PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula 8 - Labor Day Weekend 2006

Forrest
05-30-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm proud to announce once again, that the members of SEADOGs will be presenting the longest running Donzi event in the South: Eufaula 8 over this up coming Labor Day Weekend.

Don't miss this opportunity to bring your Donzi to the great event located on beautiful Lake Eufaula (officially Lake Walter F. George (http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/op/rec/wfg/)) and meet with your good friends and family, and have a great time cranking the RPMs up on this 84 mile long lake.

WHEN: Arrive Friday afternoon/evening, September 1, leave Monday, September 4, 2006

WHERE: This year's the event will be headquartered at Lakepoint State Park and Resort (http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=18) located about 8 miles north of Eufaula, Alabama. We have not yet reserved any rooms at the Lodge at this point, but we intend to do so soon. However, that should not stop you from booking your room as soon - as possible as you should!

This year, among other things, we plan on hosting at cookout / Donzi party at our house on the lake, which is located on the main lake near the "Big Island" at Pataula Creek on the Georgia side. There should be plenty of beaching/mooring/docking/rafting space in front of the house. Water depths will be marked, and a map to the location will be provided for you at the Lodge.

We look forward to seeing you there. Both past and new attendees are always welcome . . . and remember, you can do this Donzi event on a budget since gas is cheaper in Georgia and lodging is cheap at the Lakepoint Lodge!

BigGrizzly
05-30-2006, 07:12 PM
I am ready willing and able so here I come! This year I should have both my Donzis at Eufaula. I have a secret performance driver who will attend this great event. What surprises me is that on this weekend we always seem to be the only boats there. Except for a random semi performance boat once in awhile. This is a great lake for this event or any event.

Forrest
05-31-2006, 09:26 AM
So, if we leave Sunday say 6ish, and drive about 5 hours, I can be back im Miamuh by threeish Monday to head to the game.. Hmmmmmmm.......

I like that kind of thinking, Scott. It would sure be easier if the game was in Tallahassee this year, but in any event, we all sure hope that you can make it.

Last Tango
05-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Okay!!!!!! I couldn't wait. Made my reservation. They still had me in their computer from previous years. $58.00 a night. Still has us as Donzi Boat Club.
I'm bringing the new 22ZX and a boat load of Aye Candy.
See you there, folks!

Cuda
05-31-2006, 07:15 PM
What's the nearest city? I want to see how far it is.

Last Tango
05-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Cuda,
www.Mapquest.com Open the link in Forrest's post to the Lakepoint Lodge. Write down the address. Open the link to Mapquest. Enter the zip code for Lakepoint Lodge... If you put in YOUR address and the Lakepoint Lodge address it will even give you a road map and estimated time to drive there.

Cuda
05-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Looks to be 365 miles, and 6.5 hours. That's about the same as we drove to Marathon last weekend.

Forrest
06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Joe, it's about a quick 2.5 hours north of Tallahassee and a little over 3 hours southwest of Atlanta if you drive easy.

If you are coming in from the south on I-75 North, get off on US 82 and go West until you get to Eufaula, AL, then go north on US 431 to Lakepoint State Park entrance on the right.

The Hedgehog
06-05-2006, 12:06 PM
The Last Real Texan will also be there. We had a blast on this Memorial Day. We went all over the lake. This should be a good event. This is one laid back place to do this. Nice big lake. Pretty scenery and sandy beaches.

For those considering a drive from Atlanta - I usually make it from the Atlanta Airport to Lake Point in 2 hours. I consistently make it from my house at Saint Francis Point to the airport in 2.25 hours. You can do it to Lake Point pulling a boat in 2.5 hours no problem. Only about 20 miles of 2 lane. The rest is easy going.

Texan makes it from Macon in 2 hours 20 min consistently (Pulling a 28 ft boat).

I would host a party but this is about 2 weeks from my wife's due date.

We will have a 16 along as well.

Forrest
06-06-2006, 10:48 AM
The good folks at Lakepoint State Park Lodge have placed 20 rooms at the Lodge on hold until Aug 1, for attendees of Eufaula 8. If you think that you are going to attend, please call the Lodge to reserve you room as soon as you can. These rooms will be available to attendees on a first come first serve basis. It would also be nice if you would let us know that your room reserved either by posting here, or by sending me a PM or an email. That way we will have an idea as to how many rooms are remaining.

When you call, like Mark said, the folks at Lakepoint know us as the "Donzi Boat Club" and that's how they have our rooms held.

Call 1-800-544-5253 or 334-687-8011 to reserve your room.

Still only $58 a night and that includes entrance to the park and unlimited ramp use.

There is plenty of well lit parking for your Donzi and rig within view of your room.

Also worth noting, as of this posting there were some Lakefront "cabins" still available, but NOT ON HOLD. These cabins are brand spankin' new, and they are more like a nice lakefront house than a cabin. If you and your party would like one of these extra nice cabins, you'll need to call the number above for details.

:D And yes Emmo, your suites are being held as well, but you need to call too and give them your CC number.

LKSD
06-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Donzi Kristin here---Please dont laugh at my question. Jay made me ask because he thinks I am being ridiculous. I just made reservations for one of the cottages (Boy they are nice) for Labor Day. However I think we need to get there a day early, did not realize it is a 15hr drive. Hopefully nothing stupid will come up for us or having to much work to get away. I like boating in the south--always warm water and nice weather. I swear we will be 80 or dead before we have any fun again. People always think that if you have your own business you can just take time off anytime you want. Yeah right. Anyway------Here is my dumb question. When I made the reservations I asked about going to the beach or running by our cottage. The woman said be carefull of GATORS! I freaked. I love to swim. CAN YOU SWIM IN THE LAKE THERE OR WILL GATORS GET YOU??? You can tell I am a Yankee. Kristin:confused:

LKSD
06-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Forrest is from FSWho, I'm a Cane.. There will be NO gaters....

Poodle thanks for the no gaters. Puts my mind at ease. However --I am wearing a blonde wig today. I dont get your post neither did Jay. Did we miss something??? Where is FSwho and what is a Cane???

I am probably going to regret asking the question. I am sure I will feel stupid.
:idea:
Kristin

pmreed
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Football, Kristin, college Football.

