PDA

View Full Version : 1976 18' Classic 350 corvette original

Redbird
05-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This boat was posted here a few months ago for two days. The response was overwhelming but the ad had to be removed. This is an original condition Classic 18 with a Corvette 350 factory engine. Original gel/seats/cockpit cover and books. It was a 'toy' for a very rich mans yacht for only a few years. It has rubber rub rails installed so-as not to damage the yacht........but it did a great job in protecting the Donzi as well. The regular rub rails are still in the box. The boat has about 200 hours total time! It has been in heated and A/C storage nearly 20 years. The boat is stored in central NJ and I reside in AZ.... thus the problem when I first posted it. I will be in NJ after May 20 and will be able to show the boat then. Judging by the response I received from the first ad (and since the rules require a "price") I am offering the boat for $15,000.00 or best offer. (Which may be up or down?) But I am offering it here first since I know you people are real Donzi people and not just wannabees.
I would like to add........the very first 'sweet sixteen' was built in my uncle’s empty factory in Edison NJ. My uncle and Don Aronow were very good friends (and fellow builders) and I came upon the boat because of that connection, but I was never able to use her.
I hope to see her regain life. This is the best photo I have with me but it sure shows how good the gel is and how she is stored......I can be reached at 908-766-4762 AFTER MAY 18........no answer machine and no-one that answers before will know what your talking about ;>) And E-mails will be useless as I will be traveling for the next week........sorry
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5091/furniture0319gx.th.jpg (http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=furniture0319gx.jpg)
And...... thank you Scott for allowing me the space.

Lenny
05-16-2006, 12:02 AM
May 18th works, that is my Birthday.
As for the Boat. I think you have an "X-18".
Look under the rub rail on the right rear transom, (as viewed from the right rear transom) and you will see some numbers, on the hull part of the rig, under the rub-rail.
What are they ?
:)

wannabe
05-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Any more pics. available ?

Redbird
05-25-2006, 09:06 PM
No it is not an X model.......It is a DMB yadda yadda with a true 350 corvette (with the Corvette Logo valve covers) and Volvo outdrive. I still have limited e mail but I am in NJ and able to show the boat now 24- 7.........well, not 24 ;>) but I am around the 7.
908-766-4782

Redbird
05-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Ok, I borrowed a laptop for a moment. If I can I will upload some photos.....but I can't promise it will work.
In the meantime................I realize it may be a burden to buy a boat that is not with a trailer.
So as an incentive I have reduced the starting price by $1000.00:cool:
I hope this will help those of you that had this concern....ED:smileybo:

BTW...........The X-18 'idea' probably came about because of the cedar plank reinforcing the dust cover in that photo above.

greggbbk
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Where is the boat located?

Redbird
05-30-2006, 08:37 PM
The boat is safely tucked away in Central North Jersey a few miles north of where Rt 78 crosses Rt 287. Right off Route 202. It is a one hour drive from Sandy Hook, or Easton PA or the Lincoln Tunnel or Trenton. As of this moment I WILL NOT have internet access for a while. But any calls will be welcome on 908-766-4762...........I am cleaning out a house in prep to sell. And I will be returning to Arizona by August and will probably tow the Donzi back with me if it is not sold here in NJ by then. Please don't be shy..........stop by and take a look :spit:
and remember........................OFFERS are welcome! :eek: :cussball:

Redbird
07-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Thank you all for the amazing response to my ad. This is the first chance I have had to say the boat has been sold to a very nice family from the Virginia Beach area where she will get a needed 'cleaning-up' and some engine service. I am really glad to see the boat returned to service with such nice people............Thanks again, Ed