PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Hometown Rally Registration

MikeMiller
05-10-2006, 09:37 PM

Last Tango
05-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Room booked. Registration and check in the mail this weekend. Last Tango bringing DONZI QUIXOTE. Mike, if I stay through Sunday night, when will I be able to retrieve my trailer from the boat yard? Is Monday an option, or should I hook it up Sunday afternoon after the beach party?

florida gator
05-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Home against Bama. Maybe one day.

MikeMiller
05-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Tango: Monday should not be a problem to get your trailer out. The business is opened early in the AM.

Gator: you sadden me!!

catch 22
05-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Mike, I see your still using last years avitar.:biggrin: :biggrin: . We're gonna GET-R-DONE soon. See Ya in SOTA. Jim & Gina

need for speed
05-11-2006, 08:37 PM
IN the mail ASAP!! Laurie will be In yellow this year:beer:

Air 22
05-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Room booked.:yes: ...Marina View...can't wait...looking fwd to another super event and great friends. Arrive Thursday depart Sunday:biggrin.: :beer:

catch 22
05-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Rooms booked for us and Baby Donzi. Marina View. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. :beer:

Team Jefe
05-17-2006, 07:36 AM
I sound like a broken record.....

Room Booked...marina view....arrive Thursday...deprt Monday....

....and Team Jefe is Looking forward to one hellava great MM production.:yes:

Now.....who has an extra seat.....make that two...'cause I want a ride too:lookaroun

sweet 16 1966
05-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Same here, room booked, can't wait. This is an event to remember so sign up and come on down!

BigGrizzly
06-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Grizzly and wife are booked and one of my Donzis will be there.

ITTLFLI
06-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Jill and I have room and flight booked! Can't wait!!!:boat:

Budmann
06-04-2006, 07:08 PM
We are booked!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

See everyone there!!!

Bud

Dr. Dan
06-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Jill and I have room and flight booked! Can't wait!!!:boat:

:beer: Awesome I have room in my Boat if you want a boring ride.... there are always pretty exciting alternatives for riders also....just thought I would offer.

:spongebob Private Mail me your numbers and Address when ya get bored...:biggrin.:

We Doggies!:beer:

ITTLFLI
06-06-2006, 09:35 AM
:beer: Awesome I have room in my Boat if you want a boring ride.... there are always pretty exciting alternatives for riders also....just thought I would offer.
:spongebob Private Mail me your numbers and Address when ya get bored...:biggrin.:
We Doggies!:beer:

Thanks Doc....I will PM you.:beer:

Donzi Di
07-13-2006, 09:38 AM
We are there...

Flights and room booked.

Mike - the check will be following shortly.

YEAH!!!!!!!

And by the way, a ride in Dr. Dan's boat is NEVER boring!!!

smokediver
07-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Room booked . Check to follow .... Can I manage to get a floating dock Mikey ? :yes:

DonziChick
07-19-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm considering coming - anybody got a seat for me?

need for speed
07-19-2006, 02:03 PM
got a seat for u in a yellow 22:wink:

Budmann
07-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Donzi Jodi says you can ride with us if you don't get any takers.

DonziChick
07-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys. I still need to check the dates. I have a bachelorette party I need to go to around those dates. I need to make sure they aren't the same weekend.

need for speed
07-20-2006, 02:09 PM
bachelorette's bring them! right guys?:wink:

MikeMiller
07-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Gang!

We're just around the corner for a Groovy Time! Seems like we will have a bunch of new blood this year! Always great to meet new Donzi friends, isn't it!

REMINDER: rooms are blocked until September 8th. After that they are released and up for grabs. SO.... book your rooms ASAP. If anyone is having trouble call me - (941) 387-5737.

Also, bad news from the sponsorship front - Mercury/MerCruiser cannot sponsor this year!! They say that all budgets are frozen (??). That really puts a damper on the event as they were the major sponsor and without their funds we will have to forego some stuff. But I am working hard on new sponsors and will try to make it so that no one notices!

Hope all are well and can't wait to see you soon.

I have only 3 checks in hand so far: Carabelli, Russell, and Jefe Reid. Hope to be getting more soon - if not I will need to cancel the event and consider it a NO SHOW!! May that never happen!

Budmann
07-21-2006, 07:45 PM
My check is in the mail tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo sorry I didn't mail it sooner. We cannot have a "NO SHOW"!!!

