PDA

View Full Version : Hit & Run !!! We need Your Help !!!

SHARKEYMARINE
05-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Date; May 29th, 2006 Memorial Day
Time: 2:30pm - 3:00pm
Boat Last Seen: Heading north toward Seaside Bridge / Toms River

Size: 38ft - 40ft
Make: Silverton (or similar type boat)
Type of Boat: Sportfish Convertible Fly Bridge
Name on Transom: Fishin Mission

Fishin Mission was last seen driving through the mooring buoys located at the Waters Edge restaurant. The boat cut several mooring buoy lines on other boats moored there and caused tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to several boats.

Fishin Mission never stopped and ignored the multitude of people yelling from the dock.

If you have know of this boat, the boat's owner or where it is kept, please email njppc@aol.com or contact the NJ State Police Pt. Pleasant station @ 732-899-5050.

ANY AND ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.

Thank you for your help!

SHARKEYMARINE
05-30-2006, 03:57 PM
I think they may have found him.

The owner of one of the boats that was severely damaged was called today. But I guess until they see the bottom of the suspect's boat, they wouldn't say much more on the subject.

I saw pics of one of the boats today. :(

From what it looks like, the guy must have driven right over the transom of the moored boat. :mad:

Arneson drives destroyed, props wrecked, steering clevis bolts sheared in half. :eek: The boat was literally pulled around 180 degrees from its mooring from what I was told. :(

It was fortunate that it was tied to one of the closer moorings to the dock, so when it broke the mooring line the wind blew it right to the dock. But not until it rubbed another boat on the way in...
What a mess. :( :( :(

I am sure glad no one was hurt.

Let's hope the authorities can find enough evidence to charge the guy!

Sofa King
05-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Iffin the guy is smart he'll report his boat stolen

SHARKEYMARINE
05-30-2006, 05:09 PM

If he was smart, this wouldn't have happened in the first place.... :(

Mr X
05-30-2006, 06:00 PM

Are any of the moderators even watching comments like this?

Someone needs to ban this ASSWIPE! :confused:

Sofa King
05-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Dat's not nice

Donzigo
05-30-2006, 06:53 PM
.............I can almost feel that dust storm forming.................and this guy blows away...............in a blink of an eye.

tiger lily
05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
i just dont even read those comments anymore, its not worth the time of day..

Sofa King
05-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Me neither Ms. Lily

farmer tx
05-30-2006, 11:50 PM
:fire:

boldts
05-31-2006, 01:57 AM
Aronowrip,

What's your deal guy? You seem to have arrived on the Registry while a lot of the members here were attending the Midwest Donzi Club's gathering at Lake Cumberland. I didn't fully understand some of the comments from Registry members that were posted towards you, but in the week since returning from the gathering, I'm beginning to see why so many are having a problem with your comments.

Most of the people who visit and participate by offering their experience to other boaters here on the Registry are like family to other Registry members. If we can help someone, we do. Even you if you need help.

In this post, we had a respected person (Sharkey) ask the Registry members for help in locating a boat or owner who may have been drunk or maybe ill from some medical reason who with there sport fishing boat ran over another boaters boat causing tremendous damage. What if the boat hit had been your boat. What if an innocent person had been killed due to this person? Great amounts of money invested in a boat with numerous high performance parts destroyed by someone who just kept going after hitting the boat. Wouldn't you want help in finding the person responsible if your boat had been hit?

You use a user name with the word Aronow in it. The Midwest Donzi Club honored Mr. Don Aronow this year at our gathering. The man single handedly built the offshore boat world as it is known today. Offshore performance boats are called Cigarette boats by the public even if the boat is not built by Cigarette. Mr. Aronow raced the boats his companies built. It is my believe that by making comments like the ones I've read over the last week is a tremendous dishonor to a great man. It is your right to use any user name you wish, but I believe you would be better to choose a different user name.

Maybe your sense of humor is just being mis-interpreted. It's happened before here because all we can do is read your words. We're not in your head or understand the context your trying to get across to everyone here.

Maybe you should attend a gathering and learn what the boaters here are all about. Just don't tell anyone your user name when you attend the gathering and you'd be welcomed just like anyone else. We'd get to know you and maybe understand you better. In the mean time, can I suggest you back off and read the posts without putting your comments in and mocking people who are only trying to help others.

Sofa King
05-31-2006, 09:15 AM
U got me all wrong. I'm not mocking anyone and I sure aint taking the side of the idiot who ran over someones boat.

I'm just sayin'
Arip

Carl C
05-31-2006, 09:45 AM
If we could just push a button and make all the people we don't care for go away what a happy little world this would be. But I think there wouldn't be many people left and things would quickly get boring. Arip's "report it stolen" post sounded horrible but posts can be misinterpreted; heaven knows it's happened to me. I think some members need to lighten up just a bit. He has posted a clarification. I hope they catch this guy. He was probably drunk. Remember, this site has been likened to a family and family means accepting the in-laws whom you may not like. OK, I spoke out, now let me have it.

Mr X
05-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Awww.....gee wiz, now lets just all have a group hug. :)

txtaz
05-31-2006, 12:50 PM
The Republic of Texas Congressional session has adjourned after their final bill to official declare "Aronowrip" NOT a Texan...

Da Taz <<<--- A true Texan

Carl C
05-31-2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=373676&postcount=12 To the member who red tagged me for defending a rude member, maybe I tend to focus on the positives.

Sofa King
05-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Good point Carl, I believe it's our diversity that brings us together, kinda like America. I tink of us all as a family, a big dysfunctional family. Here lemme grab my trusty TEXAS guitar and i'll start and the rest of u can join in......

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!
Someone’s laughing, Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!
Someone’s crying, Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!
Someone’s praying, Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!
Someone’s singing, Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!
O Lord, kumbaya!

SHARKEYMARINE
05-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Here are photos of the damage to one of the boats: Hit & Run Photos Link (http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine//powerboat/hit_and_run.html)

McGary911
05-31-2006, 09:23 PM
looks like that boat was perfect before the Ahole ran it over. That's a lot of damage. Hope they have got the guy. I have tied up by the water's edge quite often, and my big boat is a 31 silverton......hits close to home.

Please keep us posted......

SHARKEYMARINE
06-05-2006, 06:58 PM
On behalf of myself and the owner of the vessel that was hit, we would like to thank all who helped in their own way with the identifying, locating and reporting the suspected vessel.
I photographed the vessel today, delivered them to the NJSP.
Within in 8 hours I got a call from the owner of the hit vessel that the NJSP have made contact with the suspected vessel owner and he confessed that he hit the boat.
Thank you again to all of you every where, for pulling together all of your resources which lead to this outcome!
I will leave the location out of this, in order to protect the innocent Marina in which it is docked.
The NJSP will handle the rest from here...