PDA

View Full Version : Same old crap!

onesubdrvr
05-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Well

The X is back on the market (sort - of), I'm really looking for a partial / full trade for a 18' or smaller performance boat (any type / year / power considered) that is TURN KEY!! but, it MUST BE FUN!! or, would consider the same for an 18' or larger pontoon boat.

I just don't have time for a project right now, and won't for a while. I plan on purchasing another Donzi when the time is right (probably 5 years or so and a 22, or, an 18 done how I want it). But, until then, poppa still needs a toy.

I am truely envious of all the work that people get to do on their boats, and realize that this boat needs to be in the right hands of someone that has the time to get it done back to new.

Thank's y'all
Wayne

gcarter
05-22-2006, 08:57 PM
I think Joe still has the Checkmate.

maddad
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Hiya Wayne, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just telling you how it went for me. My wife and I just had bought a house that needed EVERYTHING redone. Every penny we had was spent or spoken for. In the middle of this, the Donzi I had my eye on became available. The 1500$ I spent on it came from a jar of change I had since I was a kid. Then it sat in my yard for 2 years while we got our feet back under us. Then it sat for another 2 years when the couple who were never having kids were blessed with a daughter. Finally, after 5 years or so,time and money became available.Now, 3 years after that, it's a turn key toy, always there, waiting to be used.
My point, I think, is that you own this boat. Buy a tarp, a few bungee cords and park it in your yard nose in the air and forget about it. Time will pass, things will open up a bit, and it will be sitting there waiting for you.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
Mike

onesubdrvr
05-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Hiya Wayne, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just telling you how it went for me. My wife and I just had bought a house that needed EVERYTHING redone. Every penny we had was spent or spoken for. In the middle of this, the Donzi I had my eye on became available. The 1500$ I spent on it came from a jar of change I had since I was a kid. Then it sat in my yard for 2 years while we got our feet back under us. Then it sat for another 2 years when the couple who were never having kids were blessed with a daughter. Finally, after 5 years or so,time and money became available.Now, 3 years after that, it's a turn key toy, always there, waiting to be used.
My point, I think, is that you own this boat. Buy a tarp, a few bungee cords and park it in your yard nose in the air and forget about it. Time will pass, things will open up a bit, and it will be sitting there waiting for you.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
Mike
Mike,

Appreciate the input,.....I'm not going to press this too much, because I do love the boat. If no-one takes me up on this deal, and if my host is gracious enough to let me keep the boat there while I work, or get work done on it at a snails pace, then I'm cool :cool:

Wayne

Last Tango
05-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Or... You could sell the X18 to someone on this board who would like to have a project to work on, and buy my 2001 Classic 18 that is still at Haskell's Marine in Jacksonville waiting for you to call them. MX6.2MPI w/polished EMI Thunder exhaust manifolds and risers, Bravo 1, Mirage Plus 23P, Trim tabs, red hull and deck stripe, red carpeting (I used it ONCE in 6 years during the show part of a Donzi Hometown Gathering), red Bimini top and clear zip in windshield, depth meter, hour meter (like about 150 hrs in the 6 years I had it), well known to exceed 70MPH, aluminum trailer with HD axles. Totally turn key. Less than 10 hours since its annual (100 hr) service last December.
Call 'em.

onesubdrvr
05-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Or... You could sell the X18 to someone on this board who would like to have a project to work on, and buy my 2001 Classic 18 that is still at Haskell's Marine in Jacksonville waiting for you to call them. MX6.2MPI w/polished EMI Thunder exhaust manifolds and risers, Bravo 1, Mirage Plus 23P, Trim tabs, red hull and deck stripe, red carpeting (I used it ONCE in 6 years during the show part of a Donzi Hometown Gathering), red Bimini top and clear zip in windshield, depth meter, hour meter (like about 150 hrs in the 6 years I had it), well known to exceed 70MPH, aluminum trailer with HD axles. Totally turn key. Less than 10 hours since its annual (100 hr) service last December.
Call 'em.
Mark,

Who do I need to talk to? Jill? Is she REALLY waiting for my call to give me the deal of a lifetime? I thought that she was going to make that HER boat?

I love your boat, it is set up how I would order one from the factory. VERY reliable package, with lots of room to "wiggle" if you got the urge. 70mph is a good speed, not too fast, not too slow.

Thanks
Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Would also consider a center console style boat, 17-19'

Thanks
Me Again

steven s
05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Would also consider a center console style boat, 17-19'
Thanks
Me Again
My dad has a 20 ft potter built sea craft for sell 1973 with no motor.The yamaha is on my donzi.Also has a bimini .Wasmine till the 16 rolled around.