PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Marine All Donzi Poker Run!.UPDATE

fasttrucker
06-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I know they have this poker run set the same weekend as Lake winnie but I thought that a few Donzi Net members would like to know about this run.They are having a crab race Friday night at the drivers meeting(open bar)
The stops this year are Bettertons,Wharton marina,Jellyfish Joels,Nauti-Goose and Jackson,s gas dock.Entry fee is $100. per boat.Phone 410-287-9400.ask for Stephanie DelGrippo.They have a 35ZR in the show room I think its the first place prize!:checkered ...just ask when you call.:jestera:

LKSD
06-04-2006, 09:59 AM
See ya there Bill... :) We had a blast last year.. J :):beer:

AC18Classic
06-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Are there any 18 Classics that attend? I would like to attend this year with my 18 but will I take a beaten out there?

LKSD
06-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Are there any 18 Classics that attend? I would like to attend this year with my 18 but will I take a beaten out there?

There were 2 18's last year. It is fine as long as the weather is not nasty.. I will be there this year in my new 22c. I ran it last year with my 18 that I sold. I hit apx 70mph at the end of the run up by the susquehanna river, however the rougher larger parts of the run I averaged between 30 & 45 mph. It was still a blast & a lot of friendly people are there. I was one of only 2 18's that ran it last year with no problems or worries. You just have to repect the conditions & your boat. Probably the Ideal size for running if you want to go balls out is 28 or larger if its choppy. I know what my ride is capable of but dont feel the need to be a show off, so I run the speeds I feel are safe for the conditions. Sometime fast & somtimes slower. Feel free to hang with us. For my wife & I it's about the fun in getting there & enjoying the day, not about a competition of speed or dare.. You can run what ever speed you want to there without feeing pressured either way. :) I hope this helps :) :)... Jamie / Lakeside

AC18Classic
06-19-2006, 03:48 PM
There were 2 18's last year. It is fine as long as the weather is not nasty.. I will be there this year in my new 22c. I ran it last year with my 18 that I sold. I hit apx 70mph at the end of the run up by the susquehanna river, however the rougher larger parts of the run I averaged between 30 & 45 mph. It was still a blast & a lot of friendly people are there. I was one of only 2 18's that ran it last year with no problems or worries. You just have to repect the conditions & your boat. Probably the Ideal size for running if you want to go balls out is 28 or larger if its choppy. I know what my ride is capable of but dont feel the need to be a show off, so I run the speeds I feel are safe for the conditions. Sometime fast & somtimes slower. Feel free to hang with us. For my wife & I it's about the fun in getting there & enjoying the day, not about a competition of speed or dare.. You can run what ever speed you want to there without feeing pressured either way. :) I hope this helps :) :)... Jamie / Lakeside

Jamie,

I feel the same "it's all about the fun on the water" it will be great running with you guys. Let's just hope the weather is nice that day. I keep my donzi on the Elk river at Triton marine. If you are ever plan on being up in the Northern part of the bay, send me an email and we can meet.
My Email: cotellesea@yahoo.com.

Anthony

gnupy420
06-19-2006, 06:32 PM
I will like to come down to north east for the run with my 18 classic. I happen to have family in north east so if its to rough I dont have to run. who do I send the payment to?

undertaker
06-19-2006, 06:44 PM
www.jacksonmarinesales.com go to poker run link click on it all the info is there.. have fun:) :)

Undertaker:cool!:

fasttrucker
06-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Ive seen the bay get really ugly only a few times:eek: most of the time its fine.A couple of years ago a sweet sixteen did the run(he lost one of his shoes and ran down to west marine to buy a new pair):yes:

LKSD
06-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Ive seen the bay get really ugly only a few times:eek: most of the time its fine.A couple of years ago a sweet sixteen did the run(he lost one of his shoes and ran down to west marine to buy a new pair):yes:

Fasttrucker..

We met that guy. He is crazy in that boat. He was at the run last year. We heard about the shoe also.:propeller Kristin

Dr. Dan
06-20-2006, 06:06 PM
:cool!: Ahh the sweet uttering of ignorance....and the pervasive authoritity that seems to follow it!

That Guys name is "Bill Nagy" he was at Lake George last year as well as Jacksons Run the last few years... he lives in Delaware and is definitely fearless on any run. His boat is flawless and meticulously maintained. Not sure if he will join you all in the Jack Run or not... his priorities might have changed this Summer :smash:

Something about a Shovel head... and lots of $$$$ .

By the way he runs a Ford Small Block that would make Jamie proud...and a regular Cobra that rocks....

His 16 will embarrass most larger boats...in the calmer water... including me!

Bill's a good guy & a friend!

Doc of Bench Racing ... Not! :cool:

LKSD
06-20-2006, 06:10 PM
:cool!: Ahh the sweet uttering of ignorance....and the pervasive authoritity that seems to follow it!
That Guys name is "Bill Nagy" he was at Lake George last year as well as Jacksons Run the last few years... he lives in Delaware and is definitely fearless on any run. His boat is flawless and meticulously maintained. Not sure if he will join you all in the Jack Run or not... his priorities might have changed this Summer :smash:
By the way he runs a Ford Small Block that would make Jamie proud...and a regular Cobra that rocks....