FSWho = FSU = Florida State University
Cane = Hurricane = University of Miami

Some of these guys take their college ball very seriously.

Phil

ps: the pejorative FSWho designation comes from a non-FSU booster, like maybe a Cane:biggrin: .
and then there are the Gators = University of Florida
There's a fierce intrastate rivalry between these three schools, and not just in football ...basketball, tennis, golf, spelling, underwater basket weaving...you name it
P

LKSD
06-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Football, Kristin, college Football.
FSWho = FSU = Florida State University
Cane = Hurricane = University of Miami
Some of these guys take their college ball very seriously.
Phil
ps: the pejorative FSWho designation comes from a non-FSU booster, like maybe a Cane:biggrin: .
and then there are the Gators = University of Florida
There's a fierce intrastate rivalry between these three schools, and not just in football ...basketball, tennis, golf, spelling, underwater basket weaving...you name it
P

Now the post makes since with the gators (both kinds). Lightbulb just went on. Told you I would feel stupid! :bonk: I am sure Jay will feel stupid as well. Your info. is good to know from a person who picks teams to win based on which team has the hottest guys in the tight pants. Kristin

Last Tango
06-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Okay, don't feel bad. There are a buzzillion college sports junkies down here, some of whom may have actually attended a local community college for a semester or two, yet feel they are alumnus emeritus of the closest major university. However, as close to Tallahassee and the 'Noles (Seminoles - FSU - Florida State University) as we will be, we will actually be in the center of the SEC (South Eastern Conference) and crossing back and forth between the territory of the Dawgs, (Bulldogs = UGA = University of Georgia) and The Tide (Crimson Tide = UA = University of Alabama).
Yes, in fact, there probably are some alligators somewhere in the lake. You are not likely so see any from even a distance. They are not boaters so they stay away from the boating areas.
We also have poisonous snakes. You won't see any of those either.
The lake is very large and very long and very wide. The creatures you are concerned about tend to reside exclusively in the marshy areas. We do not boat or picnic or swim in the marshy areas, not because there are critters there, but because it's tough to get the Donzi's to slog through a foot of weedy mud.
In fact, there is a lovely sandy island we regularly go to out in the middle of the lake (alligators don't go out in the middle of the lake) and you can swim to your hearts content in cool, fresh water without fear. There are regular swimming beaches at the hotel as well, No signs warning about alligator, snake, or shark attacks.
Okay, we beat both of those topics to death. Now come to the event and relax. YOU WILL come back, again.

The Hedgehog
06-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Speaking as one who lives right on Lake Eufaula I can say that alligators are no problem. We have had problems with the Florida Gators on occasion but the Crimson Tide often prevails (a little more football humor)!

My wife comes from Nebraska and at one time thought that we had every evil creature from the Discovery Channel in our front yard. She now finds it funny and gets in the lake all the time. Yes, we do have them but once you get past the causeway you have to go pretty far into the creeks to find them. They have an alligator control officer that removes any big gators that come around the parks. After a long summer of activity, most of them are way up in the wildlife area where you find few people. You probably have a bigger chance of getting struck by lightning than bitten by a gator.

I will try to shoot some pics this weekend from the big island. You will see a nice sandy beach, kids playing in the water, people swimming etc. It is a very laid back place.

LKSD
06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Cool, Thanks.. That should help keep my wife calmer.. jamie

BigGrizzly
06-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Reservations are made. Forest in controle everthing is a go.

Cuda
06-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Debbie has Kyle that weekend, plus she has a family reunion, so I contacted Wayne (OSD) about riding shotgun for me. He's checking his calender, and if both work out, he'll come up with me.

The Hedgehog
06-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Here is a pic. It was taken on my cell phone so the quality is not great. See no Gators. Kids playing and grown ups playing etc. Probably a few Landsharks.

This pic was taken at Rabbit Island. It is a locals hangout near Eufaula. The big island is about 19 miles down. There is a little better water clarity down there and a big sandy beach.

LKSD
06-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the pic.. Im sure she will feel more comfy now.. Jamie :) :)

Forrest
07-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Here is a reminder to anyone considering attending Eufaula 8:

On August 1, 2006, Lakepoint will not continue to hold any unreserved rooms for us. After that date, all unreserved rooms held for us will be released to the general public. If you would think that you would like to attend, please reserve your room before August 1, in order to guarantee that you have a room. If you are on-the-fence, reserve on anyway. You can cancel up until two days in advance of your arrival date with no penalty.

tmdog
07-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Had such a good time at AOTH at Lake Cumberland::) and meeting some fine people. After getting off the phone with Big Grizz, I decided to give Alabama a try. Made reservations this morning. See y'all there. Jim 18C red:hyper:

boldts
07-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Reservation made today. I almost forgot to do this. LOL Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Last Tango
07-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Bolts,
Glad to see you are coming for this! If you are not bringing a boat, no problem, you can ride with me if you can stand a 22ZX.

boldts
07-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Mark, Thank-you very much. I will not be bringing a boat I own, but may have something in the works anyway. I'd love a ride on a 22ZX. Especially after having owned a 22 Classic. I really appreciate the offer and am looking forward to seeing you again, seeing your new boat and meeting the lady in your life. Be safe!

p729lws
07-18-2006, 11:15 PM
What are the noise restrictions on Lake Eufaula? Can I run dry pipes?

Thanks,
Dan

Forrest
07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Anyone please correct me if wrong, but I don't think that there are any noise restrictions on Lake Eufaula. John Shahbas brough Wa-Lo up here a few years back which is has a blown 460 F-word motor with bone-dry pipes. That boat is so loud, when John fired her off after launching, I had to look at the tach in my X-18 to see if my 383 Chevrolet stroker was running or not!

Last Tango
07-19-2006, 08:25 PM
On the water, there are no noise restrictions. However, in the hotel parking lot at 12:30 AM there are a few rules...

BUIZILLA
07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
do the boats stay in the water at night, or come out?

:cool!:

p729lws
07-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks Forrest and Mark. Without noise restrictions I should be in. I just need to double check my schedule.

