PDA

View Full Version : What kind of prop?

steven s
05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
HI.I have a 115 yamaha pushing a 16 donzi(1500 lbs fully loaded) and it has a factory ss prop 17 pitch.And it dosen't fell right .I run about 6000rpm's trimed out and it sucks in rough water I am screwed my brains get beat to hell and back.Also it trims out poorly non of the boat is out of the water like it should be.It also fells like I am hitting a brick wall at mid-range throttle.Does ant body have sturdy advice.I don't want to blow all my $$$ in one place .Gas is to much to buy a couple props.It tops out at 48mph hour .And I got a 20 ft sea craft up to 47 (Both on a gps.) so I know I can do better.Same prop as now. Any help would be great.:confused: :confused:

BigGrizzly
05-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Your prop is too small. When I was a kid a frienf had a 16 OB with a 115 Merc on it and ha hit the low to mid 50 with it. In your area I woud try a Turbo 4 blade off shor oh prop at about a 19 pitch. it is a stable prop that works great with outboards.

MOP
05-11-2006, 10:02 PM
I followed Griz's advice and picked up a 4 blade Turbo Ultima for my small block 22. it is probably the best prop I have ever had. It seems to do everything better then anything I have tried, good speed, great handling and no blow out anywhere.

Phil

steven s
05-12-2006, 07:38 AM
S,
I have a 4 blade Turbo Ultima (not the offshore) here that you are welcome to try if you like. I can get it to Catch 22, or if you want, PM me an addy and I'll ship it to ya.
That would be great I will try to get a hold of Jim.

Carl C
05-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Mazco 3 blade over-hub.

mrfixxall
05-12-2006, 01:14 PM
HI.I have a 115 yamaha pushing a 16 donzi(1500 lbs fully loaded) and it has a factory ss prop 17 pitch.And it dosen't fell right .I run about 6000rpm's trimed out and it sucks in rough water I am screwed my brains get beat to hell and back.Also it trims out poorly non of the boat is out of the water like it should be.It also fells like I am hitting a brick wall at mid-range throttle.Does ant body have sturdy advice.I don't want to blow all my $$$ in one place .Gas is to much to buy a couple props.It tops out at 48mph hour .And I got a 20 ft sea craft up to 47 (Both on a gps.) so I know I can do better.Same prop as now. Any help would be great.:confused: :confused:

Im me i got a few box's of brand new yamaha props....Ill give you a deal on one....Let me know which pitch and dia....

steven s
05-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Mazco 3 blade over-hub.
Is there any website that I could look at for the prop.Also on the turbo website at the ultima It did not have a spot for v4 only v6.Is that a problem?

MOP
05-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Is there any website that I could look at for the prop.Also on the turbo website at the ultima It did not have a spot for v4 only v6.Is that a problem?

The V4 may have a smaller gear case, measure across the back by the prop shaft to see how wide it is and let Scott "MP" know then he can get the right prop to you.

Phil

steven s
05-20-2006, 03:10 PM
I think I am going to go with the turbo 2+2. 19pitch.:yes: http://www.turbo-props.com/TURBO22.html

Carl C
05-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Is there any website that I could look at for the prop.Also on the turbo website at the ultima It did not have a spot for v4 only v6.Is that a problem? Steven, the Mazco is very popular on high performance outboards but looking at their web site the smallest pitch is 22 so they will not have what you need. If you want to look: www.mazcoprops.com