That guy was off the hook! I guess he has the Harley bug now.. Boats or bikes, they both take time & money.. :D J

LKSD
06-20-2006, 07:14 PM

Thanks Dr. Dan. His name eluded me. I just remember meeting him at Jackson's and he was friendly & had a cool boat. If I remember correctly he had a neat scoop on the back with lighnting bolts BUT I may be wrong. Just like I remember your boat because it is unique with the color and the engine you have in it. It stands out because it is different ( in a good way) I am not sure what you mean by this "Ahh the sweet uttering of ignorance....and the pervasive authoritity that seems to follow it!" If it is in reference to me I dont know why. I was only trying help illustrate how the guy runs his boat & that we knew of him.. I was just trying to give him credit that he can definatley run with the best of them from what we observed. He really has great driving skills and no fear. Kristin ;)

AC18Classic
06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I will like to come down to north east for the run with my 18 classic. I happen to have family in north east so if its to rough I dont have to run. who do I send the payment to?

That's what I like to see - more 18's. I won't be the only little guy.

LKSD
06-20-2006, 10:21 PM
That's what I like to see - more 18's. I won't be the only little guy.

Hope you attend. It will be fun. Coming from a woman it may be a joke. But I love speed. I am not technical at all Since my background is law. I wish I could be driving our Donzi if I did not have eye issues. The glare of the water kills me :( . Also I think I would scare my hubby. Before I had issues with eyes I would drive his other boats and scared him. I was always safe but just went crazy driving in any conditons. I really do know how handle a boat (well maybe not as good as J, but I can drive it!)..... Now I just got use to being chauffeured. I have no fear when I drive anything. When I learn to drive anything it is balls to the wall. I speed like there is no tomorrow in cars. I come from a family of speed and drag racing. Nothing scares me!!! I love speed. I grew up around speed and boats all my life. Of course I am not your typical woman. Oops....Maybe a little lie.... the older I get the more I don't want to get hurt now. I am a little more cautious. Looking back on the things I did I am not as invincible as I thought I was. Donzi Kristin:eek!:

Dr. Dan
06-21-2006, 07:53 AM
:cool!: Kristin...Relax...maybe less caffiene? I didn't mean to insult anyone...just being my usual ... long winded self... full of tongue in cheek commentary.

Nothing was meant directly at anyone... now stop hi jacking the thread...Kidding... I'm Kidding! :bonk:

Hope you guys see some Boat time in your new Toy sooner than late July?

Doc :shades:

TBroccoli
06-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I'll be there again this year. My co-pilot may change (my brother moved to Ohio).

JP BRESCIA
06-23-2006, 08:42 AM
AC18... you won't be the only 18. I will be running my 18 again this year. I've completed the Jackson run twice in two different 18's and in once in a 22'. Ironically, when I brought the 22 the weather sucked and those that pushed it, got a little beat up. And both times in the 18, the weather was awesome and we ran very hard. I usually run along with Bill Nagy(the crazy 16 they talk about) and we stick together because we usually need gas around the same time:boat: . So hang with us and we'll make it through....If he shows that is..:confused:
I have also run the Lake winni and Lake George runs. Both are a good time and you get to see some very nice classics. The Jackson Run showcases the diversity(ZX'S, DAYTONA's, ZF's, DECKS, cuddy's, you name it...) of Donzi as opposed to mostly classics.
I can't wait! I have a crew of 3 this year so there will be 4 of us bouncing around in my 18:yes:

LKSD
06-23-2006, 08:45 AM
I like the diversity too! Variety is the spice of life :) Hopefully it will be good weather like last year.. Jamie :)

AC18Classic
06-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Hope you attend. It will be fun. Coming from a woman it may be a joke. But I love speed. I am not technical at all Since my background is law. I wish I could be driving our Donzi if I did not have eye issues. The glare of the water kills me :( . Also I think I would scare my hubby. Before I had issues with eyes I would drive his other boats and scared him. I was always safe but just went crazy driving in any conditons. I really do know how handle a boat (well maybe not as good as J, but I can drive it!)..... Now I just got use to being chauffeured. I have no fear when I drive anything. When I learn to drive anything it is balls to the wall. I speed like there is no tomorrow in cars. I come from a family of speed and drag racing. Nothing scares me!!! I love speed. I grew up around speed and boats all my life. Of course I am not your typical woman. Oops....Maybe a little lie.... the older I get the more I don't want to get hurt now. I am a little more cautious. Looking back on the things I did I am not as invincible as I thought I was. Donzi Kristin:eek!:

We also love speed. We had several Cigarette's and the bigger the wake meant more air time but after my wife and I were involved in a car accident and both have back problems we like the water to be flat. The older we get also makes us slow down, that's why now it's all about have fun on the water.
See you guys at the run.
Anthony & Debbie

LKSD
06-23-2006, 06:45 PM
We also love speed. We had several Cigarette's and the bigger the wake meant more air time but after my wife and I were involved in a car accident and both have back problems we like the water to be flat. The older we get also makes us slow down, that's why now it's all about have fun on the water.
See you guys at the run.
Anthony & Debbie

We prefer it to be calm as well. We can definately relate to what your saying. Actually my husband has a back problem. He was in a head on collision a some years back. Some stoned girl hit him coming home from a nite of partying when Jay was on his way to work. Jay never should never have signed off on the insurance. Looking back he should have listened to my advice. Of course the wife is always right:) Live and learn I guess or young and stupid is my choice for the decisions that were made. The older he gets the more his back gives him grief. Especially being on his feet all day. I am sure it will only get worse as as he gets older. Since his accident he does not water ski anymore...He still snow skis but no where near the level he use to. Now me on the other hand .... I create my own back problems.. I usually lift things too heavy. Usually by lifting weights at the gym that are too heavy or moving furniture around the house instead of waiting for help. However whenever one of us is having problems the pain and aggrevation is always the same for both of us......and not being able to do the things we want. Kristin:)

See you there.

Bug
06-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I'll be there with my 18

fasttrucker
06-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Bill Nagy trailered his boat down to last years"home town"Donzi party in sarasota.I flew in and at the event Bill Nagy got 2ND place for best of show.1ST went to a new 38zr.Damn those rich people,they always win. Trucker of Ignorance and pervasive Autoritity.:yes:

JP BRESCIA
06-29-2006, 08:55 PM
I am coming to the Jackson's Run with some buddies and we are looking to avoid cars all weekend. We are looking to be on the water as much as possible... From Nauti Goose to Jacksons back to Nauti-Goose..etc..Night cruises and all.... However, I am having a hard time finding lodging with a dock or even a place within walking distance of the Nauti goose(they will rent me dockspace for trhe weekend.) I know there is a B&B next to Jacksons but they are booked. They are probably better off that we don't stay there since we can get a little loud with a buzzzzz...
Does anyone know of a place on the bay or near the bay with dockspace??? Any hotels within walking distance of teh Nauti Goose??
Any help is appreciated..
If not, I guess we'll be harrasing a few cab drivers....:wink:

Pegasus
07-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Hey gang! Anyone who hasn't made their hotel res better do so real soon as the reserved block of rooms are up. Looking forward to better weather than we been having lately. Hope to see you all there! Don't forget we will be running the crusty critters again this year in Nascrab! So bring your gambling money! All proceeds from Nascrab go to the Boys and Girls club. See ya there!:wink:

JP BRESCIA
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Can't Wait.... It Looks Like We Will Be Staying At The Crystal And Mooring At The Nautigoose For The Weekend. Should Be Interesting. I Have The A Team With Me This Trip.

JP BRESCIA
07-27-2006, 08:11 PM
WHO FROM THIS SITE IS GOING? OBVIOUSLY QUITE A FEW NORMAL ATTENDEES ARE HEADING UP NORTH. BUT LETS GET A HELL YEAH FROM THOSE WHO PREFER THE LOCATION AND VALUE OF JACKSONS. OH YEAH.. LETS NOT FORGET THE PRIZES:eek!: PERSONALLY. I LOVE THE FOOD/BEV AND BAND AT THE DRIVERS MEETING AND THE SPREAD AFTER THE RUN. WITHOUT QUESTION, THE BEST VALUE FOR A GOOD TIME. THANKS STEPH...

LKSD
07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Hell yeah!! :) see ya there JP..

We are leaving now.. :) Jamie & Kristin / Lakeside :)

LKSD
08-01-2006, 10:58 AM
As expected We Had fun with all of you guys again this year.. :) See ya all there again next year. :)
Jamie & Kristin / Lakeside

Pegasus
08-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone who came to the run. It was wonderful seeing you all again. I think this was the best one ever. Can anyone place Captain Donzi?

TBroccoli
08-02-2006, 11:22 AM
We had a great time. Best weather yet. Steph did a great job. Can't wait to see the pics from the helicopter.

JP BRESCIA
08-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Pirates?? I didn't see any pirates:wink:
Thanks again Steph!!! My whole crew had a freakin blast! The little red 18 came through like a champ. 4 tanks of fuel and 12 hours on the meter. We moored at the Nauti Goose for the entire weekend and it was way cool. sunset and midnight cruises were a given... Unfortunately, after the run on Sat, we went down the Bay a bit for a swim and one of my crew cut his foot pretty bad. :bonk: We took him to the Hosp in Elkton for some stiches and a tet shot and by the time we got back to Jacksons for some leftover after-party everyone was gone... Oh well...
On Sunday, we ended up back at Jelly Fish Joels and did almost the whole run over again. :boat: What great weather! I ordered the BOATPIX already and can't wait to see them. Nothing beats helicopter pix!

Reminder for next year... bring more booty to barter with the pirates.
I always did dream about being a rum runner:cool: