PDA

View Full Version : So, what do you do for a living?

Donzigo
06-02-2006, 01:09 AM
We did a pretty neat thing a few years ago (someone could probably even go and dig the thread up) and it might be fun to try it again, since there are so many new people on the board.

We listed what each of us do for a living and what other "boy toys" we like to fool around with. What we found, was that while we all share the common interest in Donzis, we had a vast diversity in what we do for a living and it was actually amazing to see all the interesting jobs we do.

Oh, and most of us had more than one boat and a number of other "boy-toys" as well. NOTE: Cuda will have the longest list of "boy-toys"..........hands down.

I'll start it, and if anybody's game, it might be fun to see where it leads. I thought it was a cool post.

Donzigo
06-02-2006, 01:11 AM
I've travelled Central Florida, for 37 years, as a manufacturer's sales representative.

Boy toys:
1989 Z-33
1995 16 foot SCOUT
2002 Yukon
(Just sold my 89 Vette)

Ed Donnelly
06-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Boiler and process mech
Toys, Criterion SS,72 Pantera,2000 Harley

Hobbies, old watchs,old lighters,marriages............Ed

goatee
06-02-2006, 01:35 AM
hey ed, i believe i have the first movado.
i'll post a photo of it tomorrow.

cant even get parts for it:embarasse

Magicallbill
06-02-2006, 03:16 AM
I think I posted a reply to the original thread,but it's a neat idea, so, here goes again..
I am a full-time musician,played with Duke Tumatoe&the Power Trio(Blues)
Henry Lee Summer(Recording Artist in the 80's)
Currently in The Flying Toasters,a very cool act that my son Jason and I perform in together..
Toys??
18 Classic Scorpion 377 Edition.
68'Ski Sporter (almost finished)purchased from Jerry Eisele.

Team Jefe
06-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Hobbies, old watchs,old lighters,marriages............Ed

Eddie - I dabbled in the Marriages..yes plural.... hobby as well....and I thought Boating was EXPENSIVE:yes:

As for me, mostly I manage projects for the Oil Patch, generally these are subsea production equipment...the stuff under the rig that nobody sees, but I have built topsides equipement and spent...enough...time on Drilling Rigs and installation vessels...as seen on the Discovery Channel.

Right now I am working for Det Norske Veritas (DNV) developing their services for the Subsea Market in the GoM. MAinly this is integrity management and Risk & Reliability Assessment and related processes.....CLEAR AS MUD.

Ok Short version: I'm one of those Money grubbing Assholes who is responsible for gas being $3.50 a gallon...not really, but I do work for them:lookaroun

As for Toys:

1. My Number One Toy - Donzi Angel:biggrin:
2. Jefe's Revenge
3. The rarest of all Donzi's - 22 Classic Outboard
4. 2006 28 ZX.....RC:tongue:
5. 2002 F350 Crew Cab 4X4, Rancho lift, 33" tires, Ranch hand bullnose on the front which screams "Move moron, Jefe is comin' through"
6. and finally the "Big Pimpin" Hyundai Elantra. See if I was such a grubber I wouldn't have to resort to a high mileage work car like everyone else.

No Scooters right now, but I am looking...maybe the Suzuki Boulevard M109...but that is for later

Cuda
06-02-2006, 07:56 AM
No Scooters right now, but I am looking...maybe the Suzuki Boulevard M109...but that is for later
I'm thinking of one of those myself!

Cuda
06-02-2006, 07:58 AM
I own a ceramic tile installation business. We do mostly McDonald's.

Cuda
06-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Hobbies, marriages............Ed
Now, that's an expensive hobby! Sure takes the sting out of buying marine parts.:eek:

onesubdrvr
06-02-2006, 08:12 AM
I am a mechanic - primarily air compressors, but also nitrogen generators, variable frequency drives, variable speed drives, stationary back-up power generators.

Hobbies - Fixing things, any kind of thing,....I had my go at R/C airplanes, cars, and boats, did some furniture making. Now, my only hobbies are the SEADOG website, and boats - they are all I really have time for, and even that time is limited. Boats are kind of a passion of mine, I'll drive down the road, and see some POS sitting off the side of the road, and like it!? Any type of boat, any construction, any builder, any year, center console, sport fish, sport boat, pontoon, etc. - doesn't matter to me. Don't know much about who made them / etc. but LOVE looking at them. Also, I like crotch rockets - not much of a cruiser kind of guy.

Boy-Toys - My X-18 - that's pretty much it, other than the standard tool / lawn equipment / etc. Not much time for toys. Will be looking for a rocket some time in the next couple of years.

Fun thread!!
Wayne

Team Jefe
06-02-2006, 08:17 AM
a little more highjacking of Richard's thread

The M109R is the version I am drooling over, (aka VZR 1800) I saw one at dinner one night a instantly fell in love.

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled thread. :beer:

oilman
06-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Self employed, retail level heating oil, diesel fuel, gasoline, kerosene and propane dealer (just a little middle man) oh yeah, this past year started to market Bio Heating oil and Biodiesel w/ some success.
Toys:
1988 Z 25
2004 John Deere 4115 w/ bucket and 4' brush hog
1999 Ski-doo formula 500 SL
1999 Ski-doo formula 380 DLX
Year? Yamaha Big Bear ATV
2004 Chevy 1500 Z71 w/ fisher plow
Hobbies; family, Whitetail Hunting, Alpine Skiing (a lot of back breaking snow plowing w/ 2 boys in tot, 5 & 3-1/2, they're fearless), Not so much snowmobiling anymore(for sale if your interested).
p.s. Ed, I bought a "lot" of old lighters at an auction after a few too many cocktails a couple years ago. I'll see if I can locate em. If so there all yours.

txtaz
06-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Astronaut...According to Don's dad Jerry. :propeller

Soon to be IT manager for USAA (yup a real job).

Toys:
1. OMG, I'm out of toys...Holy c$^%&, Marty where's my new 22???

OK seriously folks....
- A couple of bikes
- 1 wife (Jefe I learned from others and waited past those first few divorced and just married the last one)
- A few computers, including some collectors items which won't run XP
- Rare stuff - collector (ohhh Ed, I have a 1967 Bullova Accutron...perfect condition, we won't count Rolex since they can't keep time worth crap)
- 1968 Firebird fully restored - 1 owner
- Working on a new 22c
- 2 cats...her idea, but I'm happy when she's happy
- A collector of phones, I swear I have more phones than anyone.
- One of the last American made full Carver A/V systems

I'm sure there's more around here somewhere.

Da Taz

RedDog
06-02-2006, 08:27 AM
I'm a consultant, so by definition I'm an expert at whatever I do. Also known as a road 'ho.

The last 2 or 3 years my client has been the US Department of Transportation - Office of Pipeline Safety. I've been supporting their Risk Management / Integrity Management safety programs for natural gas amd petroleum transmission pipelines. Like JEFE, I'm the guy that is responsible for your $3.50 / gallon gas.

Prior to the pipelines, I worked in different nuclear related fields - power production, materials production (i.e., enrichment and weapons), and environmental remediation.

Other toys - none - well I do have a bicycle. Can't afford them with 2 teenage boys. I use to ride motorcycles a lot and almost pulled the trigger on a Harley recently. I decided to hold off until I see if my current consulting gig gets extended next year.

joel3078
06-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Work - used to do field service as an installer and technician, then office management for 10 years, then I got smarter and went to managing projects rather than people. This board is a perfect example of how much fun and work managing people is. Company I'm at is www.accraply.com

Hobbies - anything that moves fast and travel. Love to fly or drive around and see what's over the next hill or around the next curve. The more ya travel OFF the freeway, the more neat things you will find. Oh ya, I spend too much time with computers - www.joelek.com

Women - someone told me a great joke (listed below) so I quit getting married - 2 was plenty! Me and my better 1/2 just life together now.
Q: how is a marriage and a hurricane simular?
A: lots of blowing and noise in the beginning, but in the end you loose your house! :eek!:

Toys - Donzi Black Widow, Harley Ultra - parade dress ex Shriner chromed out bike, Kawasaki 440LTD (starter bike for honey), Starcraft fish/ski boat for the cabin, and a Grumman hybrid canoe/boat. Sold all the snowmobiles as it doesn't snow worth a dang in Twin Cities, MN anymore. Welcom to global warming. I think most of you have seen our Black Widow. File attached is the Harley with Marion and I takin a break.
Widow video is here: http://www.joelek.com/images/donzi_demo_small_file_size.wmv
Big file so grab a beer and let it load.

Cuda
06-02-2006, 09:21 AM
I forgot the toy list

1986 Formula 302 SR1
1982 Donzi 22 Classic
1981 Formula 20 Sc
1988 Biddison 1800 CC
1987 Donzi Minx
1970 Checkmate Mx14
14 foot aluminum v hull
12 foot john boat
2005 Harley V Rod
2005 Suziki Boulevard
2 2004 Bombardier Outlanders

Ed Donnelly
06-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Cuda; You are such a toy tramp.........Ed

P.S. Remember what my dear mother always say

When the man with the most toys dies,,,,,he is still dead..

florida gator
06-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Bank VP / Commercial Lending today, who knows tommorow. We just began a merger.

Currently have 2 other projects in the works, one would involve allot of boating and tax deductions for doing what I love. More of that to come at a later date.

Toys
Donzi GT210
Polaris Scrambler 500
Ford F150 4X4
Set of Crappy golf clubs in a very nice Crown Royal golf bag.
1/2 Gallon of Crown
1/2 gallon of Capt
1/2 gallon JD
1/2 gallon Beam
Asstd .75's and litres

florida gator
06-02-2006, 09:54 AM
I forgot the toy list
1986 Formula 302 SR1
1982 Donzi 22 Classic
1981 Formula 20 Sc
1988 Biddison 1800 CC
1987 Donzi Minx
1970 Checkmate Mx14
14 foot aluminum v hull
12 foot john boat
2005 Harley V Rod
2005 Suziki Boulevard
2 2004 Bombardier Outlanders

You still have the 302? Thought you were selling.

fegettes
06-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I contract Engineering services out to Nuclear Power, they pay the best. Currently at Turkey Point, Homestead, FL. Home is Dickinson, TX.

Toys:
1995 22' Donzi Blackhawk
Polaris SLTX PWC
Seado PWC
2002 Harley Heritage
1995 Custom V-twin, w 96" Stroker
1970 Red Corvette Conertible(my favorite)
2004 Mustang Convertible

show-n-go h2o
06-02-2006, 11:23 AM
I own two company's: one that imports cars and parts from japan and the other to build import race cars www.zerolift.com. then im also the used car manager at superior hyundai.
toy's:
my girlfriend holley
03 28zx
05 honda 400ex
98 kx 250
05 cbr 1000rr
88 samurai for the mud
93 tracker for the mud
97 tahoe
98 nissan 240sx (drift race car)
00 honda civic si
01 nissan frontier 4x4
and 5 or six other random import cars sitting around
turbo honda aqua trax coming soon.....

gold-n-rod
06-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm on the faculty at Michigan State University. I have a mostly administrative job away from main campus.

In addition to my water toys listed in my sig, I have a sweet '95 Trans Am convertible; white on white with red interior. LT1 w/6 speed. It's a garage queen w/60K original miles.

Oh, and I have an original Schwinn StingRay Orange Krate bike, just like I lusted over back in 1969. It's a shame I look so silly riding it today!! :rlol:

EricG
06-02-2006, 02:42 PM
This thread has come up every year for several years....and pathetically, I'm still doing the exact same thing, for the exact same company...

IT Manager / Advanced Services Coordinator for a midsized Cable TV company. I work in the corporate office in Downtown Seattle, but most of our offices are actually in the south and Texas, which is also where I spend about a third of my time. BTW - other than using the Internet for researching/talking about toys....I hate computers. Next time you ask an IT person at your company what kind of computer you should buy...watch carefully to see if they roll their eyes at you...I know I do (I've been asked that question by someone every day for 10 years....).

Toys:
1976 Donzi 18
1989 Kawasaki 650SX Stand-up Jet Ski
1991 Yamaha Superjet Stand-up Jet Ski
2001 Suzuki SV650 Cafe-Racer
And a few Guitars and amps that I don't play nearly enough...

-EG

joel3078
06-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Awesome boat and video, Joel. I thought you were gonna run over the cameraman at one point. BTW it downloads in 5 seconds on DSL. Ah, was there any doubt that Cuda would have the longest list of toys? Life just gets better as you get older (at least so far).

Thanks Carl. Video is on Cooks Bay on Lake Minnetonka. Taken by girlfriend on a floating doc. It was her fist time with the video camera and the doc bouncing up and down dang near sent her in the lake. Video was taken on Sunday - 1 day after our infamous Vikings sex party. The sex party boats just happen to be on this same bay so we thought it would be fun to film it there the day after the party. Obviously we did not heed the no wake by docks rule. It was late in the season for us and most boats were already gone by then. The sparkely sunlight, sound and flybys make for a great video however. By the way, 2 of the vikes plead guilty a couple weeks ago. Lap dances, titty squeezen, and oral sex. Would love to have taken a video of that stuff. Could sell it and make lots of jing. Sorry for the thread hijack - JE

FOSTER
06-02-2006, 03:37 PM
I am trying to own a 2002 peterbilt, Hauling gasoline around ME, NH, VT. Due to family owned company selling out to big corperation not real sure who I'm working for these days.
Toys.
1981 18 ft 2+3 (still waiting for engine)
1962 chevy 4x4 with 396 bb
1975 El camino
1984 FXRP (not factory stock)
3 year old Australian cattle dog, best one ever.
A wife named Kathy that I could'nt do with out
and a box full of toys that go bang

oilman
06-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Foster, family gone to Irving?? Too many going that way these days:frown:

sweet 16 1966
06-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Branch Manager of a pipe and tubing company-Marmon/Keystone.
Atlanta/Orlando district.
Prized keepsake- Sheila!
3 boys 17, 20,23. Boy do you miss them at this age--Where are they??
1984 Sporster- original and showroom.
1980 CB 650 Custom
2003 50 XR- Yes, its mine and no you can't ride it!
1966 Donzi-16'
1967 Donzi deck from a 16'- needs a hull!
1987 Silverado which my Dad owned before he passes in 96.
1994 TS 650 Kawasaki Jet Ski for pulling logs away when required.

