PDA

View Full Version : ChromeGorilla and the "Magic Erasers"

DonziDave
05-18-2006, 09:01 PM
There was an earlier post about cleaning vinyl and Chrome recommended Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Let me tell you my liitle Droogs and Droogies...these things are the bomb.....!!!!!

I take care of my seats, and after 20 years they are still brilliant white. But some moisture got under my cover and the top of the front buckets mildewed where the cover was in contact. Also my girlfriend sat on a red towel in the passenger seat with a wet bathingsuit and the red bled on the seat. I cleaned the seats with a "magic eraser" and everything cleaned off instantly....!!! These things ROCK...!! We now use them around the house.

Thanks for the tip Chrome.....best thing I've run across in a long time. Noticed that they are made in Germany. Gotta love that Tutonic tech.

Dave :wink: :biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
05-18-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm tellin ya man.... these things friggin rock! Works awesome on your hull and for those of you with a white rub rail....... magnifico! Black scuffs around your bow eye where it rests on the nose roller on your trailer.... takes it right off......

Glad I could help!

dr
05-18-2006, 09:31 PM
There gold Jerry, gold I tell you…
Does anyone know why they work so well?

ChromeGorilla
05-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Well duh............MAGIC! :bonk:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I always wondered myself. They do not contain bleach or ammonia. I dunno. It doesn't say on the box.

ChromeGorilla
05-18-2006, 09:38 PM
There gold Jerry, gold I tell you…

I LOL when I read that....... good stuff dr. I picture that scene in my head right now......:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

dr
05-19-2006, 08:52 AM
I LOL when I read that....... good stuff dr. I picture that scene in my head right now......:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

So you’re infected with the Seinfeld disease as well…you can’t have a significant conversation or exchange with anyone without conjuring up a Seinfeld moment?

joel3078
05-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I'll have to try them on the hull. I always get this dingy yellow/brown tint to the white hull after boating. 3m Cleaner wax works for making it white again but the little mr clean sponges would be a nice alternative.

Note: them little sponges did not work for getting stains out of white fabric kitchen chairs. All that happened is getting the fabric wet made the off white fabric look spotty. The sponges also rip and chunks come off easily if you scrub too hard. They have a hell of a time with painted walls that are not smooth. My walls are a sand textured custom paint finish. The rough sand surface rips hell on sponges.

MOP
05-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Joel awhile back Scot "HM" posted McGuires mag wheel cleaner to clean the muck it works super. I use it in an old Windex bottle let it sit for 5-10 minutes and hose it of nothing stays behind. Bur you can bet I will be using the Magic Erasers on most other things.

Phil

joel3078
05-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks Phil. I have a new painted trailer and have been cautioned by others that various chemicals for hull cleaning will trash the paint on the trailer so gotta be carefull about the cleaner. I'll look into the Meguires wheel cleaner.

Looks like there is a few of us not at AOTH. I would love to be there but not being a wise ol retired guy, I am limited on vacation time. We have already commited to Sturgis this year in August and I fried 2 weeks in Florida over the winter. Oh well, can't use the boat here as we have too much water in the lakes. They are way high and we have a 600 foot to shore no wake zone. This covers most of the lake I go on. The rivers are flowing way too fast and too much debris also. Wish I could ship about a couple billion gallons of water to Wes/Taz down in TX.

ChromeGorilla
05-19-2006, 03:26 PM
I hear ya Joel..... I would love to be there too...... but only been with this company for 6 months.......:boggled: Hopefully not to much longer though....:eek: :crossfing: :D I am trying to get me a federal job and move to Jacksonville Fl in the next couple months....

joel3078
05-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Chromie, lovin the O Face.
These will keep ya busy.
http://www.bull****job.com/officespace/

My favorite is: I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob! This movie SOOOO fits my office it's friggen crazy. :smash:

RedDog
05-20-2006, 08:53 AM
where can you find the magic erasers?

dr
05-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Lowe's and Wal-Mart.... but at times they don't have them in stock....so I normally buy 9 or 10 boxes at a time......

