PDA

View Full Version : Spring Dust Off Info

gnupy420
06-02-2006, 08:04 PM
This will be my first year coming up to lake george and would like to participate in the donzi poker run on saturday 17th. What will I need to do as far as registering for the poker run, can I get the lake permit online, boat ramp permits? I will be staying on canada st is that close to where the poker run will be?

Scott Pearson
06-03-2006, 05:38 AM
You can give me a call. (732) 904-3377. What type of boat are you bringing?

gnupy420
06-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Over the winter i put together my first donzi almost completlty restored powered it with the 383 bravo mpi from merc. i will contact you later by phone in the afternoon i really apreciate it. im looking foward to joining the lake george donzi crew. will i need more fuel capacity? The only place i could find available was the econo lodge right in lake george located on canada st i hope this is close the where the poker run is.

Dr. Dan
06-03-2006, 06:57 AM
:smash: From the Village of Lake George...which is at the South End of the Lake (lake is oriented North to South) more or less. The Sagamore Hotel is my personal landmark I use to locate the Dust Off head quarters....head North from the village.... stay to the left of the Islands as you get a mile or so north of the village...as you start to see the Sagamore ...it's an awesome White turn of the Century Resort for the not so light in the Wallet Dept.

Turn left at the Sagamore.... from the Sagamore...if you were looking South from the Docks... off to your 2:00 O'Clock position/direction... there are some "No Wake Bouys"... between an Island and a Point of Land... head that way... and bang a right...you will enter a small Cove...you will see Chics Marina to the Right...and dead ahead is the Algonqlin Rest/Bar...look for all of the Donzis...people show up as early as Thursday afternoon...

Most people stay at the Treasure Cove... a few snobs like me stay at Capri Village...right next store.... I own a Teal and White 22 Classic... I will be at Capri by 2:00pm on Thursday... I launch at Chics...myself... I would recomend ya fill up before ya Splash...but thats just me.

At Chics you can get a weekend Lake Pass...plan about $20 or so...maybe less...I buy a launch pass from them also. Tony is the owner of Chics...if ya launch at Chics they have a Trailer Lot above the main road you can store your Trailer if there is no room at your Motel. I have used this before its safe and regularly patrolled. Bring a Trailer Lock anyway...

Fuel is available in alot of places on the Lake, Chics, Across the Docks from Treasure Cove, and a few spots way North on the run as well...alot of the smaller fuel capacity boats fill up on the run...so stay with that group and you'll be fine... we all seem to stay pretty close together anyway...so you'll be fine.

My phone does not work well in the LG area... but you can leave a message at 717-512-3656... I will call ya back.

Good Luck

Doc :cool:

Kirbyvv
06-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Gnupy,
This will be my first time at the Dust off also. Canada St is in Lake George Village, by car you'll be about 10-15 min. from the Algonquin where all the events take place. Chic's is right next door to the Algonquin, so a convenient place to launch. I have a camp on the lake, but it is at the very northern end, and I live about 10 minutes south of Lake George Village, so will probably launch at Chics for the concenience. If it doesn't stop raining I may be putting the motor and stern drive in the night before the dust off. Anyone want to help????

slapshot11
06-03-2006, 10:50 AM
If anyone is still looking for a room at Treasure Cove, Donzi Di had an extra room posted on the Dust Off sticky.

Kirbyvv
06-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the offer Matty, got the motor in, stern drive on (not the 280T unfortunately), and even got her wet. Took longer to find a wiring gremlin than to do everything else. Still got a few wiring issues...auto feature on the bilge for one, but headed in the right direction now. Looking forward to meeting everyone face to face at the Dust Off.