FOSTER
06-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes big yellow is taking over. thinking I might have to put a big yellow stripe down the back of my sleeper.:biggrin:

mrfixxall
06-02-2006, 05:38 PM
I own a auto, truck and marine repair bizz..

list of toys.
1977 x18
1992 35 cigarette cafe racer
1979 formula 255
2002 harley road king classic
1987 screamin eagle electra glide classic
2000 yamaha srx700 snomobile
2005 yamaha rx1 turbo snomobile
1972 chevy monte carlo oe bb car
1970 pontiac gto judge convert
1970 hemi cuda (dad left the gto and the cuda to me and my bro) their NOT FORSALE.......................................
2004 36' moniaco cayman motor coach.,same deal me and my bro own it..
Huge gun collection,35
and ofcoarse 1992 bb suburban to haul all the toys around.....
2002 bmw x5 sport
1995 bmw 740i sport

yeller
06-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I've travelled Central Florida, for 37 years, as a manufacturer's sales representative.
Ok, Donzigo...you started the thread, so that's not good enough. :fire: ;) What do you sell?

Usually I tell people I'm an electrician. It's just easier than trying to explain what I really do. I do have my ticket, but I actually service computerized control systems or DDC (direct digital control). Normally our controls are on commercial HVAC systems (heating/ventilation/air cond), but we also do lighting and access control.
Although I sometimes do small installations, generally my time is spent troubleshooting (networks and electrical) and/or optimizing the controls i.e: programming.
Company I work for called ESC Automation and the product we sell is Delta Controls. (Same owners, seperate companies).

Toys:
Self made 16C copy - but not for long, will be for sale soon.
22C 04 Anniversary Edition 496HO/Procharger
79 AMC AMX built 401/4spd
84 fullsize Bronco. 460ci 96 sheetmetal and dash, custom 1 off interior. Too many mods to mention. Still under construction.
I snow ski, water ski (not so much anymore) and of course play hockey and drink beer :canada: :D

chappy
06-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Recreation Director for vacation resort, www.woodloch.com.
Toys;
87 Classic 18 2+3 350 Mag, Alpha
2004 GMC Sierra 5.3 with Dynamax dual exhaust
2006 Harley Sportster Roadster
My friends at work say I'm living a dream, I should show them all of these posts, I'm nothing compared to the above lists.:biggrin.:
Rich

oilman
06-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Foster - Dont do it...
Not very keen on the Irving yellow, too much w/ the trailers painted too.. ;)

gold-n-rod
06-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Recreation Director for vacation resort, www.woodloch.com.
Toys;
87 Classic 18 2+3 350 Mag, Alpha
2004 GMC Sierra 5.3 with Dynamax dual exhaust
2006 Harley Sportster Roadster
My friends at work say I'm living a dream, I should show them all of these posts, I'm nothing compared to the above lists.:biggrin.:
Rich

Rich: There's always someone who's faster, richer, cosidered "cooler," WHATEVER...... I'm happy with what I have.

Peace.

:wavey:

gcarter
06-02-2006, 08:07 PM
My wife, Elaine, (number 3, but for 20 years, maybe you do learn in your older years....) started a Kinetico water treatment( www.kinetico.com ) dealership more than 18 years ago. It has grown steadily over the years and now we are ranked # 5 in the region. We don't necessarily make a lot of money, but the dealership is becoming more valuable, this will become more important in the next few years.
I bought an absolutely decrepit '86 Minx sight unseen 2 1/2 years ago and have had a ball re-manufacturing the boat (rather than restoring, because I've changed a lot of details along the way).
I don't have many toys anymore (no time) but we do own some trucks;
3 Toyota pickups
2 Ford Explorers
1 Ford Expedition
I own a bunch of computers, desk tops and laptops, and a bang up server that Wes set up for me.
The business takes a lot of time, but the Minx sits just 25' from my office so I get ample oportunity to fool with it while still being a responsible business owner.
No children (by any marriage) but we do have 10 employees, does that count?:rlol:

sweet 16 1966
06-02-2006, 08:12 PM
I agree with like what ya got theme and always someone with a out there with a bigger bang! I do have a wish list and much of it is listed above!!
Speaking of bang, I didn't know we were bringin out our weapons!

gold-n-rod
06-02-2006, 08:22 PM
No children (by any marriage) but we do have 10 employees, does that count?:rlol:

Yupper, George. Employees = children.

:wavey:

Donzigo
06-02-2006, 08:32 PM
EricG, how do you think I feel, I've been at the same job fo 37 years (worked for the same boss for 34 of them, Hell, he's retired now). I usually don't tell very many folks exactly what I do; because people might think I carry around a a bunch of valuable stuff. Truth is, I only carry catalogs. OK, I'm the Rep. for Seiko Time Corporation, for Florida, forever. There are people I call on that are the sons & daughters of fathers and grandfather's I used to sell years ago. That makes me ancient. Out of a coporation of 750 poeple in the US, my employee number is #1, been there longer than anyone and I've lived though 18 different management changes and more BS, than I ever thought a person could endure. How did I do it? Being flexible & having a good sense of humor is really important, and I do laugh early and often. You want me to wear GREEN, I'm there, next guy says: BLUE, then the next one says GREEN again. No worries man! I don't mind, cuz, I go out on Big-D once or twice a week for a "white kuckled ride" and all my cares or concerns blow right out the back of the boat. I'm living large & having fun all the way. If I stay around another 13 years, as I plan to, I will have worked for the same company & done the same job for 50 years!

I'm having a ball reading about all the things we do. It's truly amazing. Lots of technocrats in the group. And, dang, I never knew there were so many gun collectors. CHIT, we ever go to war or have civil unrest, some in this group are ready. Now, I wonder how many rounds of ammo would a guy keep hanging around his house, for some of those weapons. How much is enough?

Pretty cool that so many list their wives as being important in their lives. Me? One time, 11 years, a long time ago, I was married, and for the last 20 years, nada. When I said, "until death do us part" I meant it. Yup, great if you got a good one; but, hell, if it's the other type. That's the kind I had. (Cost me a cool million, too. Ouch!) People ask me: "You married?"...........I say: "No, I'm happy!". Kinda like Haley's comet, never came around again.

I knew CUDA would be the "lead dog" of the toy chest.

billy22zx
06-02-2006, 08:43 PM
very interesting....cool to know what other guy`s dp for a living. there job always seems much more interesting! drywall contractor here...all new homes. had a couple "other" boats. the 22 zx i just purchased replaced the 69 grand prix (good trade i think!) 97 polaris jet-ski...and my new john deere!

DonziDave
06-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Great diversity in the member's occupations...and lots of nice toys....!!!!

As for me, I'm an architect. Primarily design upscale retail, shopping centers, hotels, and Harris Teeter food stores.

Scaled back on the toys....down to my 18C and a fast car. No kids, young girlfriend, just living laid back at my lake house. Life is good...!!!

:pimp:

need for speed
06-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Well I wash Boats... kind of a little more then just soap and water,, have a small marine service comp taking care of boats.. Naples Waterworks LLC. And have been known to buy and sell a few Boats.. ::)
Also work part time for my dad a few days here and their in construction..

well my TOY list is not that big…yet,,,.:boat:

2005 22 496 HO CLASSIC
2005 Ford Harley F250
B1700 Kubota
o yeah,. and my wife... Laurie..:yippie: no kids,, Did I say I like boats.:)

TuxedoPk
06-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Dual career-Executive VP for a company that ran 8 casinos and owned and ran computer consulting and education companies. Stopped working in 1998.

Ed Donnelly
06-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Yeller; Did you know your DSC T305 is in the Ports Hotel
Your DBB060 is used by the Metropolitan Toronto Police(City of Toronto)
Small world...........Ed

Donzigo
06-03-2006, 06:31 AM
TuxedoPk...............dang, you're only 42, (by your profile), congrats on "not working".....don't know many who can retire at 42.........you must have done something right.

TuxedoPk
06-03-2006, 08:36 AM
TuxedoPk...............dang, you're only 42, (by your profile), congrats on "not working".....don't know many who can retire at 42.........you must have done something right.

My profile is correct-I stopped working at 36. It does have its downside to realize you've peaked sexually at 18, and career wise in mid 30s.... Gotta go feed the pigeons and take a nap.

SideshowRob
06-03-2006, 09:57 AM
COOL POST
It's good to learn a little more about the folks on the site.
So here I go.... Recently self employed. I do pretty much everything
Lawncare, Landscaping, property clean-up, Snowplowing, Painting ETC.....
I'm also working with a friend who does Vinyl deck covering and aluminum railings. I'm 31 and I've had a good 15 jobs, a couple careers, and finally did what I had to. I've known for a good 10 years that I'm not good at having a boss, so now I'm the boss. No one to blame but me :boggled: I like it, but I'm wondering if I'll be busy enough in the winter.
:D Now fer my ****e! Firstly, I collect Hot Wheels, Old Tonkas and Fisher Price toys. I also collect old snowmachines too, but they take up a lot of room :eek:
The list.
1976 Donzi X-18 w/350 Vette engine, Volvo 280
1994 GMC 2500 4X4 3" Lift 33" BFG's
2000 Yamaha SRX 700 Sled---- It's a Snowmachine, boys
1980 Yamaha Enticer.... Restored and for sale
1968 Snobug...... Sled made in my home town
1969 Sno Cruiser (actually bought it for my girlfriend on Valentine's Day)
2- 1947 Willy's jeeps. One is on the list for a build- up Sooon.
1982 Massey Fergusson Lawn Tractor. Just picked it up, (it's pretty cool)
Oh and my Saw... Stihl 460 Magnum. 72cc's of bark mulching power (I love to start it and let it idle on the garage floor... it makes an old Knuckle Head look smooth.....scares the weak folks away.
V-Max Street Bike is on the list next. Say what you will about that bike, but once you've driven it.... it's all worth it (a 1970 BB Chevelle doesn't corner either, but it's still a blast to drive!)
At last count I had 13 small engines in the garage... running various pieces of equipment, so really, I need a bigger garage.
OH I almost forgot. My girlfriend Nicole. She 's awesome... so tolerent of my affliction for collecting. And Co-Pilot of the X.
And the dog, Kelsey. She's a 5 yr old Yellow Lab that started out as a dogsitting job.
Well, that's me :canada: :beer:

yeller
06-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeller; Did you know your DSC T305 is in the Ports Hotel
Your DBB060 is used by the Metropolitan Toronto Police(City of Toronto)
Small world...........Ed
Ed...I figured someone would probably recognize the product. Delta products are sold worldwide, although being the 1st, ESC is the largest purchaser by far. We've installed product as far east as Newoundland. The company would love for me to move to Seattle or Portland as we've expanded south a few years back but are having difficulties finding anyone with the technical abilities. I wouldn't mind going to Portland, but just can't convince the wife.

Donzigo, there can be a lot of benefits to staying with one company. I respect a person that has that kind of committment and loyalty. :wavey:

boxy
06-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Spent the first 18 years working with my Dad running a private Canada Customs Bonded Warehouse, and I ran a small security company on the side to get access to cool electronics at cost (loved commerical/access/surviellance, hated residential alarms).
3 years ago we sold the warehouse, and I've been working with Royal Lepage Team Realty for the last 2 years.
The list of toys decreased when I changed jobs, and built our last house, but there is lots of room in the garage next to the JohnDeere, and we are staring to fill it back up. :D

olredalert
06-03-2006, 12:55 PM
-------I almost hesitate to enter the arena, so to speak, but 40 years of collecting while working mostly in the old car restoration industry has had its benefits. I keep telling myself Im cutting back but I think Im just delusional. I did sell a really nice old 1976 Cadillac Seville last weekend, but am having a hard time parting with anything else.
--------1. DONZI Corsican
--------2.DONZI El Pescador
--------3. 1949 Jeepster, restored (in my family since about 1955)
--------4.1966 Corvette,427/390
--------5.1964 Pontiac Grand Prix 421/370, 4-speed
--------6.1965 Chevelle stationwagon (unfinished pro-touring style)
--------7.1976 Mercedes 450SLC
--------8.1986 Pontiac wagon (everyone needs a winter beater up here)
--------10.1994 Mercedes E320 wagon (gotta keep Jan happy)
--------11.1994 3/4 ton Suburban (dualie conversion). 502 will tow anything anywhere anytime!!!
--------12. 1986 El Camino (350 crate motor and 28,000 orig. miles) will tow some stuff a bit.
--------13. 1959 Fiat Jolly, 17 throbbing horsepower out of the air-cooled 2-cylinder (another keep Jan happymobile)
--------As far as work, I have had or run three different restoration shops dealing mostly with Corvettes and a few other GM vehicles on the side for roughly 40 years. Im thinking about opening up a 4th to keep a bit busier than I have been. Will probably just tuirn into a local hangout for other miscreants like myself and Ill get nothing done.

FOSTER
06-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Posted by Donzigo,
"Now I wonder how many rounds of ammo would a guy keep hanging around his house, How much is enough?
Can't answer the second part, But I think I have a good start.

oilman
06-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Looks like the republic of Vermont is safe from enemy attack when flanked from the east :biggrin:
“This is the Vermont Air National Guard Battle Flag, the banner of the Green Mountain Boys".

Donzigo
06-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Dang, Foster, you'll never give out of ammo..............while you scream out: "Keep shooting at them re-ve-nu-ers, boys, we ain't gonna give out of ammo anytime soon!".

oilman
06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
DonziGo these old revenuer boys' dont stand a chance of getting thru Foster,our stills are safe for now..:beer:

Tony
06-03-2006, 10:58 PM
I'll proudly follow my Michigan boating brother and fellow MADCOW member. (BTW, Jamie, my son has a year under his belt at MSU and is planning on a degree in civil engineering...)

Anyway, I teach 6th grade and my wife teaches 4th. I also coach or have coached volleyball, basketball, and tennis. My first degree was in Parks & Recreation, explaining why I've only been teaching for 18 years while my wife has 28 years in. I've also got a Masters degree in Educational Admisistration, but as of right now have no burning desire to enter that thankless position!

No one gets rich teaching, but there are other rewards. Two that quickly come to mind are summers off, and the opportunity to impact our youth...so many of whom really need it. Plus, there is never a dull moment with thirty 12 year olds in the same room!

Not too many toys other than the Donzi, although we recently bought a 33' Dutchman 5th wheel, replacing the pop-up camper we had for about 15 years. We like to camp and bike ride, and I play in doubles beach volleyball tournaments and in a 50+ hockey league.

:beer:

Patti
06-04-2006, 07:22 AM
I tell you what Matty..that book of yours I got for 19.95 was a steal!

It totally changed my life :biggrin:

apollo24
06-05-2006, 10:25 AM
You guys are truly a trip. I get a kick out of checking out your posts every day. I actually check the Donzi Board before I check email in the mornings!

