies keep them upright.:beer:

joel3078
06-08-2006, 02:07 PM
You guys are confusing me. If your drink is not empty, why would you put it down? Empty drinks don't spill by the way. :beer: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

glashole
06-08-2006, 02:14 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44608&highlight=cup+holders

DonziDave
06-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I never cared much for the designs of cup holders for boats, plus I didn't want screw or glue them to the cockpit. Several years ago I found these beanbag coozies at Overton's. They work great...stay put...never had one turn over. They even have a pocket for your cellphone, sunglasses, etc. You just set them on the floor between your legs for quick access....!!! :cool!:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=72307&fcat=2Q3

LKSD
06-09-2006, 07:23 AM
I use ones with suction cups. No drilling, no mods & its easily removable! :) jamie

Donzigo
06-09-2006, 07:50 AM
I used to have trouble with people spilling drinks, beers, sticky soda, etc etc on the boat. So, I removed the drink holders and told them to either hold the drink or wait until we stop. It works so much better.

Anyway, a coupld of morons over the years tried to drink something while underway and it gave me a scare everytime. If they break a tooth, you gotta know that the fun is over, when someone gets hurt. And the only person out there to sue is ME!

lakesnake
06-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I currently use the suction cup drink holders....they work ok. My buddy had a pretty good idea....he talked about having a custom console build that lies between the two front seats....you could have two holders in the front, a storage compartment, and two holders in the back.....it would be covered in material that matches your interior and of course removable...anyone heard of such a thing yet????? I am looking into designing and building one and having covered in white w/teal trim. Any ideas?????

LKSD
06-09-2006, 10:48 AM
I currently use the suction cup drink holders....they work ok. My buddy had a pretty good idea....he talked about having a custom console build that lies between the two front seats....you could have two holders in the front, a storage compartment, and two holders in the back.....it would be covered in material that matches your interior and of course removable...anyone heard of such a thing yet????? I am looking into designing and building one and having covered in white w/teal trim. Any ideas?????

I dont have any other Ideas other than whats been mentioned already.. The console is a rather neat idea though :) Jamie

EricG
06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Not sure if this would work in a 22...but this is the setup I have in my 18, works great. I should note that this works great for the starbucks and other hot drinks neccessary to boat here in June and July. If not the console...then I vote for the suction cup coozies :biggrin:

EG

yeller
06-10-2006, 01:38 AM
My buddy had a pretty good idea....he talked about having a custom console build that lies between the two front seats.......anyone heard of such a thing yet????? I am looking into designing and building one and having covered in white w/teal trim. Any ideas?????I don't know where you would put the cup holders, but how's this for a console...