PDA

View Full Version : Isp...

dr
06-01-2006, 12:05 PM
It appears that my home computer has been ‘blocked’ by a sports message board…Is there a way to overcome this? And please keep in mind that you ARE dealing with a chimp here it comes to computers…
Thanks

Carl C
06-01-2006, 01:01 PM
My anti-virus program blocks certain sites. Look for a bar near the top of the screen with the site address on it and click on it, then you can tell your 'puter that it is OK to enter the site.

Patti
06-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Sometimes..if a member of that board has had their ISP banned..it can spill over to other members who just might be using that same ISP that was banned.

Your best bet is to try calling the ISP OR emailing the admin of the board and ask if someone with your ISP has been banned etc...

I dont know if it'd be related to an anti virus..but you could check that too..

Good luck finding out! :)

McGary911
06-01-2006, 07:48 PM
This hits close to home. For the longest time, I was blocked from Donzi.net :shocking: Even the HM knew I didn't do anything wrong, but for some reason my IP address was flagged. I had to resort to jumping on my neighbor's wireless network, or to connect to my company's network to gain access.

You may want to contact the folks who run the site. they will be able to tell you if and why your ip address is blocked. to see your ip address, goto start > run >type cmd and in that black box, type ipconfig. that will give you your ip address.

you may also want to try going to a site like http://anonymouse.ws/anonwww.html

and entering your site address there. A bit clunky, but it should get you in.

good luck.

dr
06-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks to all for the information and help.

David