PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Mercruiser 350MAG MPI Gen+ For Sale

DonCig
06-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Time for the old engine to go, the new one is done and I need my garage back.
Here are the deatails.
The engine goes on ebay next Sunday if it does not sell this week on the registry or one of the other boat forums.

1997 Mercruiser 350MAG MPI Gen+
Serial # OK190006
Oil changed twice per year.
No engine repairs have ever been performed on this engine.
No engine modifications have ever been performed on this engine.
It is box stock.
160 hours per Merc. diagnostics.
Engine was pulled by my Merc. mechanic "Cable" at Great Lakes Marine in Highlands Ranch and he can offer his review on the condition to the successful buyer, and all diagnostics were checked by him before removal with no issues. Compression was checked in all cylinders and was perfect.
Engine is being sold "as is" as it relates to all parts and accessories. Please see photos for your description.
You can run this engine as a Fuel Injected, or you can pull the intake manifold and run it as a carb. engine.
I am giving an engine warranty good for 50% of the purchase price for a guarantee of 12 months of service life after the sale, provided that the engine is installed by a competant mechanic familiar with Merc. fuel injected engines.

Price- $2,750, fob commercial shipping terminal of your choice in Denver Colorado. Engine will be shipped on a engine pallet. You are responsible for the freight cost from the terminal to your facility.
Terms - payment before shipment.

Thanks,

DonCig

Lenny
06-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Hmmm, a set of pulleys up front, Stainless Marine exhaust, and a Pro-Charger and,.. well,... I think I would be set :)

MOP
06-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Damn good deal, and a warranty that is a WOW Don!

slownsx
06-04-2006, 07:06 PM
how easy is it to replace a carbed motor with an efi? Would i need computer, harness wiring etc. is it even worth it? That would be nice in my 94 with motor problems.

DonCig
06-05-2006, 05:03 PM
The only thing that I can think of is that the engine uses the newer 10 pin Merc. wiring plug in order for the alarms to work (I think), the older Merc. pigtail plugs were 9 pin. The original wring harness on this engine is intact and in good shape.

Here is what you will need to mount on this engine.
Seawater pump, alternator, power steering pump, brackets, pulleys, serp. belt, flywheel, starter, coupler, coupler housing, hoses, motor mounts, fuel filter, etc.

DonCig
06-07-2006, 07:30 AM
$2,200,

DonCig
07-15-2006, 07:35 AM
$1,995.00

DonCig
07-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Sold to Wayne, thanks!