Dan

Forrest
07-20-2006, 10:16 AM
do the boats stay in the water at night, or come out?
:cool!:

The ramp is near-by, the parking lot is large, well lit, and in front of your room. For that reason, everyone except for Emmo pulls their boat out at night. Also the dock in front of the lodge has a very limited number of slips available ever since they re-configured it to accommodate a dinner cruise boat that is docked their now.

Emmo
07-22-2006, 10:53 PM
OK, we've been there and the most dangerous animal we have seen at the swimming beach is a plastic alligator and a ferocious armadillo (we call 'em possum on the half shell in Alabama). At the boat dock at LakePoint, however, we have seen an alligator almost as big as my 18 and a water mocassin that was interested in the fish bucket that the local anglers had tied to the dock. They didn't bother anybody.

There should be plenty of space to tie up for the night, but gas is cheaper on the trailer than on the lake.

Now, last year, I was the only one that actually drove down and stayed for the weekend. The weather was great and Bill and his crew that live on the lake were nice enough to entertain me. Katrina-like threats or no, everbody needs to show this time!

p729lws
07-24-2006, 11:05 AM
I just made reservations for Friday through Monday. Sounds like rooms are going fast.

Dan

Forrest
07-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Since we're getting close to the end of the month, I figured that I would put this back up:

Here is a reminder to anyone considering attending Eufaula 8:
On August 1, 2006, Lakepoint will not continue to hold any unreserved rooms for us. After that date, all unreserved rooms held for us will be released to the general public. If you would think that you would like to attend, please reserve your room before August 1, in order to guarantee that you have a room. If you are on-the-fence, reserve on anyway. You can cancel up until two days in advance of your arrival date with no penalty.

Also, here is a link to the lake's water level:

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/georfc.htm

190-feet above sea level is where the Corp wants it, but is usually never that high. 187 feet and above are good numbers and for tha reason, you can see that it's a little low now. A few good rains in the Southeast and a little less lawn watering in Atlanta should fix that.

Emmo
07-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Maybe if we could get everybody in Atlanta to flush their toilets....

I'm glad we are going to Lakepoint! The water level there has never been a problem, except for that idiot in the big bayliner. I wish we had video of that!

Forrest
08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I just now check in with the Lodge at Lakepoint and they told me, as of now,they still have rooms available for the Labor day. These rooms are no longer being held for us, but are available on a first come first serve basis.

The water level at the lake has risen over a foot in the last week and we expect it to go to above 188' above MSL.

As of now, it appears the we the following groups attending:

Scott Boldts - Lakepoint
Big Grizzly - Lakepoint
Emmo - Lakepoint
Big Green ZX - local on Alabama side
Last Tango - Lakepoint
Last Real Texan - guest of Big Green ZX
tmdog - Lakepoint
p729lws - Lakepoint
Forrest & Ginny - part time local on Georgia side
Apollo24 - Lakepoint
Mr. X - Lakepoint
Pressure Drop - Lakepoint

Updated 8/24/06

Please let us know if you are going to attend and you are not on this list. I know there there are probabaly a few more attending than is shown here, since there were more rooms rented to "The Donzi Boat Club" than the number groups in the above list.

The Hedgehog
08-05-2006, 09:45 AM
The Last Real Texan is coming.

Last Real Texan
08-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I just now check in with the Lodge at Lakepoint and they told me, as of now,they still have rooms available for the Labor day. These rooms are no longer being held for us, but are available on a first come first serve basis.
The water level at the lake has risen over a foot in the last week and we expect it to go to above 188' above MSL.
As of now, it appears the we the following groups attending:
Scott Boldts
Big Grizzly
Emmo
Big Green ZX
Last Tango
JW
tmdog
p729lws
Forrest & Ginny
Please let us know if you are going to attend and you are not on this list. I know there there are probabaly a few more attending than is shown here, since there were more rooms rented to "The Donzi Boat Club" than the number groups in the above list.
Last real Texan checking in here, add me to the list. I will be there for sure.....
I may be a little bleary eyed as I will be arriving back from Egypt on Thursaday and traveling to Eufala on Friday....I will be staying with the Big green ZX @ his house down by the point that enters to Chewala Creek.
Looking forward to it.

Last Tango
08-05-2006, 06:51 PM
I know that both Memphis, TN and Cairo, MO are on the Mississippi, but I don't think I know where to find Egypt, Alabama.

Last Real Texan
08-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I know that both Memphis, TN and Cairo, MO are on the Mississippi, but I don't think I know where to find Egypt, Alabama.

ROTFLMAO..........
I'm taling about Ciaro Egpyt in the middle east....of course I will be going through Belgium and Amsterdam as well.....................Hope I make it home.....

Bryan

Last Tango
08-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Hmmmm... stopover for three extra days in Amsterdam, or three days in Eufaula... ya gotta be kidding me! Canal street,... REAL blondes... real windmills, or chasing them with Donzi Quixote...

Last Real Texan
08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Hmmmm... stopover for three extra days in Amsterdam, or three days in Eufaula... ya gotta be kidding me! Canal street,... REAL blondes... real windmills, or chasing them with Donzi Quixote...

Yes I he hear you.... I was just there for a week last month, so I have had my fill of real blonds and everything that goes with them. I make this trip 4 times a year , not to worry I will be going back in 2 ,months, anyone want to tag along. I am basically a local when I am there.........Party Party Party.......did some one say Hookah.........just kidding.

I will see you guy @ Eufala.
Bryan

LKSD
08-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Looks like we won't be coming. Figures. :mad: Too many projects that need to be done by Labor Day Weekend. Jay needs to clone himself. One of these days we willl meet all of you. :lookaroun Hopefully before we are to old too boat. Kristin & (Jay)

Forrest
08-08-2006, 11:09 AM
That's too bad, we were sure looking forward to meeting you guys. I know how it is when it comes too many projects. I been so busy this summer, I haven't had a chance to even test run the Magnum this summer. I hope to pick it up from my sister's house near Live Oak, FL, and take it up to the lake sometime in the next two weeks.

Maybe you guys can make it next year when the 'Poodle and other U of Miamuh fans will most surly appear since the UM vs FSU opener will be only two hours from Eufaula in Tallahassee. :yes:

LKSD
08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
That's too bad, we were sure looking forward to meeting you guys. I know how it is when it comes too many projects. I been so busy this summer, I haven't had a chance to even test run the Magnum this summer. I hope to pick it up from my sister's house near Live Oak, FL, and take it up to the lake sometime in the next two weeks.
Maybe you guys can make it next year when the 'Poodle and other U of Miamuh fans will most surly appear since the UM vs FSU opener will be only two hours from Eufaula in Tallahassee. :yes:

Yes.. Sorry guys :( We were looking Fwd to meeting all of you as well.. Hopefully next time we will be able to make it.. Jamie & Kristin

Cuda
08-19-2006, 10:41 PM
My schedule is looking better by the day to make it. In the off chance that the lodge if full when, and if I book, are there other spots to stay nearby? I'm trying to line up a wingman right now, since my number one boat mate has a family reunion that weekend. She has given me permission to borrow her boat. :)

Forrest
08-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Bring it on, Joe! The lake level is up and geting higher. Also, there are a number of motels in the town of Eufaula, AL. Maybe our very own Eufaula local Donzi member, Mr. BIG GREEN ZX, can make an altenate recomendation in town if the lodge is full.

apollo24
08-21-2006, 11:00 AM
I just called the lodge and they have 9 rooms left for the weekend.

Forrest
08-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Now that Eufaula 8 is only 11 days away, I will be looking to get a final head count before next Tuesday (8/29), so that we can plan on the Saturday afternoon picnic and the Sunday evening BBQ at our house on the Lake. For that reason, please send me a PM or an email or post here before next Tuesday to let me know how many are in your party. After next Tuesday, I will be at the lake getting ready for the Eufaula 8 and will not have access to the Internet.

Contributions toward the food and drinks for both events will be accepted.

We thought that since we're located on the lake less than two miles from the "Big Island", and we have plenty of beaching/rafting/anchoring/dock space in front of the house, that it would make a good place to do the afternoon picnic and gathering.

Ginny and I will be at the Lodge on Friday afternoon to meet folks and hand out maps of the lake showing where we, the Big Island, and other points of interest are located.

As for the Sunday farewell BBQ dinner, I plan on North Carolina style pulled pork and chicken, as well as all the other traditional fixin's.

Now how can you turn that down!

BigGrizzly
08-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Forrest,
Barb and I and Scott Bolts plan on arriving at the log Friday after noon early. Alonge with the maps could you bring GPS corrdinants for thoes of us who can't follow directions. This will be a great event again! Sorry for thoes who can't make it.

apollo24
08-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Forrest,

It's looking like Carrie and I will be arriving late Friday night, probably around midnight. I presume that we will catch up with the group Saturday morning somewhere. Is there any way to post a lake map of the rendesvous area, or shall I just listen for noise!?! :wink:

Forrest
08-23-2006, 10:47 AM
You will be in good hands Saturday morning as the group always meets in the Lakepoint Lodge dining room for breakfast and you can't miss all the Donzis in the parking lot. I promise you, you won't be alone unless you sleep late! If you do, I'll make sure that you have my cell number and GPS coordinates to the island.

Scott, we'll put you in charge of the chicken!

Mr X
08-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Forrest, what is the water level? Are stumps on issue?
Is that end of the lake marked well?

Forrest
08-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Ted, today the water level is 187.55 feet above mean sea level. The Army Corp expects this level to maintain through the next two weeks. Normal pool is 190 feet. We haven't seen 190' at all this year. The year that you attended, when we held the Eufaula event at George T. Bagby State park in the Georgia side, the level was about 186.5. We consider somewhere around 188-feet or so to be ideal since when it goes much higher than 189', the beaches disappear.

Stumps can be a problem if you wander outside of the channel into areas unknown. I recommend that you run the channel except when heading to the Island or to my dock. In those cases, I will mark a deep water route on the chart hand-out. Generally, when the channel runs closer to the Alabama side than the Georgia side, the water is quite deep well outside of the channel and especially on the Alabama side of the channel. Always pay attention to the channel markers, especially when entering or leaving Lakepoint.

Mr X
08-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Cool! We are sure gonna try to make it!

Last Tango
08-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Nice! Very Nice! I'm glad to hear you and Mrs. X are comming.

Mr X
08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Does anyone have a Garmin GPS CD that shows the navigation markers for the lake?
I have checked my waterways and lights CD and the Bluechart CD
and neither one shows them for Eufaula.....it sure would be nice to load the markers into the gps.

apollo24
08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Quick question: are there some good bars/nightlife in the area? I have a friend who needs to be shown a good time (he's had a rough time- fiance just jumped ship). I think he'd enjoy the wknd and I am trying to talk him out of going to the beach boatless. Thoughts?

Last Tango
08-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Hmmm. Well, Green ZX may have a line on where to take care of your buddy.

Mr. X, Mr. X, Mr. X. We don't need no stinkin' GPS's. As I recall, you are a large tonnage Coast Guard Licensed Captain. Remember... Red Right Return... Markers on inland waterways look very similar to those offshore rigs you call buoys. Only lot's smaller.
Charts, and an ability to distinguish a Nun from a Can. :boat:
GPS... geez
I'll hang on your port quarter and keep an close eye on Kathy while you search for the marks.

The Hedgehog
08-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Quick question: are there some good bars/nightlife in the area? I have a friend who needs to be shown a good time (he's had a rough time- fiance just jumped ship). I think he'd enjoy the wknd and I am trying to talk him out of going to the beach boatless. Thoughts?

Hmm. That is tough.

We have a few local bars. The girl that cuts my hair is a hottie that works at one of them. The crowd there is variable. I will ask her about the other. She may be riding on the Big Green ZX with one of my friends. Personall, I try to stay out of the scene as my wife is over 8 mos preg and would not think it is funny if I stayed out all the time.

I will keep you posted.

The Hedgehog
08-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Does anyone have a Garmin GPS CD that shows the navigation markers for the lake?
I have checked my waterways and lights CD and the Bluechart CD
and neither one shows them for Eufaula.....it sure would be nice to load the markers into the gps.

I use the Garmin inland waterway map program (US Reacreational Lakes w/ Fishing Hot Spots). It has everything.

Navigation is very easy below the causeway. I will be happy to advise.

I will say that you need to watch your P's and Q's as you approach and leave Forrest's place. It is not a big deal but better done off plane.

Last Tango
08-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Forrest,
I will be injecting CASH into the resources of the picnic food bank for this event. I am traveling alone this time. Seems like enough folks will be coming sans boat so I won't be alone all weekend.

Also, I am also providing the "tech session" portion of the weekend (as long as YOUR boat keeps running). I have a Bravo 1 24P prop coming and I will be trying that out against the Bravo 1 22P prop that came with the boat. I have a prop wrench, but you might want to bring one anyway since I know how everyone likes to "play" when something like this happens. I'm thinking that Saturday morning after the traditional breakfast social we can all slide out to the parking lot and observe/participate in a prop change.

Mr X
08-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Forrest,
I will be injecting CASH into the resources of the picnic food bank for this event. I am traveling alone this time. Seems like enough folks will be coming sans boat so I won't be alone all weekend.
Also, I am also providing the "tech session" portion of the weekend (as long as YOUR boat keeps running). I have a Bravo 1 24P prop coming and I will be trying that out against the Bravo 1 22P prop that came with the boat. I have a prop wrench, but you might want to bring one anyway since I know how everyone likes to "play" when something like this happens. I'm thinking that Saturday morning after the traditional breakfast social we can all slide out to the parking lot and observe/participate in a prop change.

That might be a very complicated procedure! Count me in for any help on that Mark. I can bring the Mercury service manual for referance.

It looks like we will be bringing a mystery guest (board member)and his girlfriend as well.
Forrest add 4 to the head count please! :)

Forrest
08-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Great, Mr X! We look forward to seeing you!

Last Tango
08-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Requesting GPS coordinates for channel markers on Lake Eufaula = Inviting a team of mechanics to participate in a prop change.:yes:

apollo24
08-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah, ask me about trying to follow a GPS route in a channel that has floating channel markers maintained by the C of E. Let's just say that we ended up with a 6000 lb. boat in 6 inches of water, surrounded by alligators. No fun. I asked a local the next time around how they navigated that channel and I was told to "keep my eyes off the f&*&^% screen and look where I am going." I kept it between the markers again, off plane, and got stuck again. Turned out that the channel markers had been moved completely, who knows how and why. I'll make sure I follow you locals this time! :wink:

Forrest
08-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Actually, since Lake Eufaula borders two states and since the channel is considered a commercial waterway, the USCG maintains these markers. The markers seem to be pretty stable, but they just seem awfully small when you are trying to locate the next pair with wind in your eyes!

Mr X
08-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Actually, since Lake Eufaula borders two states and since the channel is considered a commercial waterway, the USCG maintains these markers. The markers seem to be pretty stable, but they just seem awfully small when you are trying to locate the next pair with wind in your eyes!
EXACTLY!!!
We are looking forward to seeing you all!

apollo24
08-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Guys,

I just booked our room; there's one more room left in the lodge and one cabin just opened up, fyi.

We look forward to seeing all of you next weekend!

Mr X
08-26-2006, 07:34 AM
I hope this fizzels out.

Last Tango
08-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Well, as long as it actually holds that track, it should be no big deal for us all the way over to the east on the Georgia/Alabama border up by the squiggle. Amazing really how pleasant things have been so far this year as far as bad weather. This is Ernesto, number 5, for the year. Last year this coming weekend was Katrina, number 11 for the the year.

Mr X
08-26-2006, 05:36 PM
It just keeps getting worse!

BigGrizzly
08-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Forrest incase youdidn't see my other post I will be ther with two boats. Corsican and Criterion, my wife Barb and Scott Bolts. My son Andrew may come too ,if he has no tests the next week.

Last Tango
08-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Ted,
This morning's NHC predicted track looks better for Eufaula, but real ugly for you and me. First through your yard, and then through mine. I'm gonna wait until the last possible moment before I decide to cancel. But I am gonna fill the gas cans today for the generator.

Mr X
08-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Ted,
This morning's NHC predicted track looks better for Eufaula, but real ugly for you and me. First through your yard, and then through mine. I'm gonna wait until the last possible moment before I decide to cancel. But I am gonna fill the gas cans today for the generator.

Great minds think alike!
I just got back from doing the same thing!

I will not cancell untill the last possible second as well.

Forrest
08-28-2006, 09:26 AM
. . . and now it's looking better for not only Eufaula, but the Tampa Bay area and Tango-ville as well. At this point, I wish that I could say the same for Cuda-ville. But, with a little luck Ernesto may continue to push to the east and not threaten Florida at all. :crossfing

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT05/refresh/AL0506W5_sm2+gif/115600W_sm.gif

I remember all too well getting my waterfront ghetto house on the Gulf flooded with 26" of seawater from Hurricane Dennis last year. I'm still working on that one.

Mr X
08-28-2006, 10:36 AM
I have started breathing again!
See ya there.:crossfing

Cuda
08-28-2006, 01:09 PM
I hope it does come through as a tropical depression. Lord knows we need the rain.

Last Tango
08-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, at least Tango-ville is now on the "good" side of Ernesto, ITIS.
As long as the juice stays on here, I'm a for-sure. I can't leave Nancy here all by herself all weekend with no electricity. And she is not the generator operator. But the latest track looks very good and certainly looks EXCELLENT for Eufaula.

Forrest
08-28-2006, 03:29 PM
With a little luck, it may just miss 'Poodle-land as well!

Grizz, you may be the first guy to bring two Donzis to an event!

apollo24
08-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Guys, I am sick. Some stuff just came up at work and I am going to be tied up this wknd. I had my boat gone through and replaced all the bearings and one hub on my trailer, ready for the trip. I even had the girl pysched up for her first Donzi event.

If anything changes, I am THERE. Otherwise I will try to make the next closest event. :bonk:

Forrest
08-30-2006, 11:36 AM
We're heading out to the Lake Eufaula in a few minutes, and for that reason, I will not have access to the Internet and Donzi.net. If you would like to contact me, please call my cell phone at 850-508-0011. If I miss your call, try again. Cell phone reception is in and out at the around lake.

I look forwared to seeing you there!

We're going to miss you Ben.

