PDA

View Full Version : Dodge truck ???

MOP
06-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Just pulled the calipers and disc's off my Dakota, I found that I have a noisey bearing. Looks like a one piece assy with just the one big nut securing it. Has anyone swapped a set to give me a pointer or two.

Phil

Ed Donnelly
06-04-2006, 10:49 PM
A pointer, drive very slowly to your nearest FORD dealer and trade her in
(sorry Phil, the devil made me do this:idea: )...Ed

mrfixxall
06-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Just pulled the calipers and disc's off my Dakota, I found that I have a noisey bearing. Looks like a one piece assy with just the one big nut securing it. Has anyone swapped a set to give me a pointer or two.
Phil

mop,their a piece of cake to swap out...they come as a assembly just loosen the big nut and three bolts behind the spindle if its a 4x4 usually 13 or 15 mm some are 12 pt some are 6 pt.most of the time they slide rite off...If it dont slide off then you may need a slide hammer to get it off similar th a gimbell bearing removing tool. if its a 4x4 i usually slide the axle with the ujoints and all out be careful of the inner seal in the axle tube cause you can nick it so slide it out with caution.you willl also need to know if it has abs.the wire goes into the inner fenderwall and has a weather proof connector that lust unplugs...when your reinstalling the hub assembly greece or antiseize the splines if its 4x4 or the spindle..then torque the big nut to 180ft..if its a 4x4 you may as well change the axle ujoints whyle your in their..they usually go bad between 80-100,000 miles..
good luck

mike