Me, I just started a new job as Marketing Director/Distributor Developer for a company called Heavyquip. We are North America's largest independent aftermarket supplier of heavy machinery parts (Cat, Case, Komatsu, Deere, etc.) It's been pretty interesting so far, but I miss outside sales. Driving a desk 95% of the time is not really what I had in mind when I took the job but hey..... I really want to get into selling something related to boats one of these days. I broker sailboats and a few powerboats on the side now for extra money for toys.

Toys/Interests:

I race sailboats competitively all over the place. I just sold my Olympic Class Star boat when I moved inland in January. It's kind of the F-1 of sailboat racing. I know, it's a blowboat but it's a different sort of speed and extremely physical.

Other toys:
My wonderful girlfriend Carrie
1976 Donzi X-boat
1984 Landcruiser FJ-60 (to pull the X)
1953 Willys Jeep CJ-3
1965 Mustang convertible
1985 Catalina 30 sailboat
1969 Southcoast 23 sailboat
Laser sailboat
-and I just sold my Ducati motorcycle, which I now regret.

joel3078
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Weapons? well, if I'm gonna list my toys, I'm not listing what's protecting them.. Suffice it to say they are WELL protected.. http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/uzi.gif
And, Heidi's a much better shot than I am :smash: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ahhh I know what you mean Poodle. My other 1/2 has been around guns since she was 3 and did competition shooting. Yes 3 years old. This is her current place of work. She buys and sells guns all day long and chit chats with people. Cabela's gun library.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/community/gun/gun-home.jsp?hierarchyId=10468&cm_re=home0605*right*gun_library

Donzigo
06-05-2006, 02:57 PM
MadPoodle, it's better to win the

"Made the most money in my lifetime" award,

rather than the "Been there the longest" award.

My guess is you are winning the latter .......... (If you LOVE your job, you win the first.)

BUIZILLA
06-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm a Professional Biatch...

i'll leave it at that...

:cool:

roadtrip se
06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
eighteen years worth with one company. Grew up hanging around my best friend's Dad's Ford store in Ohio and never really left. Sold cars, fleet leasing, and finance after college, because that was where the money was at and made some life long friends in the process. Went to Texas as a pup to sell dealers software and training to run their businesses. Bigger dealers like Autonation met bigger deals, but it also met traveling for eight years. Chance came up to call on the OEMs in Detroit and I took it to get off the road, post-911, and try on an even bigger challenge. Jill seems to think it is better having me home at night and my waistline thanks her!

The toy herd is currently being culled a bit with the recent acquisition of a replacement for the Texas lake house at Cumberland, Kentucky.

The list includes:
- 2001 Donzi 22 Classic, slightly modified, on a floating 2005 MYCO aluminum trailer
- 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible, all stock
- 2005 Excursion 4x4 6.0 Powerstroke, all stock
- 2006 Chrysler 300, fleet special, Detroit cruiser, no spinners or snake eyes, yet
- 2003 John Deere GX345 Garden Tractor with liquid-cooled 20HP and power everything with 48 inch deck and 42-inch snow blower
- 2001 John Deere Gator 4x2 with full fiberglass Croc Top and slightly modified governor good for about 30mph
- 2004 Generac Power 30AMP NG genset with 200AMP automatic cutover, take that DTE cause I'm off Grid!
- A whole crap load of STIHL equipment thanks to Poodle
- 2001 Oklahoma Joe 40-inch smoker with side box
- 2006 Lyfetyme 42-inch smoker imported from Texas, by Texans, thank you very much!
- Lifetime supply of hickory, thanks to one generous, crazy, BH-driving, and moonshine swilling Donzifanatic!
- More friends than I ever deserved thanks to a little fiberglass go-fast.

So there you have it!

smokediver
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Well lets see . I've only had two jobs . USMC after high school and joined the fire dept. after getting out . Presently have been with East Naples fire for 16 years . I have recently taken over the job as training captain and switched over to the "day" side . I kinda like having weekends off now ! Also an EMT and Dive Rescue Specialist .
Toys ? just my 16 classic that I have owned for 8 no 9 years ... And then there are the women:biggrin: :biggrin:

LKSD
06-05-2006, 09:33 PM
I am A marina owner that specializes in Performance boat customization & restoration.. As far as hobbies other than boating I'd have to think.. It's been soooo long since I took a vactation it's not even funny.. :eek!: :eek: It hospitalized me about a month ago due to stress & high Blood psi.. The bright side is now I have to spend some time relaxing.. :chillpill :chillpill Hopefully we will meet a lot more of you all this summer.. :) :) Jamie / Lakeside

Toys:
My wife Donzi Kristin & our Yorkie dog nibbles (just kidding the wife is not a toy, but is fun to play with :garfield: :hyper: )
My current boat 2006 22' Classic 496 Mag Ho / B1x (but have had many other boats before this one)
1990 tuned & customized Mazda Miata
2005 Chevy Duramax 4x4 2500HD
2005 Vw Jetta ( the grocery getter)

Ranman
06-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I am a Commodity Manager for a privately owned Outsourced Purchasing company. Our customers, primarily automotive based, hire us to handle their MRO/indirect purchasing for them. We aggregate spend across all customers and all locations (over 300 facilities today) to gain purchasing leverge allowing us to negotiate significant cost savings at a piece price level all while providing the information systems, personnel, and financial settlement components on behalf of our customers.

Forrest
06-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Presently, and for the last 15 years, I worked for Walkin' Lawton and now JEB as a Systems Programmer in the Department that keeps the convicted bad guys in Florida off the streets. Prior to that, I was a Johnson/Evinrude, Volvo-Penta, Mercrusier technician at a number of dealerships and on my own in Virginia Beach, VA, and places in Florida, as well as a college student at University of South Florida (in Tampa in case you didn't know).

Present hobbies include:
Trying marriage for the first time at 47. Three years and going great!
Collecting waterfront properties. Have two now, one on Lake Eufaula and one on the Gulf coast, but don't live at either except for when I have time off of my job. Takes more time and costs much more than all other hobbies combined.
Listening to music and hi-end audio - Apogee, Threshold, Audio Note, etc, sound toys.

Then there is boating: :beer:
'72 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter - purchase new in '72 by my parents
'77 Donzi X-18
'72 Magnum 27 Sport with DPX drives
94' 22' Palm Beach pontoon boat 48 hp Johnson (honest 20 mph gps)
11' Boston Whaler - 20 hp Johnson

Stuff with wheels:
1988 Mercedes 560SEC
2000 Ford Excursion V10
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Looking for a decent and cheap riding lawn tractor to support a hobby above.

tiger lily
06-08-2006, 07:49 PM
i work for a fabrication shop, i do everything from weld, truck driving, to lay outs, overall im the shop bitch, leaving to goto a school to become a commercial diver, which i have always wanted to do subsea work and rig work

my list of toys

99 F350 diesel with lots of mods, lift and 35 mud terrains
86 trx250r built to the sky, its a rocket ship
98 ski doo formula 3, pipes clutches reeds carbs, its got it all and its aftermarket
78 donzi 18
94 yamaha wave raider that is very modded also
91 ford ranger 6inch lift that is my trail/sand dune truck

FISHIN SUCKS
06-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Unsuccessful Manwhore. But do pretty well selling UHMW-PE to the dump truck/trailer industry for almost 10 years for the manufacturer. I primarily deal with the OEMs throughout the US as well as all of Canada. Also responsible for developing Europe as well. I am also in the process of making another film, the first being 'Homeless Olympx', this one being 'Bring It Bitch'. Not necessarily for everyone, but sometimes you throw a wet noodle on the wall, maybe it sticks, maybe not. Seeins' how I have not collected a paycheck for auctioneering:smash: (no hints here, don't want one, AOTH friends:) ), I don't know that I am really an auctioneer either.

