PDA

View Full Version : Another Boat Accident

apollo24
05-26-2006, 09:01 AM
On Wednesday around midnight here in Jackson 4 guys loaded up on two jetskis and hit the reservoir for some late-night action. They headed out from a waterfront residence with (obviously) no lights and no lifejackets. The two collided and one guy (my boss' next door neighbor) is missing. Alcohol was involved. Authorities haven't found the body. His wife and kid are with a group in the Bahamas on vacation apparently. Sad.

I was run over and almost killed by drunks in a sportboat at night on the same lake a few years back, so this hits home with me. 7 or so college-aged kids (my age at the time) on a 2 week-old boat doing 55mph, no lifejackets, no lights, no registration. No one was killed. I still can't believe it.

We have to be careful out there, particularly at night. It's just like riding a motorcycle- one always has to assume that everyone around you is trying to kill you. And jetskis- we all know the deal with them. Alcohol, inexperience and a missile that will do 60mph is a bad combination.

Be careful this wknd. Please. :bighug:

sweet 16 1966
05-26-2006, 09:52 AM
The lake I boat on some where my mother still lives -Jackson Lake- In Ga.
Had two seperate accidents over Easter weekend resulting I believe in 2 deaths. It is alarming how often night riding involves accidents. Even if you are the one obeying all laws, it only takes one other person who thinks they can get by without adhearing to laws to get one killed. Visibibility or lack of is the main reason for these accidents. Lights and less alcohol would have saved many people.