PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Fan

acecoota
05-29-2006, 06:41 AM
Currently having a new sweet sixteen classic being built as we speak here in Melbourne. Fitting a new 5.0 MPI 260 HP MERCRUISER with Alpha leg .Any tips on prop size , set up and expected MPH at full noise .

MOP
05-29-2006, 07:13 AM
Welcome to the board, can't help much on the prop. My 16 did not have that much juice! I bet there are a few setup the same way as yours on the board.

Phil

acecoota
05-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome aboard . Love the site and the forums .Have been a keen fan of the boats for years . Nothing comes close on the water for sheer speed and exhileration .Currently own a St Tropez with a 225 hp Optimax .Awesome boat and great to drive hard.Any ideas to assist with adding a pic and I will post one for general viewing.

boldts
05-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Ace,

You'll want to size it down to make it easier for everyone to view. Use the Manage Attachments bottom below the box you right your post into when saying something on the board here. It will give you a Browse option which is where you then locate the picture on your computer, double click on it and wala. Your done. Submit the new post and the picture will be an attachment along with your post. If you can't get it to work for you, send the pictures to: scott@mwdonziclub.com and I'll resize and post them for you. Welcome to the Registry!

gold-n-rod
05-29-2006, 07:34 PM
A Turbo I prop with 22 pitch will get you excellent all around performance. Good holeshot, awesome mid range (30-55) and a top end of 60 with the drivetrain you describe. This assumes a 1.62 drive ratio (stamped on the drive/leg). If not, I can't help.

Have fun. Please understand that this hull does not have the rough water capabilities you are used to with your current boat. It works best in a light chop. Anything more and you'll get beat up. And that's no fun.

:wavey:

acecoota
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Great to talk with you , I will give it a go and see if I can post a pic.