Last time I checked, Donzi's were the elite!!! Do you mean to tell me that we can afford a Donzi but not the 350.00 it takes to get them together??:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bud

Budmann
07-21-2006, 07:52 PM
M.P.... 727-637-7718 is that it??

catch 22
07-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Hey Mikey, Check and Registration in the mail Today. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

MikeMiller
07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey Gang - here's my contacts if you need me:

9941) 387-5737
mmiller@ngmnow.com

Team Jefe
08-01-2006, 12:50 PM
...if not I will need to cancel the event and consider it a NO SHOW!! May that never happen!

El Toro KaKa ... we're coming and you had better be ready....even if its just a few of us....screw all the misc. crap. Boat Drinks, Red Bikini's and Hot Donzi's are all we need:yes:

MikeMiller
08-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks JEFE!!!!

We will need to dispose of some of the fine "miscellaneous crap" but I am sure we will still have a blast!!

How upset will people be if I can't spring for an open bar? Maybe we can have a JEFE open boat-bar!

Honestly, I do need to cut some stuff out but have no fears - we are going to party '70s style!!

need for speed
08-01-2006, 04:17 PM
who needs a open bar anyways... !:wink:

but i say we Need the photo shooot .. so much fun!!:crossfing

Last Tango
08-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks JEFE!!!!
We will need to dispose of some of the fine "miscellaneous crap" but I am sure we will still have a blast!!
How upset will people be if I can't spring for an open bar? Maybe we can have a JEFE open boat-bar!
Honestly, I do need to cut some stuff out but have no fears - we are going to party '70s style!!

Does that mean Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll (or Disco?)?:yippie:

Team Jefe
08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Maybe we can have a JEFE open boat-bar!

You get me a Z boat to use and I'll bring all the Rum and Tequila we can fit on board....then drive everyone home at Ludacris Speed:hyper:

"Honestly" cut out whatever you want just don't cut out You, Us and a Donzi to spend some time together on.

Team Jefe
08-01-2006, 05:28 PM
who needs a open bar anyways... !:wink:
but i say we Need the photo shooot .. so much fun!!:crossfing

The young Master from Naples has it pegged...

Ladies.....RED BIKINI TIME

need for speed
08-01-2006, 06:22 PM
:cool: bring on those Bikini pics!!!!!:yes:

Budmann
08-01-2006, 06:45 PM
If everybody brought a bottle to contribute, maybe that would help things out.

Maybe get the Hyatt to put out a little bar on the dock with a bartender or something...

Bud

BUIZILLA
08-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Keep the bar, i'll pay my toll..... :yes:

I think Jefe' needs a curfew... :cool:

Let's do a 50-50 drawing... $5 a shot, Mikey keeps half, the drawing winner keeps half, i'll take 4 tickets.......

JH

Budmann
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Yea Mikey, what Jim said... how much more do you need to cover the bar. I would be willing to kick in a few extra bucks for your Rally.

You really do put on a great weekend, and it will be worth paying xtra!!:):):):wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

need for speed
08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
rooms booked.. check going to u mike asap! :wink:

catch 22
08-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Gina talked to Mikey yesterday to see what was going on Saturday morning of the Rally. Mikey said the Photo shoot is on. :yippie: :yippie: :yippie: :yes: :hyper: . He told Gina he has only received 8 registrations so far. He has'nt been able to get the T-Shirts ordered due to the fact that the registration fees are coming in slow. There is only 2 months left before the Rally and it takes time and money to put this event together. So lets get our checks & registration forms in if you have not already. Mikey works really hard to put the event together and it is an AWESOME weekend. Lets not let the Hometown Rally be a no show no go. Thanks Mike Miller for all you do. Jim

BUIZILLA
08-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Mikey, I sent ya a check today..

I need a slip too..

FYI, the hotel is playing room confirmation games again............. i'm officially tired of that game.

JH

Team Jefe
08-02-2006, 03:59 PM
I think Jefe' needs a curfew... :cool:
JH

ME??? I'm always in Bed early so I can get up for Church:lookaroun

I agree with the drawing....we could even have/increase/expand an auction...I got stuff to donate:wink:

Check is in the mai....oh wait, No Team Jefe already paid.

Rooms are being boo...No, we got that done already too.

We did confirm our flights today

Come on Crew....you know you're coming, send Mikey the Money....Why stress him out like that....Of course he is kinda cuite when he's stressed.

need for speed
08-02-2006, 04:12 PM
wink: can;t wait

Budmann
08-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Sooooo... have we made any decisions regarding what the plan is for the free bar??

Bud

need for speed
08-05-2006, 10:03 PM
we should :wink: all pack some and share like crazy!:propeller

MikeMiller
08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
WOW! All great ideas guys! Thanks for the help and understanding. What's wrong with a cash bar??? Anything? Or ... what about no bar and you just make your drinks at your boats and bring 'em to the pool. Nah - there's nothing like a daquiri right there from the pool bar!

I'm leaning towards a cash bar. We'll see - maybe another vendor will come out the woodwork and save the day!

Anyway.... here is who I have registered and paid as of today (8/16/06):
Bud Staples and Jodi Myers
Jim & Gina Collins
Jeff Reid & Renee Prause
Randy & Barbara Carabelli
Mike & Lori Russell
Charles & Laurie Jackson
Peter & Nancy Jackson (newbies!!!)
Jim and Janice Haas
Mark Laszlo

Many more say they are coming and I am sure they. BUT... I have to order shirts and bags in 2 weeks and I will order only the amount I need. So those of you who show up and pay there I can't guarantee we will have shirts and bags for you. Or, for that matter, enough food! I of course will adjust you entry fee accordingly.

Nevertheless, we are going to party!!!!!!

Bring your '70s outfits for Saturday night! We are having awards and prizes for the best outfits!!

GROOVE ON!

Last Tango
08-16-2006, 03:23 PM
I put my vote in for cash bar. Makes it simple and easy.

I KNOW the 8 or 10 of us that have already registered are going to have an AWESOME time in our new shirts and be well fed and entertained at lunch and dinner. And we will use the heck out of the goodie bag. I have each time!

Stragglers and ne're-do-wells (cheapskates) be forewarned!

SEADOGs better anty up NOW before I name names.

Some pretty obvious slackers missing from Mike's list.

Budmann
08-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Yea... what Mark said!!!!!!:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

gcarter
08-16-2006, 07:17 PM
We'll be in before the end of next week.....business has been a little slow this summer.:(

pmreed
08-16-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm really crying:( about missing this one, but I'm expecting my first grandchild on or about that weekend:hyper: . I know my daughter wouldn't mind having "Ella" a couple of weeks early; maybe I can encourage her.

Phil

Budmann
08-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Phil that is the "ONLY" excuse we will accept for missin the big one!! You will be missed!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

need for speed
08-17-2006, 01:53 PM
LET'S get the checks in:wink:

:"the newbies!!!"" will be in the market for a Donzi after this great weekend...!!

gcarter
08-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Got the room reserved today.
I'll get a check to Mikey next week.:yes:

BabyDonzi
08-18-2006, 07:54 PM
The rally is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mikey you are the man!
Thank you for all that you do for us. We could never. ever return the favor...........
Anonymous:frown:

need for speed
08-25-2006, 05:07 PM
We are ready~~:)

MikeMiller
08-26-2006, 10:27 PM
GROOOOOVY!

Here's an update as of Sunday night the 26th:

Allard, Chris, Barbara & Greg
Carabelli, Randy & Barbara
Collins, Jim & Gina
Haas, Jim & Janice
Jackson, Charles & Laurie
Jackson, Peter & Nancy
Laszlo, Mark
Miller, Mike
Reid, Jeff & Renee Prause
Runge, Ray & Pat & Sandy Kunkel
Russell, Michael & Lori
Staples, Bud & Jodi Myers
Verd, Brad & Amy Amerson

So many others have rooms booked but I don't have registrations! The party will be great - I may not have enough shirts, bags, goodies and food ordered - but as Brad Verd would say - "It's all good."

Hope all are well!

MikeMiller
08-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Okay, for those who need some heads up, here's what you're shooting for:

Best Donzi - Craftsmanship (Restored)
Best Donzi - Originally Restored
Best Donzi of Show
Farthest Donzi Trailered

Get the wrenches wrenching, the rags polishing, and buffers buffing!

MikeMiller
08-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Here's why we're all coming:

• Best '70s Costume
• Best '70s Decorated Boat

Set-up and judging will be Saturday after lunch at the Hyatt Marina. Costumes (or Mike Russell's regular clothes) will be worn to the Saturday dinner where awards and prizes will be given!!

Break out your '70s clothes that you never threw out (Dr. Dan) and show everyone your GROOVE! Join in the fun and make the party bigger then ever!

Air 22
08-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Mike...sent a Check to you @ Mach .92:wink: ......XXL on the shirt Please...C u soon....looking foward to a great time w/ everyone..:yes: :beer:

Dalelama
08-27-2006, 10:37 AM
More like "World's Fastest Booger Sammiches"!

