PDA

View Full Version : 88 Minx

slacker
05-12-2006, 07:38 AM
88 Minx all red(no stripes) Hull # DMRCB155I788
wrap around windshield
425 hours on hull & OMC King Cobra drive
200 hours on engine ('88 4bolt main 350(270hp) professionally rebuilt in late 90's, only run w mobil 1 after break-in)
original interior is showing age
boat has been painted at some point, bottom looks good save for a few gelcoat chips
to my knowledge the boat was drydocked up until 2 years ago when the owner bought the house next to me and left it in the lake until he sold the house.....
boat is on lake wylie, nc(charlotte)
reduced asking price to $7500.......
includes a single axle trailer......will update & add an axle w/brakes for additional cost
I have a complete alpha 1 mercruiser setup available
performance engine work is also available
have buffed boat from waterline up and it cleaned up nice, not perfect but nice.

jahfool
06-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey Slacker ... Is the boat still for sale? If so what phone # can I reach you at to discuss?

-MB :hyper:

slacker
10-04-2006, 03:37 PM
this minx is still avail.....
more pix up soon
thanks
slacker

slacker
10-04-2006, 07:10 PM
4 pix? the interior is original & in my basement....the motor has 200 hours on it, drive is factory omc cobra...425 hrs(or king cobra as per spark arrestor)...wrap around windshield, thru hull exhaust, crappy trailer....
to be candid my wife hates the little red bastard, but I think its fun....
anyways the boats not perfect, but a solid example of a rare donzi that needs some tlc(not tough luck charley)
thanks for your interest
slacker

Dredgeking
10-06-2006, 05:46 AM
When are the pics coming?

slacker
10-06-2006, 06:54 AM
lemme know if anyone wants to see anything esle in particular(within reason, I'm not gonna take a zillion pictures)
the ls seat had about 15min of scrubbing done.....
motor shot was done before the mercruiser longblock was installed....new motor is black, all else is the same

sweet 16 1966
10-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Complete alpha 1?
whats included? One day, I may need it all for a project.

slacker
10-07-2006, 08:25 AM
yes I have a complete 1988 alpha 1 setup.....
the transom & floor in the donor boat(a chaparral bowrider) was rotten......
I have everything that I could strip off of the boat......
the mercruizer longblock went into the minx.....
everything worked fine when removed...
the ram for the powersteering got a little pitted from sitting out, manifolds have a small crack between center ex ports...
outdrive, ss prop, gimbal housing, transom stuff, rams for power tilt, tilt pump, ex manifolds, flywheel, bellhousing, coupler etc.....
some of the hardware probably is missing due to a move
shipping would probably be bucks up, but I am willing to pallet it up & have your trucking company pick it up from my work
$1000 as-is where-is
located in charlotte, nc 28278
thanks
slacker