PDA

View Full Version : All you 'tropics' folks, look out again !

Morgan's Cloud
05-11-2006, 10:20 AM
As if last year was'nt bad enough......
Our local oceanographic centre for research revealed 2 nights ago that the waters between the West Coast of Africa and North America are already at 81F ... approximately a month ahead of schedule. Add to that a very slow moving North Atlantic Conveyer and things don't sound too promising.
Maybe I'll be able to spend another summer saving gas money :mad:

Cuda
05-11-2006, 11:36 AM
I used to like you Steve.... :eek: :eek: ;)
Scott, will it help if we shoot the messenger?:confused: :fire: :biggrin:

Morgan's Cloud
05-11-2006, 11:51 AM
:banghead:
Sorry guys , but after last year , I doubt that anyone would disagree that even one storm this year would be too many !
It does'nt look good........ But then again , you never know

Last Tango
05-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Consider this fair warning for all of us who live between Brownsville, TX and Virginia Beach, VA. Get your plywood and plastic and generators NOW. Run your generator for at least 30 minutes to make certain it works and the gas in the tank is not bad or waterlogged from LAST year. Where is your hammer? Nails? Duct tape? Batteries for all your various flashlights, radios, fans, vibrators. Small chain saw? Got canned food? Got can opener? Extra bottle full of gas for the grille? Several unopened multipacks of toilet paper?
Got your homeowners, flood, boat owners, car owners, special items, and jewelry insurance policies handy and up to date? Have you recently read them over since they were renewed and changes were made by the insurance companies to the coverages after the last two years?
Know where your luggage is and what you are REALLY going to pack? Flip-flops and T-shirts won't cut it over the long haul.
Know what your financial plan is if your house, bank, and job get totally blown away?
When will you begin to stock up on 50 gallons of fresh bottled water?

From one who has been there, done that...

gold-n-rod
05-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Batteries for all your various vibrators?

Yikes, I never would have thought of that. Multi-pacs of D-cells, right?

:biggrin.: