PDA

View Full Version : Boat won't start.

yeller
05-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Took the boat out for my second run. All went well. No noticable proplems. Shut it down and drifted for awhile. Started no proplem. Put it in gear and idled the last mile to the ramp. Tied it up and went for the truck. When I got back...it wouldn't start. Everything seems to be working. Engine turns over but won't fire. As soon as I turned the key on, I knew there was a problem. Normally the warning buzzer for the Merc Guardian system will sound for a couple seconds. Now when I turn the key on, it just gives a very, very short chirp.
Any ideas??? All I've check so far are the fuses under the dash and the 2 red reset buttons on the top of the motor (496).

farmer tx
05-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Did you check the kill lanyard to be sure it wasn't unpluged?

yeller
05-10-2006, 11:22 PM
You know...that was the 1st thing I looked at when I was sitting at the dock. Looked fine. There in lies the proplem...I only looked at it. After you brought it up, I ran outside and actually switched it off/on. What ya know...surprise, surprise...the newbie just asked another dumb question.

Boat starts fine now :rolleyes: Oopps.

farmer tx
05-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Can't have any problems before the Powell run. Now get some seat time.

Ed Donnelly
05-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Yeller; Your boat is cursed, way too many problems. Get rid of it.
Since you are a fellow Canadian I will help you out. I'll trade you my Criterion SS for it. Have not had one single problem with mine the last 2 yrs.....Ed

Mind you, I haven't run it in 2 yrs either

farmer tx
05-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Ed, I'll trade you 15 acres of Texas farmland for it, and throw in the mosquitos for free.

Ed Donnelly
05-11-2006, 12:25 AM
farmertx; Now come on!!! You know there is a law against owning 2 Criterions
unless you have a thing for Buicks or resemble a funny looking dog..
Does the 15 acres have cotton growing on it????............Ed

farmer tx
05-11-2006, 12:42 AM
It could.:biggrin.:

Carl C
05-12-2006, 08:18 AM
My lanyard switch is very sensitive too. At least you know it will work if it ever needs to.

TheTagAlong
05-30-2006, 09:22 PM
that was happening on truesers boat out at possum kingdom, matt messed with the wiring harness on the engine and knew what it was ask him

RickSE
05-30-2006, 10:18 PM
He He... My dad and I did that on the 18, we sat at the dock for about 20 minutes before we finally figured out the lanyard had poped and was hanging from my belt. Glad to hear all is OK Yeller. Did you ever meet up with Blueliner?

yeller
05-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Damn you guys! I was ignoring this thread because I wanted it to get buried. I was pretty embarrassed I ask the question when it ended up just being my stupid lanyard. :rolleyes: :bonk: 1st TagAlong had to resurrect it and then you Rick, had to chime in. :fire: :banghead:
Now everyone go away.....nothing to see here. :biggrin: :biggrin:

BTW Rick, haven't managed to hook up with anyone yet. Did blast past Blueliners house at 80+ tonight, though. :yes:

Lenny
05-31-2006, 12:39 AM
You know...that was the 1st thing I looked at when I was sitting at the dock. Looked fine. There in lies the proplem...I only looked at it. After you brought it up, I ran outside and actually switched it off/on. What ya know...surprise, surprise...the newbie just asked another dumb question.
Boat starts fine now :rolleyes: Oopps.

Awesome, been there, done that...

Glen, you are OFFICIALLY part of the CREW now. I have done the same, even jump started the battery to prove my idiocy... :rolleyes:

You are in good Company, don't worry about it. :)

...DO NOT do that again tho :D

Sofa King
05-31-2006, 12:43 AM
Hiya Yeller, Glad to hear it was nothing major. I been on out in my boat twice. Some peeps drive stupid on the lake. I'm on the right and two big stupid scarabs pos wellcrafts come at me. I split em. I never notice this poor driving in salt water. Seems like salt water peeps have MUCH more experience and know how than the lake snakes.

Be careful
Arip

Moody Blu'
06-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Hiya Yeller, Glad to hear it was nothing major. I been on out in my boat twice. Some peeps drive stupid on the lake. I'm on the right and two big stupid scarabs pos wellcrafts come at me. I split em. I never notice this poor driving in salt water. Seems like salt water peeps have MUCH more experience and know how than the lake snakes.
Be careful
Arip

you drove right between two scarabs? are you nuts?