PDA

View Full Version : Got my first upgrade on my 22

OKII
05-21-2006, 10:24 AM
OK finally had a chance to to a lower unit swap on my boat. Made it up to the river this past weekend! heres a couple pics!
Before

OKII
05-21-2006, 10:26 AM
During

OKII
05-21-2006, 10:30 AM
After!!:p :p :p

OKII
05-21-2006, 10:35 AM
First run went very well, except my 25p mirage isn't the right prop I knew that wouldn't work going into this. I had the boat to 72 mph gps when it the rev limiter, there was plenty of power left!!. So prop queastions are at hand,. I was suggested switching to a hydromotive Quad 4 blade 27 pitch for starters to see if that works. Lets hear what everyone thinks, (especially ones with experience with this upgrade:wink:

cigarette30
05-21-2006, 11:04 AM
OK II

I replied on the other post with your prop question, but to keep them going separate, great job on the lower. No doubt, you should be all over the limiter. The differance in where you may have heard a 27 Hydo, and my responce to a 28 could be the lab differance. I am not sure which picked up more speed, the "shorty" or the "labbed" prop. I know, one should only make one mod at a time, but like you, the stock prop did not work, and that was my first and only replacement. BTW, don't know about you .... but I have also figured in the price of upgraded steering, ie: an expensive 6-8 mph lies ahead. 4k lower unit, 4-6 steering, 4k headers, speed is not cheep LOL

CHACHI
05-22-2006, 05:58 AM
OK finally had a chance to to a lower unit swap on my boat. Made it up to the river this past weekend! heres a couple pics!
BeforeOKII..........I was also up at the river this weekend, pouring rain and extremely lumpy water, where did you get a chance to run. Ken

OKII
05-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Ken- I went up Friday morning had the shorty on by 2 pm and was in the water that afternoon. Overcast day, I actually got a bit burned. I'm glad I went up when I did-John

Sofa King
05-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Nice shorty. Did it really run 4g's?