The Hedgehog
08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Guys, I am sick. Some stuff just came up at work and I am going to be tied up this wknd. I had my boat gone through and replaced all the bearings and one hub on my trailer, ready for the trip. I even had the girl pysched up for her first Donzi event.
If anything changes, I am THERE. Otherwise I will try to make the next closest event. :bonk:

That is no good. I hate it when that happens. I even had a few local night spots lined up for your recently jilted friend.

Mr X
09-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Hello from Eufaula!

Mr X
09-02-2006, 07:01 PM
That damn pesky gator's still hangin round I see! Have fun gang, wish I was there..
Setup a gallery for you in the photo section :) :)

You are missed!

Cuda
09-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Damn, I'm bitter I didn't go. I tried three different people for a wingman. I ended up going to Palatka with Deb's family. I actually went to test run the Minx. I think I have finally got it all together.

I already told Debbie to tell her family she's going to miss next year's reunion, 'cause we are going to Alabama!

Mr X
09-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Here are some photos!

Mr X
09-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Still more!

Team Jefe
09-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Looks liek the DOGs partied like Rock Stars...as usual:wink:

X man, thanks for the pics:yes:

Cuda
09-05-2006, 10:08 AM
I enjoyed the pics, thanks.

pressure drop
09-05-2006, 11:01 AM
All I can say is WOW! What a great time. This was our first event and we had a blast.:yes: I had the smallest/slowest boat and the crew was nice enough to even let me catch up and pass :hyper: The chine walking I was doing was to fun. I guess I have the "Classic 16" dialed in correctly. 55.3 (gps) was our best and that was two people, 21 gallons of fuel and some cold drinks aboard. Not bad for a 4.3LX.
I want to thank Forrest for your graceious hospitality!,
Mr. X, Last Tango, Big Grizzly, Emmit?, Boldtz, P729lws and the wives for making the wife and I feel welcome.
I would also like to say thanks to the special guest for not eating anyone while we played in the lake. that would be WALLY. :anchor:
Going to try and make the "hometown event" If my boss will let me off work!:bonk: :smash:

Last Tango
09-05-2006, 11:08 AM
It was AWESOME!
The "fun" began for me when I got on the road from Jacksonville, and Mr X. called from St. Pete so see how I was doing on progress and if we were anywhere close to meeting up along the way. Well, we were crossing paths, but he was an hour behind me and taking the direct route, while I had selected the scenic route. So we checked in with each other every once in a while. In Tallahasse I stopped for gas and, as I was leaving, came out of the gas station side-by-side with Pressure Drop and wife, on their way up, taking the scenic route. And he conveniently had his business advertised on the back window of his truck, so I called and we chatted as we drove.

9 Donzi's and a Magnum. That's a pretty good showing. And very diverse selection. Pressure Drop and their Sweet 16, Bolts brought Big Grizzley's 18 Corsican, Big Grizzley brought his 22 Criterion, Emmo brought his Barrel Back, P729LWS (turns out his screen name has something to do with Miata's or something) brought his 22C "Disturbing the Peace", I had my 22ZX, then a pair of 27ZX from GreenZX and Last Real Texan, and Mr. X with his 28ZX Scorpion, and Forrest had his candy cane Magnum.
Forrest and Ginny hosted us for lunch cookout on Saturday and big dinner on Sunday evening. The weather was fine most of Saturday, but finally rained on us as we tied up at Forrests dock. Sunday was totally perfect weather all day.
Nobody hit any stumps outside the channel. Water was high and warm and fresh. Mr. and Mrs. X brought "Big Al" from their swimming pool and terrorized the local beachies with him.
Forrest cooked burgers and 'dogs on Saturday afternoon at his place on the hillside of the lake, while we all drip-dried from the storm that hit as we docked. Since we were all just out of the lake and were still wet anyway, it didn't matter. Ginny handed out warm dry beach towels and T-shirts to everyone. They were absolutely the BEST hosts! Thanks, Forrest and Ginny!

Eufaula 10 is scheduled for next year. Same time, same place. Fair warning!

pressure drop
09-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Eufaula 10 is scheduled for next year. Same time, same place. Fair warning!

Has Eufaula 9 already pasted? :confused:

Mr X
09-05-2006, 01:50 PM
It was GREAT seeing everyone! And making new friend's "Pressure Drop and his wife", with the screaming 16, and Dan, with his smokin "Disturbing the peace" 22 that hauls ass!
Scott Boldts driving that beautiful Corsican, and Randy and his wonderfull wife in the "Critter", YES IT WAS THE FATEST BOAT THERE......PERIOD!
Mark, in the worlds nicest looking 22ZX.
"Emmo" with his friend John......who by the way, got him interisted in Donzi's
back in the day.
And a special thank you to Forrest and Ginny for everything! :beer:

It is my understanding that Lakepoint is closing in December for complete a renovation. Only cabins will be available during that time.

Maybe Bagby next year??

p729lws
09-05-2006, 02:24 PM
That was definitely a big time! :) You don’t get to run out in front of this group for too long before you get hunted down by Mr X or the Big Grizz. :yes: I’m still grinning thinking about those runs. I’ll post my photos of the weekend tonight.
Later,
Dan

Last Tango
09-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Actually,
I was thinking just the opposite for next year. I think we ought to plan way ahead and nail down all those waterfront cottages for next year. I'll take #16. Plenty of parking, and we can party!!!!! Not that we were in any way inhibited in the past.

Mr X
09-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Well, I was thinking that too, I am in for a waterfront cottage.
I just dont know how many others would be.
But I almost booked a water front cottage yesterday when we were leaving!
Count me Inn!! Get it? ....INN.......?

p729lws
09-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I tried to get one of the water front cabins this year but they were all ready booked. I'm in for next year if we want to start reserving them now.

Last Tango
09-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Sounds like we are building a consenus here. Let's see who else chimes in during the next couple days. If we get the group to generally agree, I'm totally INN. Forrest will obviously be at his place. And GreenZX at his with Last Real Texan. So, we should pole Grizz and if he agrees to the cottages, we let this years' slackers know the plan (PMReed, Cuda, JW, Madpoodle, Apollo24, etc.) And "Book 'em, Dano."
I'm sure we aren't the only ones thinking this. All the other folks that go there every year will be getting in line for a cottage or a cabin as well. We should be quick on this and not wait.

