PDA

View Full Version : 26Zx... BlackHawk?

Woodsy
06-01-2006, 01:35 PM
My appreciation of the BH drive is well known. How do you think one of those would work on a 26Zx?

Woodsy

roadtrip se
06-01-2006, 02:38 PM
From working with Tuvell on his, it appeared that the x-dimension was so high that it could not even get on plane with a mirage. It needed the lift of the bravo one. X-dimension too high for a BH. Strike one.

Secondly, Tuvell's ate drives. The boat is heavy, but it could have been the driver too. Big heavy offshore boat could eat BH. Strike two.

Thirdly, I saw a 26 with a 500 and Blackhawk at the docks at Cumberland three or four years ago. Never saw it run, but he was having technical difficulty, if all of the tools lying around was any indication. Never got to talk to the owner and never saw it run, even though we were there all weekend. BH on a 26ZX with big power has been done, but not sure what happened. Maybe.

What the hell, give it a try!

Mr X
06-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I agree with all of what Todd said.

Surface drives and stepped hulls usually are not compatable, and quite possibly a formula for disaster.
Especially on single engine applications. The back of the boat feels VERY lose
and like it might swap ends on you at any time.
The only saving grace with your idea is that a Blackhawk drive is a counter rotation dual prop drive, so it would cancell out the paddle wheel effect....and steering torque.

As Todd said, the X-dim is soooooo high that I doubt even a shorty drive would be acceptable.

But there is only one way to tell.....if you have a BH drive laying around, bolt it on and try it. You could do the swap in less than 1 hour.

Team Jefe
06-02-2006, 07:51 AM
That boat is already WAY TO FAST for Winnie anyway.....just turn the key and drive it:biggrin:

Besides it better be in good shape for the return of Team Jefe in a few weeks.

Woodsy
06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Jefe...

This BH thing is more like idle daydreaming! The boat is in the water ready to go! I got the hookups workin too... hopefully no lines for us!

Woodsy