PDA

View Full Version : Cig in the trees

harbormaster
05-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Here are some photos of a Cig that went into the trees at the Louisiana TickFaw Poker Run after it swapped ends and tossed everyone out. Looks like another case of someone not wearing their lanyard.

Please take special note of the boats name.....

DonziJon
05-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Had a Donzi up at Winni maybe four years ago that went up on the beach. It was driven by 3 employees of the local Donzi dealer during working hours, setting the boat up for the new owner. It was a 33. I was toolng by.. about twenty minutes later in my Minx. Helos, the whole thing. Details afterward were "Graphic". Lawsuits brought the dealer down. As far as I have been able to determine, there was no cause ever found. John

DonziDave
05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
This boat was owned by a friend of a friend. I don't know him, but here is the email she sent me about the accident. Checkbook boating, lack of experience, alcohol.....a receipe for disaster. Thank God nobody got killed...!!!

Hey Dave
You know I told you about my dear friends that bought the 38' cigarette boat. They wrecked it this past weekend on the tickfaw river poker run in LA. I'm afraid he had been drinking, turned to hard, threw everyone out of the boat, the kill switch was not engaged and ran into the swamp & trees at 55mph. The LA swamp boys visited that night and took what they could carry before the barge and crane could arrive the next morning to extract it. To add insult to injury, there is a 0 tolerance for alcohol clause in the insurance and he blew a 1.6. No payoff if convicted. I did a search on Google for the accident and came up with photos on www.offshoreonly.com There was one passenger with multiple cracked ribs, broken wrist, bruised and a concussion, the driver saved her.
The name of the boat is "storm debris", which is what I am afraid it was reduced to. I know he was stupid stupid stupid but they are my buddies and my heart aches for them. Take a look...

Team Jefe
05-12-2006, 01:59 AM
We saw this boat at the run...it was basically "out 'da box" new and stunning....as was its crew. Gald nobody was hurt really bad, but when will people learn that drinking and driving don't mix. Also, so much boat with an inexpereinced driver......bad combo.

Its easy for me to say, but this is just more proof we need some kind of boater training for anyone buying a boat....I hate rules too, but sometimes, just sometimes they help save lives.....the grace og God did that is this case.

Unfortunate for sure, but maybe paying for a boat he can't use will teach this guy a lesson.:banghead:

off my soapbox.....

maddad
05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm glad everyone will be okay. I also can't get that stoners line from fast times out of my head.
"I can fix it!"

Carl C
05-12-2006, 10:38 AM
:eek: Looks like every boater's nightmare. It seems like these accidents always happen on turns. One beer per hour will keep you out of trouble but most poker runs have zero alcohol tolerance. Thank goodness all should be OK but I think someone is in trouble.