PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge not even close

need for speed
05-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Laurie and I ran the new boat all day.. the fuel gauge is always at full and i know it needs gas soon... 2 days of running on that tank..

i know fuel gauges never read right but i want it to move some..LOL Not just sit at F. but would be cool it it was right.. :lookaroun
when i back off plane fast, the gauge drops then comes right back to F as i slow down..

so the gauge seems to work. What should i do pull the sender out of the tank? can you adjust them some? How bend the float up or down kinda thing?

MOP
05-21-2006, 04:43 PM
You got it pull it out when you know you have about 1/2 tank then bend the arm untill the reading is close, remember due to the extreme V on the forward end the last 1/2 seems to go pretty fast. I need to pull mine it runs out at 1/4 so a 1/2 I gas up.

Phil

chappy
05-21-2006, 05:29 PM
You got it pull it out when you know you have about 1/2 tank then bend the arm untill the reading is close, remember due to the extreme V on the forward end the last 1/2 seems to go pretty fast. I need to pull mine it runs out at 1/4 so a 1/2 I gas up.
Phil
Perfect analysis.
Rich

need for speed
05-21-2006, 05:35 PM
:smash: hope donzi still use the arm type ones... will give it a look see... thanks MOP

Carl C
05-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Try Phil's idea, he certainly knows his stuff but for the record this has been discussed here many times and your gauge is working normally. When mine begins to move off full I have about 12-15 gallons.

smokediver
05-22-2006, 08:16 AM
don't bother charles , my 16's gauge works great ... i will just trade you boats
Deal ???? great looking boat .. Love the yellow

pmreed
05-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Get used to it. The gauge on a 22C is perfectly accurate........when the tank is full, or empty. Think of it this way; when the gauge starts to bump, you're on reserve:) . For your own piece of mind, when the gauge begins to drop, get gas. It starts bumping at about 15 gal. Remember how much you put in as a reference. You'll soon get a feel for where you stand:yes: . A lot of people make a fuss about the inaccurate readings, but we're not crossing the Atlantic in these boats. You'll get the feel.

Phil

sue
05-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey Charles;
In reference to your fuel gauge, I have the same problem. If you look at the thread that I started on 5/7 "problem with gauges", you will see that just about everybody has the same problem.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your boat. I see that you might be goint to the 1000 Islands. I am trying to work it out so that I am able to go as well. Maybe I will see you there.

AIR 22', you were correct! My trim indicator has a faulty sending unit. I have one on the way. "B.O.A.T." fits this boat well!!!!!

CHACHI
05-22-2006, 11:10 AM
.........are still a good foot down in water, and this past weekend had 4-5 footers rolling in. Ken

MOP
05-22-2006, 11:42 AM
don't bother charles , my 16's gauge works great ... i will just trade you boats
Deal ???? great looking boat .. Love the yellow

Charlie "Gotta Love" a man with a good sense of humor!

Kenny quit raining on our parade, we will do many rain dances not to worry!

boxy
05-22-2006, 11:54 AM
.........are still a good foot down in water, and this past weekend had 4-5 footers rolling in. Ken
The West wind does that, I was on the River Saturday, looked like the water we ran during the first SOT, it is still a little low, but it'll come up soon enough.

BTW MOP, this isn't some little inland lake, a couple of days of rain won't fix the level..... :D
All it takes is for them to close the dam a little bit more in Iroquois and the level will rise quick enough.....

need for speed
05-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey mr... Smoke... your 16 looks dam good too !! I love the noise! I will have a look see at the fuel Gauge before i trade!

About the 1000 Island we will see Laurie is trying to get the time off.. !!

BUIZILLA
05-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Get used to it. The gauge on a 22C is perfectly accurate........when the tank is full, or empty. You'll get the feel.
Phil:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :rolleyes:

cigarette30
05-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I look at it this way, when it moves off full, well then it's time "to roll", as it seems to add 3 mph to the guage to the right, ie" the speedo/gps.

Hey, then really watch it fall !

:outtahere