ChromeGorilla
05-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Yup..... Wal-Mart, Target, most supermarkets. I too buy 2 or 3 boxes at a pop I have like 10 or 12 boxes of the stuff at home.

Last Tango
05-20-2006, 01:15 PM
CG,
Will you be "home" in time for Angel Aid?

ChromeGorilla
05-20-2006, 04:04 PM
If I am you know I'll be there..... I just got the registration in the mail yesterday.

We really want to move to Jax...... in the worst way.....

Last Tango
05-20-2006, 04:17 PM
If you want to most to Jax in the WORST way, do it without a Donzi and your entire wordly belongings in the back of an old Ford pickup. Find a mobile home park on the Northside or and apartment on the Westside.
But I digess...

I couldn't be more excited to have yet ANOTHER Donzi bud moving to JAX in the next few months.:beer:

BUIZILLA
05-20-2006, 08:05 PM
CG no likey South Caroliney?? :cistineb:

ChromeGorilla
05-20-2006, 09:19 PM
CG no likey South Caroliney?? :cistineb:

Thats a big 10-4 diesel boy.

gcarter
05-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Thats a big 10-4 diesel boy.
C'mon Scott,
Is six months of the "REAL WORLD" too much for you?:rlol:
Where they expect you to be at work EVERY DAY?:D
To be there ON TIME?:banghead:
To work for EIGHT HOURS?:bonk:
W/no EIGHTY SEVEN DAYS a year vacation time?:chillpill
No wonder you want to get back in the Federal System........:moped:
Welcome to the WORLD MOST OF THE REST OF US HAVE DONE ALL OUR LIVES!!!
:wavey:

dr
05-21-2006, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=mattyboy]can anyone tell me if they contain bleach???

Checked the box and it does not list ingredients but does say to NOT use with bleach…also says not to be used on polished/glossy surfaces….

ChromeGorilla
05-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Well duh............MAGIC! :bonk:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I always wondered myself. They do not contain bleach or ammonia. I dunno. It doesn't say on the box.

Cool, I get to quote myself from post 4......

Matty no bleach or ammonia.

ChromeGorilla
05-21-2006, 11:14 AM
George, nuttin like that..... I like the job. If it were in Jacksonville wouldn't be an issue. This is more of a "want to be in a different area" rather than a different job.

Team Jefe
05-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Matty - I don't think they have bleach in them, but not 100% sure.
If Chromey uses them on Damn Yankee, you know they have to be good and SAFE.
Here is a link to the "Consumer Test" I did a few years ago with HOT RIMS. It rocks, but I would not leave it on very long....No need to anyway the scum comes off instantly. I guess it is safe for paint as I cleaned the motors with it, but wetting the trailer down woul be a good idea anyway.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26205

Dr. Dan
05-22-2006, 10:40 AM
:smash: I spoke to Jerry Eisele and he had given me the same Cleaning Tip for my front seats...I bought some of the Magic Erasers at my local Eckerd Drug, and used them this weekend at the Awakening. Wow, unbelievable. Just dip them in water, rub and wipe with a Terry Cloth Towel or Micro Fiber and Presto ... they look terrific.

I am not sure of the active ingredients, but they work...I didn't get any area sloppy wet...I worked in small general areas, and I am gonna continue now that I back from Cumberland.... very neat stuff.

Doc of Detailing :bighug:

Carl C
05-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I bought some Magic Erasers this morning while shopping so I could see what all the fuss was about. Anyway this afternoon I had the boat out for a few hours and for a while I had a large rider (have you guys who say no tab is needed ever had a 300 plus pound man in the port seat??????????). Anyway, this large rider left a bunch of nice blue ink stains from his sweaty shirt. So I went home and tried the MEs on it and it didn't work. Then I tried pine-sol, bathroom cleaner and mineral spirits and nothing worked so I got the M.E.s back out and scrubbed for twenty minutes but it finally took the ink off. Then I tried it on he normal seat crud and it all wiped right off. They really are magic.