PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Donzi Hornet - Value??

britm3
05-30-2006, 05:54 PM
I am brand new to Donzi's and but I have been looking for a Donzi in the 16ft to 20ft range and recently came across this 19ft 1973 Hornet. It has new upholstery (approx 1.5 yrs old), 350ci motor, penta drives, paint looks to be in great shape, from my automotive experience, it does have noticeable orange peel though. Instruementation works, some wear on the fiberglass behing the rub rails (small spider cracks).
The seller claims it runs well etc, I have found it hard to get an idea of values for this age of boat, so any input would be appreciated, current asking is 11,500. See pics below.
Thanks.
SL

sweet 16 1966
05-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Looks well. Very desireable boat. Not many around.
Concerns before buying are potential soft spots in deck and flooring,
gas tank replacement. Engine and outdrive condition. Stringer and transom potential rot. Paint is not as desireable unless prepped well enough to enjoy years of boating w/o re-painting which is like all elsementioned above; either costly if you are not handy or expensive if not. So much for "condition". Other than that, it would be a very enjoyable boat which will attract much attention where ever it goes.
Buy it and enjoy or give the number to the board. I am sure someone will want it.