PDA

View Full Version : Need a new seat

Sofa King
05-31-2006, 05:34 PM
After being out twice on my 22 classic i need a new seat. Is there a replacement for the factory with no wrap around arms? I'm a lil on the heavy side 5'10" @ 385. I was hoping I didn't have to go custom fabrication as it can get very pricey.

TY in advance
Arip

need for speed
05-31-2006, 06:02 PM
here we go..:eek!:

DonziJon
05-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey Rip: I guess I got you beat. I'm 5' 9" and 435. I got one of those plastic milk crates bolted down in the middle of the boat cause the trim tabs aren't big enough. The Chicks sit in the back. :beer: John

Sofa King
05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Come on guys.

Sofa King
05-31-2006, 07:03 PM
I know as a kid growing up my dad always had Pompanette on his sport fishers and was curious if they had a chair that would attach.

CHACHI
06-01-2006, 06:04 AM
Hey Rip: I guess I got you beat. I'm 5' 9" and 435. I got one of those plastic milk crates bolted down in the middle of the boat cause the trim tabs aren't big enough. The Chicks sit in the back. :beer: JohnJon, did you have the square 4's seat foam changed? ...............I'm still grinnin'. Ken

Donzigo
06-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Weather report: DUST STORM FORMING IN AUSTIN, TEXAS.

txtaz
06-01-2006, 07:20 AM
All of my fans are on high pointed north from San Antonio. Sorry Reedy, it's headed your way.

Dude, Buy a Bilt Rite and loose 200lbs. You'll be happier in the long run. BTW, skinny rich guys get the hot young girls.

Da Taz

Donzigo
06-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Agreed.................always wondered how President Kennedy's wife, Jackoline, could crawl in bed with Aristotle Onassis...............yup, the rich guys get the famous chicks too.

Patrik Sweden
06-01-2006, 07:42 AM
skinny rich guys get the hot young girls.
Da Taz

Yupp!

Thats right! And most of these guys are from :sweden:

DonziJon
06-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Jon, did you have the square 4's seat foam changed? ...............I'm still grinnin'. Ken

Ken: Picture this: A 435 pounder riding down the road on an Ariel Square 4.....wearing a "thong"...and you're behind him. AWESOME. You probablly can't even see the tailight. Would that be a traffic infraction?? John :yes:

PS: I DO seem to have a little extra time on my hands since I retired. :cool!:

chappy
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Ken: Picture this: A 435 pounder riding down the road on an Ariel Square 4.....wearing a "thong"...and you're behind him. AWESOME. You probablly can't even see the tailight. Would that be a traffic infraction?? John :yes:
PS: I DO seem to have a little extra time on my hands since I retired. :cool!:
LMAO, depends on if I know the trooper who witnesses the incident.:smile:
Thanks for the cracked rib,
Rich

Last Tango
06-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Okay, 'RIP. Try this idea. Rather than buying some ugly and boring aftermarket cheap thing to sit in, you do the total fake and slam. Create a bench seat up front that only goes 3/4 of the distance from the helm side to the other side. You use EXACTLY the same fabric, cushions, trim, and design, as the BACK SEAT. Why the space to port? So you and others can easily move around fore and aft without having to actually climb over the seat. Be sure the end cushions of the front bench curve around to match the back seat cushions. What have you got? Room to spread out, AND your date is snuggled up to you rather than all the way over there by herself in the other front seat. And, quite honestly, you can center yourself up for weight distribution when needed. If you are rich, then the TWO cute skinny Bikini girls you brought along can both join you up there and let one actually drive while you enjoy them both from between. One arm around each.
Think this arrangement is bizarre? Look at some of the older trick Donzi Classics and GT's and Criterions. Lot's of combo seating there. Also, you can get preformed double front seats from many of the catalog's. Beats the heck out of one big one and one small one like the old Lotus Super 7's.

RedDog
06-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Okay, 'RIP. Try this idea. Rather than buying some ugly and boring aftermarket cheap thing to sit in, you do the total fake and slam. Create a bench seat up front that only goes 3/4 of the distance from the helm side to the other side. You use EXACTLY the same fabric, cushions, trim, and design, as the BACK SEAT. Why the space to port? So you and others can easily move around fore and aft without having to actually climb over the seat. Be sure the end cushions of the front bench curve around to match the back seat cushions. What have you got? Room to spread out, AND your date is snuggled up to you rather than all the way over there by herself in the other front seat. And, quite honestly, you can center yourself up for weight distribution when needed. If you are rich, then the TWO cute skinny Bikini girls you brought along can both join you up there and let one actually drive while you enjoy them both from between. One arm around each.
Think this arrangement is bizarre? Look at some of the older trick Donzi Classics and GT's and Criterions. Lot's of combo seating there. Also, you can get preformed double front seats from many of the catalog's. Beats the heck out of one big one and one small one like the old Lotus Super 7's.

Great idea - someone should market this. I could see it asan option you put in as needed and remove for use of the dual buckets when wanted.

gold-n-rod
06-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Somebody already did this. He sold his 16 about 1.5 years ago. Had that same seat made for his boat. It had the wraparound seat. White with blue piping. Do a search.

Last Tango
06-01-2006, 09:28 PM
As I said, my idea was not an original one for a Donzi. Lots of interesting and cool seating permutations out there, and OUR boats easily adapt to these customizations.
'Rip, you need to try this on YOUR boat. I'm 5'10" and 257. I'm a lightweight compared to some of you bigger boys, but my seats fit tight, exactly the way I like a racing seat. Any smaller and I would just rattle around in there like a BB in a boxcar.