PDA

View Full Version : Transom Repair Kit??? / Sealant/Calking

TMANN
05-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Transom Repair Kit - I bought it and was wandering if there is any special tools I have to have to complete? I have the drive off and am about ready to tackle and just don’t want to get bogged down trying to find a special tool.

Also I am replacing my tab rams and was wandering what the best Sealant/adhesive/Calking is to keep water out.

Thanks in advance.

TMANN

MR MAGOO
05-19-2006, 09:13 AM
You're going to need the special tool to wind out the locking collar for the water intake hose. Also, a 1/2" hex driver for the bellhousing pivot pins.

mrfixxall
05-19-2006, 09:13 AM
mercruiser bellows adhesive....
1/4 inch ratchet, lot of extensions of various lengths, utility knife, and a universal and 6 pt 1/4 inch drive sockets... as well as a set of universal equipped 6 pt sockets makes life much easier... a pry bar helps... and a pair of pliers, side cutters etc... oh... and patience, a shady spot and some beer... i am sure i am forgetting something.. someone else can fill in the rest..

And a gimble bearing removal and instlation tool,a hing pin tool shift bello plyers for the funky clamps they supply,aleignment tool.... A little performance tip leave the exhaust bellow off it gives a little more rpm and keeps the drive cooler....

Morgan's Cloud
05-19-2006, 10:09 AM
And can I add .. a good supply of your avatar ? :cool:

TMANN
05-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks everyone,

I have the beer now I guess I will start tracking down some Merc tools... Wish me luck.

TMANN