Hobbies and toys:
Barbi - my lovely wife for 11 1/2
Kayla and Tommy III - my 9 and almost 7 yr old really cool kids:)
91 - Donzi Blackwidow 24'
80 - 13' Boston Whaler 40 Johnson (original owner since I was 12)
65 - Buick Wildcat Gran Sport Convertible (real oddball)
80 - Corvette (race car)
03 - z-71 truck
05 - Escalade (Barbi's pimpwagon)
pretty good size toy truck collection (big trucks like Foster's pic of Pete)
Corvette and Corvette Racing stuff

sweet 16 1966
06-08-2006, 11:58 PM
FS,
would it be able to resist the abrasiveness of glass? Could it be used to line pipe on the inside?

UltraHigh Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE)

What makes UHMW-PE such a distinctive and useful material? It’s the combination of excellent properties – outstanding abrasion resistance, superior impact resistance, non-sticking and self-lubricating properties and excellent mechanical properties, even in cryogenic conditions.

UHMW-PE is an extremely high viscosity polymer that is produced in the form of a powder and has an average particle size diameter typically ranging from 100-200 microns. As a result of its viscosity, it generally cannot be processed by the common methods used for ordinary thermoplastics. Thus, compression molding and ram extrusion processes are used to generate the high pressures needed to fuse UHMW-PE particles together and then, typically, are used to form the material into stock shapes or profiles with subsequent machining, as necessary.

Because of its abrasion resistance, chemical resistance and good frictional properties, major application areas of UHMW-PE include bulk material handling, food and beverage machinery; chemical, mining and mineral processing equipment, recreational equipment, transportation and orthopedic implants.

GUR UHMW-PE can also be gel processed for such applications as battery separators, synthetic paper or high-strength fiber applications. The free sintering process can be used to produce porous parts such as filters, wicking parts and fluid delivery components.

With its GUR® UHMW-PE, GHR® HMW-PE and VHMW-PE and its GUR® and Hostalloy® UHMW-PE products, Ticona is the largest global supplier with the broadest UHMW-PE portfolio in the industry. Included in this portfolio are GUR Specialty Products which are used to fabricate porous and filtration parts and as additives for paints, coatings or material matrix modifiers.

RELATED LINKS

Applications
Literature

Overview

COC

LCP

LFRT

PBT

PET

POM

PPS

TPE/COPE

UHMW-PE

GHR® HMW-PE
GUR® Injection Molding Grades
GUR® Specialty Products
Agency Approvals

pmreed
06-09-2006, 08:22 AM
So Russ; you sell plastic??:)

Phil

TuxedoPk
06-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Trying marriage for the first time at 47.
O Chit! At 42 I thought I was no longer at risk for the draft or marriage.

sweet 16 1966
06-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Phil,

No, I had no idea what UHMW-PE was so I have to Google it to find out!
I work for a company who is in the alumn, stainless, and steel pipe and tube business. Sort of a niche as we do not get involved in beams channels etc.
Have an account who runs glass through pipe and its life span is very short.
Hope all is well with you these days! No gator stories lately?

pmreed
06-09-2006, 06:01 PM
No gator stories from me, but check out Cuda's Gator Story (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44980):alligator
Phil

sanleonkid
06-09-2006, 06:40 PM
28 years with same hospital corporation. started out as lab assistant at $2.15 / hr before and after school...... after much more schooling and clinical transition to finance I am now the CFO...... Go Figure.

Toys/Hobbies

Had a 27 Regal docked on the water for 17 years through two wives and waaay to many weekenders in between. Boat "sunk" one christmas and had to be retired.

As for toys, the wife had me sell the 16' go to fast Classic. Curently looking at 29-31' Scarabs. Almost decided.... just time to pull the trigger. Have also decided to move from Salt Water (where I grew up) to the Lake (Travis).

I am an avid kite flyer/collector. SLK's, duals quads.. The larger the better. Have a 125 Sutton, 85 SkyFoil, several 10-14' Roks.... and a whole host of cellulars

My son and I have a O Scale train layout with 6 loops and a complete tinplate village

McGary911
06-09-2006, 11:32 PM
I thought this was the old thread. Seems like this one gets done every 2 years or so.....and that's not a bad thing. Cool to see how diverse the board is, and to see who does what to feed the Donzi bug. :p

As for me, I work for a big financial firm, on the technical side. It's stressful, and time consuming, but it let me buy a Criterion, so how bad could it be??? AND, I just found out, that my company is moving my job to Jacksonville, FL. I hear there is good boating weather there.... ;)

ITTLFLI
06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Fun Post! Lots of like interests!

I am in sales for Fifth Third Bank Processing Solutions. I sell the data processing that drives atm and debit cards to other banks and credit unions. My territory is AZ, NM, and NV. Needless to say I am a road warrior!

1994 Donzi 22
1997 Sea Ray 190 Signature
1977 Sanger sprint jet- awaiting restoration

2000 Excursion 4x4 PSD
1997 Corvette-wifes driver(gotta keep moma happy)
1976 Corvette

2001 Honda 400EX quad
2001 CR 250 dirt bike

60" Exmark zero turn

FISHIN SUCKS
06-11-2006, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=sweet 16 1966]FS,
would it be able to resist the abrasiveness of glass? Could it be used to line pipe on the inside?

Hey Russ,
Yes and no. The yes part is that I have customers that run crushed glass and works very well compared to that of aluminum and steel (both hardox and carbon steels). The no part is if there is a high rate of speed at which the glass is flowing, glass + speed = no good. Yes, we manufacture tube as well of various sizes, let me know in a PM if you need more info, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Byron,
I was impressed with your Sanger squirt boat, didn't realize you were a Corvette guy too! Are you going to convention in Orlando in August?

The Hedgehog
06-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Somewhat. I am a Bank Consultant. I do consulting in the world of interest rate risk management and credit risk management. I work for a company based out of Louisville Ky but my home office is on Lake Eufaula. The travel is both good and bad. We will see when our first born arrives on Sept 9th.

I have lots of hobbies. Other than boating, my other real passions are snow skiing and whitewater kayaking. Whitewater kayaking in the SE is great but travel has made me stop driving 5-6 hours a weekend for a hobby. Snow skiing happens when available. The best I have done is 20 days/year. It is more like 6-8 days/year these days. I was a former car guy (restored 66 Mustang and some misc English cars) and learned about the Donzi thing from my dad. After moving back to water, hot boats were a natural progression. I am also a multi-engine pilot but I have just been able to afford the boating thing so the air is out of my league.

Toys-
1997 Donzi 27ZX w/502 Mag (Pro-Charged)
Jet Ski
1990 MGB Limited (Wife's car but I get to work on it)
1996 Grand Cherokee (off road vehicle)
1999 F-250 Crew cab diesel
2005 Grand Cherokee
24' Dutchman Travel Trailer

gcarter
06-12-2006, 07:56 PM
1990 MGB Limited (Wife's car but I get to work on it)
I bet you get to do it a lot.:smash:

The Hedgehog
06-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I bet you get to do it a lot.:smash:

Actually not too bad. At least other than the crappy English electronics.

She wants me to hop it up "like the boat." With the 100 hp 4 cyl I am thinking "what is the point?"

