PDA

View Full Version : Brand new orange 16'

Tony
05-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Coming home from Kentucky today I saw a blue pickup with a MI plate pulling an orange 16', looking like it was brand new because of the factory shipping cover. We were on I-65 north of Indianapolis.

Is orange a color choice, or is it a special order?
Is the owner reading this, and if so you must tell us where it is headed!
Is the selling dealer reading this, and if so maybe you could e-mail me the new owner's name so I can contact him.

:beer:

BUIZILLA
05-21-2006, 07:24 PM
I think this is the one that Nelem's just brokered.

JH

sweet 16 1966
05-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Tony,
Orange is unusual but there was one at the Hometown Rally last year.
You and yours would enjoy this event! If you have never attended, ya gotta go. Sheila really enjoyed this event and one she will go to again.
BTW, I have a pic of you out of the water but its not in focus. Had it been, it would have been frameable! Oh well, maybe next time. Just saw the discussion when you purchasesd your boat. It is a gem!

RNELEMS
05-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I sold that boat new,it was C16 40th Anniversary#3,we also had #2.It actually was new,never wet. Original buyer stored it inside,never launched it,asked me to sell it for him. New buyer is a collector,I also sold him a 22 40th anniversary serial #1 in yellow. I cannot disclose his name,sorry. If he reads this he might respond,but please understand it is not my place to do that. Robert

Tony
05-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Robert, I kind of figured that would be the policy...it is totally understandable. Maybe you could e-mail him a link to this thread, with his Michigan plate I am curious to know where or even if he splashes the Donzis. The orange 16 looked SWEET, even on a trailer and covered with the semi see-thru shipping cover.

Ross, yes that shot is a great one, and yes it is too bad it is blurry. I had several that are like that, oh well, not much you can do about it. My theory is that if you take enough pics then maybe one is framable, that one where you catch someone out of the water and it is crisp. After all, it is no easy feat to be cruising at 60, try to center the shot, and keep yourself on line all at the same time.

Here is you pulling all that off, and with no hands to boot!

:beer:

tiger lily
05-26-2006, 09:08 PM
awwww, i really wanted to have the only orange classic in the state, oh well, at least its not a exact copy color and mines a 18, it doesnt matter because mine will be on the trailer broke all summer..

Cuda
05-27-2006, 07:24 AM
There was a beautiful orange 18 at the rally last year.

sweet 16 1966
05-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Tony,
That was me driving with my knee! Getting ready to take a customer to Lowes Motor Speedway but need to run my boat before we leave in the am.
Thunderstorms predicted today and its almost 90!