BigGrizzly
09-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Boldts from the Grizz's place still. Pictures will be a couple days away from me as yes, I'm still using s 35mm get developed on a disk camara. Eufaula was everything this 45 soon to be 46 year old male needed. I got to use and drive Randy's 18' Corsican and man did I have fun! The boat has a 351 Cleveland in it with power trim and steering that makes it like driving a sports car on rails. Can't thank Forrst, Ginny and the couple who was with them (sorry, I just can't remember your names. Forrest, help me here please.) enough for not only the food cooking and presentation, but their hospitality to a bunch of dripping wet boaters. How you all found your home is beyond me, but what a treasure!

Everyone who attended were outstanding and willing to do whatever another person needed to make their day sucessfull. Fitting 9 people into 2 vehicles Sunday night so that everyone didn't have to drive and find Forrest's home was just one example. Cayman, if I ever get a week to do diving and or offshore fishing in FL, I'm looking you up! I hope maybe you can bring your 16' Classic up to Kentucky some year and run in fresh water with us on Lake Cumberland. Mark, your experience in racing and places you've been because of it are fantastic! I could sit around and listen or talk about that stuff all night. You also own one of the most beautiful 22ZX boats I've ever seen. The graphics on your boat would make any blue Donzi boat fan jealous with envy. Dan, nothing like a 22 Classic just loping along out of the marina. Your Classic looks and runs very nicely! Ted, where do I start? You were a great lead boat on the trips to our various points during the weekend. Not to mention the photos you have taken and posted here. The 28ZX Scorpion is beautiful and compliments Kathy your first mate superbly. You know you both are always welcome to come run with us in Kentucky in which ever Donzi you care to bring. What a picture library this man has on his PC!

Heading back to Columbus, OH later tonight, so I should have my pictures in a couple days there after.

Also, a very special thank-you to a registry member. You all know him as Big Grizzly. His name is Randy Carabelli and he has done for me what only a best friend could do for anyone. Yes, I was able to help him with a couple projects around his home while visiting, but the last 2 weeks for me have been great! I've been able to put my life into order within my head. Some of you may know I'm in a very tough divorce proceeding right now that involves my daughter who is 9. She is the world to me right now and while a Donzi would be a joy to have again, it doesn't compare to daddy's little girl.

Thank-you Randy for the opportunity to ride in and drive a Donzi again. I'll never forget possibly the best vacation I've ever experienced!

pressure drop
09-05-2006, 05:02 PM
OK here's the deal-e-o! I just booked lake cottage 30 for the wife & I so I hope we are going to Lakepoint again! I reserved Aug 31(friday)-Sept. 3 (monday) Can't wait I may even have a new toy then..(don't tell my wife I typed that):happy_bi:

Cuda
09-05-2006, 05:10 PM
OK here's the deal-e-o! I just booked lake cottage 30 for the wife & I so I hope we are going to Lakepoint again! I reserved Aug 31(friday)-Sept. 3 (monday) Can't wait I may even have a new toy then..(don't tell my wife I typed that):happy_bi:
Are those the dates? I want to book now, and come hell or high water.

pressure drop
09-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Just got off the phone again with Lakepoint. The waterfront COTTAGES not cabins are numbers 23-30. I have already reserved cottage 30... That means 7 lakefront cottages left. (1) one bedroom (2) two bedrooms, (2) 3bedrooms & (2) 4 bedrooms...Better get it now if the resort is doing remodeling! Of course there will also be cabins, this is just "lakefront cottages"..

http://www.alapark.com/parks/feature.cfm?parkid=18&featureid=32

pressure drop
09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Cuda that is the date I have for Labor day and the lady (Mary) at lakepoint verified that..

p729lws
09-05-2006, 05:39 PM
OK, here are a few shots from Saturday morning before breakfest...

p729lws
09-05-2006, 05:54 PM
A few from the ramp after breakfest...

p729lws
09-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Time to go...

p729lws
09-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Found Forrest on the way to the island...

Forrest
09-05-2006, 06:07 PM
What a great turn-out for Eufaula 8! Ted and Kathy pulling that beautiful 28Scorpion all the way up from St Pete. Big Grizz - bigger than ever, a 100 lbs lighter, and faster than ever. Kaman and Deneen (Pressure Drop), new to the Donzi world with their recently acquired immaculate Sweet 16. Dan with his appropriately named, "Disturbing the Peace", 22 Classic. Mark "never at loss for words" Laslo in sporting around in the last 22 ZX ever made. Emmo, who is now the ONLY person to never miss a Eufaula Labor Day event, brought his 18 2+3, but chose to sport with Mark due to a technical issue with his outdrive. I'm sure was a smart decision. Finally, Scott Boldts, yes, the Scott Boldts, master of the Donzi event of all Donzi events - AOTH - and founder of the Mid-West Donzi club was present and was at the helm of Big Grizzly's ultra-rare and fast 18 Donzi Corsican. Thank you Scott for attending our annual event, and a special thanks to everyone else who attended.

Without these great people, this event would not the event this it has become. It always great to see familiar faces and to meet new people with an interest in Donzi boat as well other Aronow founded hulls. Ginny and I had a heck of a lot of fun and we will be hosting Eufaula 9 again next year. We may not run the most polished event, but we always have a great time!

Note to U of Miami fans and 'poodles who did not attend because they decided to go to the game instead of Eufaula 8: I guarantee you would have had more fun with us at Eufaula 8 than watching your 'Canes loose to FSU. :bonk:

Also, be sure to check out the Eufaula 2006 photo gallery (http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=598). I have posted a few pics there and will post more later tonight and tomorrow. You folks who took pictures at Eufaula 8 please load up this gallery.

Thank you again for making this a great event!

Cuda
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Had I only known we had NO offense, nor offense coaching staff :boggled: :bonk: :banghead:
That was a pretty lousy game, no matter who you were rooting for I thought.