I almost thought that I could drop it for a 72 Vette that she fell in love with this year. Now that is something I could get excited about. Hmm. 400 small block with some hp heads and a 4 speed. I would enjoy working on that! I could also feel good about taking it for a spin.

boxy
06-12-2006, 09:08 PM
BG ZX, this hunk of plastic started out sort of near you .... :D

The Hedgehog
06-13-2006, 05:49 AM
BG ZX, this hunk of plastic started out sort of near you .... :D

Wilderness Systems. Looks like a surf sit-on-top. I have heard of them. I think they are from Easly SC. I believe that is the former home of Perception.

I paddle a Pyranah Inazone 230 for play and river running and a Micro 240 for the steep class V stuff. I am not running much class V these days. That used to be my favorite. I like to be on top of my game for that stuff.

RedDog
06-13-2006, 12:22 PM

Hey Big Green - does this fella look familar? I have been running into him a lot out on Fort Loudon Lake - Knoxville...

The Hedgehog
06-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey Big Green - does this fella look familar? I have been running into him a lot out on Fort Loudon Lake - Knoxville...

Ah. That would be one Steven McLamb. Tell him that I said hello. I am glad to see that he is still doing the right thing. You all need to come join us for Eufaula VIII.

I am surprised that he is not on this site.

yorkey
07-16-2006, 12:33 PM
I am an Operations Manager for a mortgage company in Orange County, California. I've been in the mortgage biz for 14 years, I do loans and run things. We lend in 8 states by the way... if anyone needs any mortgage related assistance, see me for your custom Donzi.net loan programs and interest rates (hee hee)

Toys:

1992 22 Classic 454/King Cobra
1995 Seadoo Speedster (ball slappin' river boat)
2002 Mercedes (AMG) SLK32 - Renntech Upgrade - 392 h/p
2004 Cadillac Escalade - pulls the boats in comfort
My studio full o' music equipment - life long passion for the music

Take care,

Jeff

LKSD
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
I am an Operations Manager for a mortgage company in Orange County, California. I've been in the mortgage biz for 14 years, I do loans and run things. We lend in 8 states by the way... if anyone needs any mortgage related assistance, see me for your custom Donzi.net loan programs and interest rates (hee hee)
Toys:
1992 22 Classic 454/King Cobra
1995 Seadoo Speedster (ball slappin' river boat)
2002 Mercedes (AMG) SLK32 - Renntech Upgrade - 392 h/p
2004 Cadillac Escalade - pulls the boats in comfort
My studio full o' music equipment - life long passion for the music
Take care,
Jeff

Do you cover PA ?? Or are you primarily west coast?? J :)

Donzigo
07-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Big Green ZX: I one had a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine. Great little car, except for the electrc stuff. They call it: :LUCAS - PRINCE OF DARKNESS" for a reason. I think there's a website to that affect...............with all the LUCAS jokes.

gcarter
07-16-2006, 02:36 PM
with all the LUCAS jokes.

Do you know why Brits drink warm beer?

Because they have Lucas refrigerators.:wink:

Cuda
07-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Do you know why Brits drink warm beer?
.:wink:
I heard it's because the old lady that knew the recipe for ice died.

Cuda
07-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Big Green ZX: I one had a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine. Great little car, except for the electrc stuff. They call it: :LUCAS - PRINCE OF DARKNESS" for a reason. I think there's a website to that affect...............with all the LUCAS jokes.
How about a Sunbeam Tiger? Now that was a bad mama jama!:)

wrussellw
07-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I am own an assortment of business' primarly high tech and real estate related, so I guess that's why I am working on a Sunday?
Toys
My latest in progress 1969 Donzi 16
Boston Whaler Montauk, best all around CC
Slow Boat Catalina 30
Fast Slow Boat J/22
Faster Slow Boat Laser
HD Custom Sportsters
Suzuki CR
Red Italian sports cars
Blue German Sports Cars
Cessana 172 (looking to sell, concentrate on boats)
And of course the fleet of P/U and SUV to tow toys
Did have a MGB, TD and MGA actually pretty reliable once the electrical gremlins are solved, of course there really is much too them.
The biggest headache was the Morgan, wooden chassis. When you got to worry about termits eating your car, well time to sell.
Have really enjoyed this forum

conyo
08-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Run an electropolishing company with my pops! We mechanically polish all metals brass,stainless,aluminum,titanium etc. We electropolish mostly stainless steel. As all us boat owners know stainless steel DOES rust and stain. This is usually because of contaminant transfer from tooling (like using a carbon steel screwdriver to tighten bow railings to boat decks! etc) Electropolishing removes all surface and embedded impuraties to leave a chromium rich oxidation layer which does not rust! Plus it brightens up the metal considerably. We do tonnes of marine stuff!
Gettin into real estate investing, Also in the middle of designing a few different types of metal finishing machines on 3D CAD software

TOYS...
Holy crap! I'm a little behind on the toy dept compared to some of you guys/girls.
1989 Donzi Regazza 25 (big block...NICE!)
Sharp GX6U 42" LCD tv
Anthem D1 Processor P5 AMP
Paradigm Signature Series full surrond sound plus a 15" and 12" woofer
(no this is not in the Donzi!!!)
this winter Arneson ASD6 surface drive for the Donzi
soon to come 2009ish Dodge Challenger Convertible...can't wait!
oh ya...and my wife LOL!!!

ChromeGorilla
08-17-2006, 05:02 AM
oh ya...and my wife LOL!!!

That right there is funny! :yes: :wink:

I am a reliability technician for Michelin North America.

Toys: 05 22 Classic
05 chebby diesel 2500 LT
06 VW GLI

......thats it......

Jraysray
08-17-2006, 11:18 AM
The original thread.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41905

Team Jefe
08-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Ok Short version: I'm one of those Money grubbing Assholes who is responsible for gas being $3.50 a gallon...not really, but I do work for them:lookaroun

OK, remember all that BS I said on page one....well forget it, I've changed jobs again. Most of my pro life has been spent in the upstream part of the Oilfield...where they get the oil ouuta the ground.

Now I've gone all the way downstream...where they make the gasoline.

I'm working with Jacobs Engineering at the BP Texas City Refinery...yes the one that blew up a few times last year. We are in process of completely updating the plant....B is for Billions being spent on this plant. The odd thing, the attitude here is amazing...instead of hang-dog feeling sorry for themselves, they are fired up and ready to make a difference...it is very infectious. I actually work for a BP guy who was at the epicenter of the main explosion...he carries some scares, but uses them to motivate himself and the rest of use to acheive extraordinary results...this is gonna be fun.

.....oh and did I mention we work 4-10's...Every Friday off Biatches:yes:

conyo
08-18-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm working with Jacobs Engineering at the BP Texas City Refinery...yes the one that blew up a few times last year...:
Since you work for a refinery...how bout some FREE GAS VOUCHERS for the rest of us!!!!!!!!!:bonk: :shades:

Donziweasel
08-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Live in Wyoming for the last 12 years. Originally from Atlanta. Own the largest transportation company in the state with over 50 vehicles.

Other Boy Toys-
M-7 Snowmobile (highly modified)
M-1000 Snowmobile
Starcraft extreme Pop-up Camper
Polaris Sportsman 700 4 wheeler
G-3 Fishing boat w/ F-90 Yamaha Jet Drive (moderatly Modified)
2004 F-350 Powerstroke (moderatly modified)
1997 Donzi Classic 16
14 Aire Whitewater raft w/ DRE frame

SurfGreenTele
08-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Real estate photographer. I primarily do virtual tours of houses.

