PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Pops Concert by boat

apollo24
05-16-2006, 11:25 AM
I am sure that a lot of you guys in bigger waterfront cities have great on-the-water shows. In Jackson, MS, we have Pepsi Pops, a night on our 28,000 acre reservoir with the MS Symphony Orchestra and other bands playing popular contemporary as well as traditional patriotic tunes, followed by a fireworks display. Anyway, I took the X (boat, that is) out for the event. We took another couple and the X served as a wine and cheese platform quite well! One of my crew was one of the late great Bear Bryant's grandchildren. She introduced me to my girlfriend this year. Good people. I asked her for one of his hats, but she just ignored me. :biggrin:
The most entertaining part of the night was watching all the yahoos in Bayliners and poontoon boats trying to set an anchor and maneuver amongst the boats. I had to move my boat several times just to get away from them (which meant cranking up, which meant scaring lots of people). Sometimes I think my boat has an affinity for aluminum pontoons... As you can see in the pics, we had pretty good seats. I am the guy wearing what someone called a "heteroflexible" shirt- whatever that means. Whatever- the girlfriend likes it, and that's all thats important! Anyway, attached are pix. I love watching things while in the comfort of my own Donzi. It's great.

Barry Eller
05-16-2006, 11:55 AM
My rule is never have my photo taken with a drink in my hand!!!
Dan and I are talking about the Blue Angels Airshow July 15th..

apollo24
05-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Count me in. I was thinking about dieseling my sailboat down there for that wknd so that several of us could stay on it but if there are going to be Donzis, I will trailer her down. We really ought to get this on the events schedule. When we were working on it before we had 9 or 10 boats committed. With things coming back together, we could really have a great event. Pensacola YC would probably let us use their ramp and facilities, too.

Barry Eller
05-16-2006, 03:13 PM
9 or 10 Donzis? Lets just all meet at Dan & Laura's house. His neighbors won't mind!!!:beer: :shocking: :yippie: