PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Inspection - State

TBroccoli
05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know if my dual axle trailer for my 22 classic needs the three lights in the center of the rear of the trailer. The existing ones are not working and I need to get it inspected tonight. Can I just remove them? Or are they required? I live in Delaware.

Thanks,
Tom

MOP
05-24-2006, 09:39 PM
The three light bar down low on the frame is required in most states not sure why, check you local regs. If you tow through a lot in other states replace it, it is cheap. Silicone all possible points of water getting in and it will last a long time, if you don't it will die after (1) season.

Phil

penbroke
05-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I think it is required for trailers over 8 feet wide. Mine is and does not have one and has passed inspection many times... If it is there it must work.

Frank

ChromeGorilla
05-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I dunno... varies state to state...... hell here in SC you don't need tags as boat trailers aren't registered..... hell you don't even have to have tailights on a boat trailer...:eek: :confused: Crazy.....

Chili 18
05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Someone must make a solid piece of acrylic with some LEDs embedded. No water wories then...

MOP said:
Silicone all possible points of water gettin in and it will last a long time, if you don't it will die after (1) season.

Ed Donnelly
05-24-2006, 10:33 PM
www.reconaccessories.com
Check out LED tailgate bars.......Ed

TBroccoli
05-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

MP- The trailer is 8ft wide. But forget it. I fixed them. Bad connection.

Now I can't get the right blinker/brake light to work. I think there is a bad connection there also. I just need the time to go over it.

Now I must have blown a fuse on the toe vehicle. I have no blinker/brake light on either side. The fuses I checked in the box inder the hood (Ford F-150) are good. Is there an inline fuse in the truck's wiring harness?