I have some nice guitars, but no Donzi because my salary is crap! :(

gpapich
08-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Navy (USNA) grad, former aircraft carrier and cruiser driver, AEGIS test officer (break stuff and blow up zoomy things), Defense contractor (switched from khaki to comfy+$$$), IT project manager, West Marine Assistant Manager and Inventory mgr (divorce financial chemotherapy...got 'em off me).

Now I'm a Land Analyst for Morrison Homes (write the business plans and shag down permit costs on new subdivision deals) - Don't know a thing, but I'm with a great company and I'm learning fast.

Toys:
Fiero kitcar (Ferrari Boxer BB512 convertible) - sold it for a cheap MBA ride
1976 Donzi X-18 (Chev 350 w/ TRS)
Big pimpin' in my 1998 Chevy Astro (bone stock of course...such a choice ride! fist-pump...yesssssss!!!)

I enjoy reading about you guys and learning how not to stuff my X following airtime from a cruiser wake...Recommend "Fast Powerboat Seamanship" by Dag Pike. Gets your throttle arm working in the bigger stuff.

AquaV
08-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Wow, feel like I have missed a lot... been a while since I have been on here.

Let's see... currently doing the whole contracting thing in Iraq and have been for 22 months now... (wow, time flies!). Specifically, I do operational logistics for a country-wide mission that provides direct support to all of our troops (including the coalition forces and even the Iraqi army). The "direct support" isn't any of the cushy stuff... just the bare necessities such as: Bulk and packaged fuel, 10/20, DS and MEF Maintenance, Bottled water, MREs and UGRs, and ammo just to name a few. It's a fun and exciting job as I get to be involved with what's happening in the war and I get it all first hand. What can I say?

As for toys, I pretty much own nothing at the moment as there is no point (I can't enjoy it and I am rarely in the States). I get to take good vacations though and I have a healthy bank account! I do have a list of toys to purchase in the next few years when I can actually utilize them.

Lamborghini - (preferably the Countach Aniversario, but I can cope with a new Gallardo or Murcielago, hell, I'll even take the sweet and always classy Diablo)
Donzi - size depends on where I decide to "settle" down
Harley V-Rod
A home in the Los Angeles area
A home in the Houston area (fixer upper)
A playmate for my chihuahua, Bella

Rather than saying I have expensive tastes, I prefer to say I have quality taste. Ha!

gcarter
08-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Hey AV, good to hear from ya. We met in Sarasota two years ago.
Just a note, it's not the purchase price of a Lambo that's expensive, it's the maintenance.
8-10K for a tune up.
20K+ for a clutch as they have to near split the car to get to the clutch between the passenger seats!!!

But glad to hear you're doin OK.

onesubdrvr
08-19-2006, 07:28 AM
As for toys, I pretty much own nothing at the moment as there is no point (I can't enjoy it and I am rarely in the States). I get to take good vacations though and I have a healthy bank account! I do have a list of toys to purchase in the next few years when I can actually utilize them.

Lamborghini - (preferably the Countach Aniversario, but I can cope with a new Gallardo or Murcielago, hell, I'll even take the sweet and always classy Diablo)
Donzi - size depends on where I decide to "settle" down
Harley V-Rod
A home in the Los Angeles area
A home in the Houston area (fixer upper)
A playmate for my chihuahua, Bella

Rather than saying I have expensive tastes, I prefer to say I have quality taste. Ha!
With that list of toys, hell, I'll be a good playmate for Bella :wink:

Stay safe over there!!

Wayne

Carl C
08-19-2006, 07:35 AM
I want this guy's job! He gets paid to thrash boats until they break.:boat: :smash:

Doug G
08-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I spent nearly 18 years in the insurance business, mostly employee benefit plans and estate planning, then a couple years helping my brother and sister in law in their business. Then, I had a decision to make....back to the world of insurance, or....
After much conversation with my wife, I took the plunge and jumped into the boat biz with Lakeside Marine. We sell new and pre-owned Tiara Yachts, as well as used and brokerage boats. Talk about having too much fun!

http://www.lakesidemarine.com

fishwomin
08-22-2006, 06:31 AM
I have no boy toys, just chicks toys. I teach special education to elementary students. I have summers off, yippee.
1 husband
1 cat
Donzi F23 CC 250 hp
Nissan Xterra Supercharger for 4wheeling

Hubby really wants a classic muscle car.....69 GTO

Kristen:wink:

Team Jefe
08-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Conyo, quit being so damn greedy.. ;)
Jeffe, I'll settle for some of those pesky ole 50% off coupons :) :)

Free?...50% off....Hell boys, we gotta pay extra for our fuel....with all the econo cars popping up now, its expected we do our part to keep Bp making about $5 Billion each quarter:bonk:

Team Jefe
08-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I have no boy toys, just chicks toys. I teach special education to elementary students. I have summers off, yippee.
1 husband
1 cat
Donzi F23 CC 250 hp
Nissan Xterra Supercharger for 4wheeling
Hubby really wants a classic muscle car.....69 GTO
Kristen:wink:

Kristen- welcome aboard, be sure to check out the Fishing Files....granted we don't have a great deal of action there, but us fish people need a little space of our own. Also, we need to see some pics of your catches...be sure you in a bikini are in all the pics please :wink:

AquaV
08-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Hey AV, good to hear from ya. We met in Sarasota two years ago.
Just a note, it's not the purchase price of a Lambo that's expensive, it's the maintenance.
8-10K for a tune up.
20K+ for a clutch as they have to near split the car to get to the clutch between the passenger seats!!!
But glad to hear you're doin OK.

HEY!! I remember ya!! Okay, so maybe the Lambo will sit in the yard on blocks for a year before I ever get to drive it. Ha. You can take the girl outta Texas, but... you know the rest! Hahaha

Am doing well. Have escaped all injuries and close calls! I'm still in Mortarita-ville majority of the time... though I am hoping to get out to some of the other sites again shortly.

How are things with you? I think I might make a trip to Florida this January... and if I do I'd love to meet up with some of you folks again!!

AquaV
08-25-2006, 12:20 PM
With that list of toys, hell, I'll be a good playmate for Bella :wink:
Stay safe over there!!
Wayne

Hahaha.... I dunno Bella can be a rough playmate... and I have spoiled her rotten.

Appreciate the well wishes, but absolutely plan on it! Ha.

Sometimes I think its safer here than it is driving in any major city.

gcarter
08-25-2006, 02:50 PM
HEY!! I remember ya!! Okay, so maybe the Lambo will sit in the yard on blocks for a year before I ever get to drive it. Ha. You can take the girl outta Texas, but... you know the rest! Hahaha
Am doing well. Have escaped all injuries and close calls! I'm still in Mortarita-ville majority of the time... though I am hoping to get out to some of the other sites again shortly.
How are things with you? I think I might make a trip to Florida this January... and if I do I'd love to meet up with some of you folks again!!
"Sitting on blocks" is funny!
Having grown up on the South side of Houston, South of Hobby Airport, and just North of Pearland.....there was a joke about how to tell a wealthy man in Pasadena.......He has two old junk cars on blocks in his front yard!!:eek!: :eek!:
Again, I'm glad to hear you're OK, and stay that way!
Let us know when you'll be here and we'll throw you a picnic like we did for Tex-Taz at Hickory Point.