BigGrizzly
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I can't say enougth, everone has said it first. Ted has one of if not the finest 28ZX I have ever seen and is as good looking Kathy. Mark has the best looking 22ZX I have ever seen well done grafics but not over done. Forest and Ginny and their friends did everything to make us feel confortable and feed us Royally. Scott Bolts and I talked about the event all day today. The good part for me is I felt better physically than I have in 10 months. What good friends and good boats can do for you. Everyone helped loading and unloading boats. We got 7 boats out and on the trailers in 15 minutes. I was hooking the winch line in the Corsican and all of a sudden it was winched on the trailer, what a day. In case no one knows Pressure Drop is a real Master Captin too! He and his wife are great, you guys are welcome in my house anytime! I'm thinking we ought to get a Lake Lanier get together, I'm going to look into this!! My wife and I had a tremendous time!!:) BTW I'm in for next year I'm in for the lake front cottage too, don't want to miss it!

BigGrizzly
09-06-2006, 08:45 AM
I just reserved a lake side cottege for labor day. I' am deffinately INN:) :) ! I like lakepoint State park the ramps are good and it is in the center of the lake. Bagly has a horrible ramp.

Mr X
09-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Awesome! I just did the same thing! We are INN! :wink:

Last Tango
09-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I am INN as well. My confirm is already in the mail to me.
Looks like THAT was a very easy decision for everyone involved! WOW!
And I still get one of those warm sighs of happiness when I reflect on the past weekend and how much fun we had.
Oh, yeah.

Cuda
09-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Can someone post the number, and any other pertinent information? I want to reserve today too. :)

Last Tango
09-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Cuda,
Very first post on this thread on page one has a hyperlink to the Lakepoint State Park and Resort which includes all the phone numbers and the details about the location and pricing. We are all reserving in the Lake Front COTTAGES. NOT the CABINS. Distinct difference.
You and Debbie will be VERY happy with the accommodations.
Or.... click here...
http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=18

Cuda
09-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks Mark. As soon as Debbie gets home, I'm having her make reservations for that, and the Hometown Rally today.

BigGrizzly
09-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Phone number to the lodge is 334-687-8011. Dates are arriving on Friday August 31 2007 and departing on Monday September 3 2007. There are cabins and lakeside Cotteges. So far we are in the lake side cotteges.

Cuda
09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
A day late and a dollar short.:mad: The only cottages they have left are 3 bedroom, and four bedrooms, at $195 a night, and $250 a night.:( Any other options?

Emmo
09-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the ride! That is one sweet 22ZX! Does anyone have a nice Volvo 290 for sale?

Last Tango
09-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Cuda,
No problem. They also have Cabins just a hair up the road on the same property and they are even LESS expensive than the Cottages. Call for one of those. Ted and Kathy booked one for THIS year.

Cuda
09-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Cuda,
No problem. They also have Cabins just a hair up the road on the same property and they are even LESS expensive than the Cottages. Call for one of those. Ted and Kathy booked one for THIS year.
Is it at the same place? They said that's all they will have available due to construction.

Last Tango
09-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Cabins are literally within crawling distance of the cottages (just in case the party really kicks into high gear). Same place. I believe all the construction is going to be in the immediate vacinity of the Lodge, which is 1/2 mile around the curve from the Cabins and Cottages. Cottages are on the water. Cabins are just a teeny weeney bit up the hill from the water. Get a Cabin. Those are relatively new and shouldn't be under construction. But I guess you should ask to be certain.

pressure drop
09-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Lets see if my video works.. I'm clueless about this stuff:bonk:
http://media.putfile.com/Eufaula8-0002

Mr X
09-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Damn! That was about the coolest thing I have seen anyone do with event photos!!
NICE JOB!!

pressure drop
09-07-2006, 06:44 AM
MP,
You have a PM:lifeprese

Last Tango
09-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Good Grief! What an amazing video! WOW! VERY nice job. And I totally agree with Mr. X - that is the finest event review on the board. WOW!

BigGrizzly
09-07-2006, 09:11 AM
PD that was great. It will make everone wish they had come to the event. You do great work. I wish it was labor day weekend all ov er again.

Forrest
09-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Ooooooh! That was great!

And please, don't forget to copy your Eufaula 8 photos as well as those posted in this thread to the Donzi.net Photo Gallery's Eufaula 2006 folder. That way they don't become lost as this thread starts to fade into the sunset. Here is a link to the Eufaula 2006 Photo Gallery:

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=598

Again, many thanks to all the good Donzi folks who turned out to make this event better than ever. We sure had a great time and look forward to the next.

So-long from beautiful lake Eufaula until next year, when we will again host the Annual Labor Day Weekend Donzi Event - Eufaula 9 - in 2007.

Forrest
09-08-2006, 03:47 PM
My first Donzi post - actually, I had to get the last word in after Forrest, just like I do at home:eek!: Seriously, I just wanted to reiterate what everyone else has said, I have been to a few Eufaula events before, but this was the best ever. It was great seeing old faces again (that doesn't sound right?!) Ted and Kathy, we have Al safe for next time around (sorry Barbara, he WILL be back!) Randy, you looked great, glad you're back in the swing. Mark, I enjoyed your story of Scuppers the Sailor Dog, and Dan, I enjoyed our long dog conversation in the kitchen (get another dog, yours needs a buddy!:yes: It was nice to see others from Tallahassee, Kaman and Deanine, maybe we'll see you locally sometime down at the coast here or in town. Scott, it was a pleasure seeing you again, hope things get better for you, and Emmett, maybe we'll have the big Magnapans at the lake next year!

As Forrest said, we look forward to hosting Eufaula 9 (we'll be sure to stock up on the t-shirts and towels just in case, sounds like we may have a bigger crowd next year!). Happy boating to you all.

Oh, and since I don't get on here very often, I have to just ask Madpoodle, Miami who?? (sorry).

Ginny

Cuda
09-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Very cool picture show!

boldts
09-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Kamen - That video is fantastic! What a way to not only show those that couldn't make it, but those that did a replay of a great weekend! I enjoyed being in the company of such a wonderful group of people and boats. Sure hope I can do it again next year.

pressure drop
09-10-2006, 12:30 PM
this clears up the new Alabama Boating Laws I was speaking of... I didn't read line one to closesly..

http://www.outdooralabama.com/boating/new%20laws-regulations.cfm

So I do believe we'll have a good showing in 2007!