PDA

View Full Version : Best discount mail order house

Sofa King
05-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Years ago growing up I remember my dad ordering tons o' stuff from E&B Marine out of NJ. Went to there addy and Westmarine popped up. I guess they bought them out or sumptin. Any suggestions would be greatly apprciated.

TY in advance
Aronowrip

Sofa King
05-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Halon is banned lol Only the good stuff gets banned. I've been out of the loop for a while I guess. Does $145 sound right for a five lb. halotron extinguisher? I won't use dry chemical, might as well throw your boat away after a discharge.

Aronowrip

Carl C
05-22-2006, 07:00 PM
$120 @ Boater's World. You have to get it at a store; they will not ship it. BTW "discount boat parts" is an oxymoron. www.BoatersWorld.com Oooops, '05 catalog. The price may have gone up.

David Ochs
05-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Halon is banned lol Only the good stuff gets banned. I've been out of the loop for a while I guess. Does $145 sound right for a five lb. halotron extinguisher? I won't use dry chemical, might as well throw your boat away after a discharge.
Aronowrip

I've learned that you can still have your exsisting Halon extinquisher charged. I talked to a guy that does this, and he said that it is not produced any longer but is recycled. New units are not available.