PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to the board

Tom Brown
12-11-2002, 12:58 AM
Hi guys. Great site.

I'm new to your forums. I've been told that there is an article here about a Donzi Classic 18 with a GM small block and a Mercruiser stern drive that has gone 106+ on GPS. I'd love to read the article if someone would point me in the right direction. Great stuff.

Thanks,

Tom

Moody Blu'
12-11-2002, 01:22 AM
Welcome!! :D

ya your in the right place, GEO would be the owner of the donzi your talkin about. here are to links..

in order off course wink
http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004497;p=1

and one higher wink
http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006019#000003

Tom Brown
12-11-2002, 01:59 AM
Moody Blu'

Thank you. That's some great reading. The thing that impresses me most about your site and your group is the camaraderie that you people have. It feels good to hang out here. I'm looking forward to reading more and learning more about Donzi boats and the folks who enjoy them.

I apologize for not introducing myself before. I'm not big on handles so that is my real name. I live in Saskatchewan Canada and I have a modified Glastron CVX-16/Mercury XR-4. I've grafted a Hydrostream Vector/V-King style pad onto the CVX and I run a jack plate, etc., etc. I'm having a ball doing the glasswork/Imron/engine modifications. I love boats and boating. Mostly, I like restoring the old stuff but that's partially a budgetary thing.

I haven't gotten to 106.2 and I never will in the CVX. It would be easy to do with a Mercury 260 drag outboard but I'm pretty sure it would just blow over and kill me somewhere in the 90s. The CVX was never designed for that type of speed and it packs too much air.

Anyway, I love boats and who knows... I might well choose a Donzi for my next boat. :)

Thanks again,

Tom

Fish boy
12-11-2002, 05:52 AM
Welcome to the site Tom. Sounds like you have quite a boat yourself. If you get a chance, how about some pictures?

Fish

Dr. Dan
12-11-2002, 06:39 AM
Tom.... Welcome Dude....Yes let's see some boat pics...I use to ski behind a CVX Glastron as a boy...don't remember the length...but great lines and a terrific Lake Boat...metal flake finish and all! :rolleyes: We have a special section for you newbies...it's called "Donzis For Sale" :D ....Doc

mattyboy
12-11-2002, 08:09 AM
welcome Tom, now all you got to do is find an outboard 16 on throw your power on it!!! :D

Matt

oldLenny
12-11-2002, 08:28 AM
Welcome aboard Tom! Drop me a line sometime, I'm to your left in B.C. (Victoria). Take care!

Digger
12-11-2002, 11:32 AM
Welcome Tom, and enjoy!

Doug L.
12-11-2002, 06:25 PM
Welcome Tom
Remember me !(Viper inline 6}
Your going to love this place.
Doug

Speed-Racer
12-11-2002, 07:45 PM
Welcome aboard!

Never saw those shots of Geoo...Man the engine keeps on rev'n!

May not be the fastest, but perception is everything!

GEOO
12-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Welcome Tom,
Glad you enjoyed viewing the boat. I have a lot of fun with her. Wait till next year!!!

(joke)

Shanghied Again
12-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Welcome Tom, I had me a Glastron a 1963 14 ft with wings Then My dad bought the ultimate boat that had me hooked forever a 1964 Donzi 16 Green with tan interior and a red stripe. She wasn't the fastest but she sure was loud and when you were 14 years old that all it took. Becarefull DONZI fever can happen very fast around here.
www.northeastdonziclub.com (http://www.northeastdonziclub.com)

Extreme Measures
12-11-2002, 09:20 PM
Tom Welcome to the Registry.This is the best site on the market with the Best members in the world.We know you will love this place,so sit down, hang on tight, and enjoy the ride.
Your Friends In Boating
Extreme Measures :cool: eek!

Donzigo
12-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Welcome Tom......... get in, sit down, hang on, and have fun. You're with friends, kinda. This is a tough crowd at times. One thing for sure, though, sooner or later you gonna end up with a DONZI - Beleive it ...........LOL

Welcome.

Formula Jr
12-11-2002, 11:45 PM
Tom, Welcome Aboard.

This place can change your life. Jump in and use it. The natives don't bite. Well, most of them don't bite. And if your guard isn't up, you might end up doing something different and wonderful, like going to a Donzi Event and finding out how fun the people behind the text really are. :D

Tom Brown
12-12-2002, 12:28 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome, gents. :)

I'm in the process of reinstalling my main desktop. I'll post a few pictures as soon as I'm back online with my picture machine. :)

I'm sorry, Doug. I don't remember you. I take it we met on Scream & Fly? Perhaps I did too much drinking in college but I'm firing on dead memory cells right now.

Lenny, I will drop you an email when my main email client is working again. I'm using mail2web right now. I plan to get to B.C. to do some boating but I'll probably go to the Kelowna area. That area is fantastic for small boats like mine. I love the island too but I don't think I would take my boat.

You guys are great. :)

Regards,

Tom

Ed Donnelly
12-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Welcome aboard Tom,I'm to the right of you. I lived in Vernon,so I had the choice of both lakes The Okanogan and Kal lake . I ran my Sweet 16 with a Gale Banks twin turbo small block.When I moved back to T.O. I bought my Criterion to handle the lake Ontario waves. Have fun on this site,great people,and very helpful. Ed

Terry0341
12-13-2002, 03:21 AM
Welcome Tom, I have been to two Donzi events and I am hooked. There will be a Donzi in my garage very soon! :)

boldts
12-15-2002, 06:38 PM
Tom,

Welcome to the Donzi Registry. I always admired Glastrons growing up. They were in the James Bond movies and there is no mistaking the metal flake gel! If you'd like to hang with some Donzi boats and their owners who frequent this site, come to the Thousand Island (http://www.northeastdonziclub.com) (Alexandria Bay) gathering on July 11th thru 13th. We also hold a little gathering in May called the "Awakening of the Horses" down in Jamestown, KY. Very large, beautiful lake called Lake Cumberland with enough space to really open up your Glastron! Every Donzi model built is invited to the gathering and we especially like to see and run with other performance boats. We've had a Formula JR from Oregon attend in the past and last year, a 20' Cigarette from Ohio. The gathering is 4 days of running our boats for the fun of doing it. Check out the Midwest Donzi Club (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) for information and a Calendar of upcoming gatherings. Hope to have a chance to meet you and your CVX in the near future! :)