PDA

View Full Version : Help choose my gauge mount color

yeller
05-31-2006, 10:58 AM
I'd like to move the gauges for my S/C to a more viewable location. I've decided on these: http://www.trickmarine.net/productdetail.cfm?productid=276
I'll be purchasing 4 and mounting 2 on either side of the steering wheel. I was thinking of yellow (boats' a yellow anniversary ed.) but I'm wondering if the color isn't an exact match, it might look crappy. There's the polished alum as shown. Might look good...kinda match the factory platnium gauge bezels. The other choice is white. Gauges going into the mounts are all white and the boat stripe is white.
What you guys think?

Carl C
05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
On your boat, definately yellow. As long as it's a bright yellow it should match.:yes:

Patrik Sweden
05-31-2006, 11:38 AM
If the yellow colour isn't the exact same as the boat, I think it will look kind of cheezy..

I bought angled bezels for my dashboard..

Ed Donnelly
05-31-2006, 03:12 PM
The polished works for me,and my wife says I have excellent taste:biggrin: ..Ed

p729lws
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
I'd like to move the gauges for my S/C to a more viewable location. I've decided on these: http://www.trickmarine.net/productdetail.cfm?productid=276
I'll be purchasing 4 and mounting 2 on either side of the steering wheel. I was thinking of yellow (boats' a yellow anniversary ed.) but I'm wondering if the color isn't an exact match, it might look crappy. There's the polished alum as shown. Might look good...kinda match the factory platnium gauge bezels. The other choice is white. Gauges going into the mounts are all white and the boat stripe is white.
What you guys think?

Call Fred at Trick and see what he thinks about the color match. Mybe he can get the yellow you need. I've been thinking about a custom set up for my gauge cluster and like your idea. :yes: Let us know even if it doesn't work out well.

Dan

Eugene Nahemow
05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
What you guys think?

I think the gauge pods are going to ruin the line of the deck and of the boat.

This type of setup is used mostly for sk racing boats (v-drives with flat decks) which really don't have any place for a gauge locations.

I would try angled bezels on your existing dash before I would go with this type mount.

Moody Blu'
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
white gauges with chrome bezels would accentuate the stripe

maybe make the gauges hands themselves yellow? i been thinkin about doing that with mine but skyblue.

works for moody

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/beerock69/me%20pics/boat/pict55.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/beerock69/me%20pics/boat/DSCF0128.jpg

boxy
05-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Eugene, your website rocks. There is some amazing work in your portfolio.

yeller
05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
On your boat, definately yellow. As long as it's a bright yellow it should match.I'd like to use the yellow, but because they'll be sitting on a yellow deck, the match will have to be near perfect, or as Patrik says..it'll look cheezy.

The polished works for me,and my wife says I have excellent taste ..EdAnd you're Canadian too. So you'd never steer me wrong. :smile:

white gauges with chrome bezels would accentuate the stripeOk...now I've got votes for all three colors. You guys aren't helping :smile: :D

I think the gauge pods are going to ruin the line of the deck and of the boat.That's a matter of opinion. Catch22 has done a similiar setup and I think it looks awesome. Besides, they will be under the windshield so I don't see how they will affect the line of the deck :confused:

I would try angled bezels on your existing dash before I would go with this type mount.Not possible. I'm not relocating the factory gauges and there is no room left to mount any more gauges there. Currently my S/C gauges are to the right of the steering wheel and very difficult to read at speed. These are extremely important gauges and I need to get them closer to my line of sight.

Ed Donnelly
05-31-2006, 11:46 PM
yeller; Trust me on this. Go with the chrome.
Hell, if it doesn't look perfect,I will be a man about,and swap my boat for yours...Ed

yeller
06-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Yea...you willing to put that in writting. Oh...you just did ^^^^ :smile:

Ed Donnelly
06-01-2006, 12:30 AM
yeller; If it does come down to that, say we swap in Winnipeg,1/2 way for both of us..........Ed

Scott Pearson
06-01-2006, 04:57 AM
Paint them to match the boat exactly......

Thats what I did. No problem at all. Just some prep work and a little color and clear.

Carl C
06-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Paint them to match the boat exactly......
Thats what I did. No problem at all. Just some prep work and a little color and clear. That's a sharp looking dash even if the helm IS on the wrong side:rlol:

Carl C
06-01-2006, 07:19 AM
wrong side? they were lefties long before they were righties... well unless you want to discuss the mistress... she's an original righty... in an era of lefties... :biggrin: My boats have all been righties and it would be REALLY hard to get used to throttling with my left hand.:yes:

sue
06-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Hey Yeller;
My opinion is that the polished aluminum &/or a yellow that was not a 100% match would look horrible. I think that the white would look fantastic. I love my boat, but every time I get in the cockpit there seems to be too much yellow. I think that white gauges would make the dash look great! Just my opinion.
Sue

boxy
06-01-2006, 10:04 AM
My boats have all been righties and it would be REALLY hard to get used to throttling with my left hand.:yes:
I would have thought you'd have lots of practice using either hand .... :hyper:

Ed Donnelly
06-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Carl C; Both my Donzi's LEFT...So There! :hyper: ...Ed