Dwight.... bringing the Wife & Critters?

Dalelama
08-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Mikey,

Put me down for 2 souls...

Dragging the World's Fastest Minx along.....

Need a slip... and will there be a boat available for the ladies if it gets rough?

Is the Gators run still planned?

Anyone wanna but 2 tickets to the Hurricanes - Houston game... 50 yard line, w/ Premium parking pass? Face value.

Last Tango
08-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Mike,
What if my '70's clothes don't so much... uhmmm... you know... FIT anymore?:cool:

Last Tango
08-27-2006, 10:44 AM
P.S. Does that mean Chris is wearing dirty diapers to dinner?

BERTRAM BOY
08-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Mike - this is Di...

Check is written and will be in the mail in the morning.

MikeMiller
08-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Last Tango: if they don't fit - get on the treadmill or buy a costume like me!

Dalalama: Run to gators is not in the plans - but if you want to you are more than welcome! Plenty of boats for the ladies if they wish!!!!

Remember..... BOAT DECORATIONS!!! COSTUMES!!!!

fastcat
08-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Okay Mike- I am FINALLY sending in reg and check Thursday for Tom and I but our friends can't make it. Looks like we might be able to make Friday night dinner afterall.
70's clothes and decorations???? I'm still trying to remember where I was in the 70's.
See you there.
Gaye and Tom
fastcat (Gaye)
dockmaster (Tom)

MikeMiller
08-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Wanted to udate all of you on our sponsors for the year. Make sure we thank them when we see them at the Rally. These people and companies keep the party going - so let's use their services whenever possible!!

Mike and Lori Russell (yeah for real)
Sarabay Realty - Mike and Judy Holderness
Donzi Marine - Josh Stickles
and as always... The Atlantic Coast Donzi Owners Association

Without them there would no groove in our attitude this year!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCKSTAR
09-01-2006, 06:47 AM
You can count us in for the Rally.

ITTLFLI
09-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Dropped my check off at the post office this morning!! :convertib

Cuda
09-06-2006, 02:48 PM
We made the reservations, and the check is going out to Mike today. Need a slip for the Minx.

Joe and Debbie

need for speed
09-06-2006, 03:52 PM
that's the right idea CUDA:)

catch 22
09-06-2006, 07:10 PM
We made the reservations, and the check is going out to Mike today. Need a slip for the Minx.
Joe and Debbie
Mike. I think Joe meant 22.:wink:

need for speed
09-06-2006, 07:29 PM
yeah bring the 22

gcarter
09-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Mike, my check got made out today. It'll be in the morning's mail.

onesubdrvr
09-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Well fella's

Cuda's oooops I mean DEB's 22 - Raw Water Cooled
Cuda's Minx - FWC

That's why the Minx,....he mentioned it somewhere else, one for fresh, one for salt

See Y'all Later
Wayne

catch 22
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Wayne. Were not going there are we. RAW WATER COOLING. FWC. Salt. Fresh. S**T.:wink: :eek!:

onesubdrvr
09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Wayne. Were not going there are we. RAW WATER COOLING. FWC. Salt. Fresh. S**T.:wink: :eek!:

I'M not going there :wink: :boggled: :bonk:

See y'all soon
Wayne

Cuda
09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
It actually has more to do with steel trailer vs aluminum trailer. Who knows, I might just swap trailers.

gcarter
09-06-2006, 09:07 PM
That's why I have FWC AND an aluminum trailer.:wink: :wink:

MikeMiller
09-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Great to see everyone jumping on the bandwagon!!

REMINDER:
Room block gets released TOMORROW!!! If you need a room - call today and book it. If I don't meet quote on my room blocks I get charged for the difference! So do me a favor and call the Hyatt by tomorrow.

(941) 951-1234. Make sure to say you are with the Donzi Hometown Owners Rally!!!

GETTIN' CLOSE! Get your 70s outfits and boat decorations ready!!!!!

CrackerJack
09-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Mike,
Rooms have been booked, we just returned from N.C. and the check will be in the mail by this weekend for me and Brandon.
Jack

need for speed
09-08-2006, 05:04 PM
22 was serviced today.. we are ready!!!:wink: :yes:

MikeMiller
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
ROCK AND ROLL - DISCO STYLE!!!

Here's an update as of Sunday night Sept. 10th:
Allard, Chris, Barbara & Greg
Carabelli, Randy & Barbara
Carter, George & Elaine
Collins, Jim & Gina
Cook, Sam (Brad & Amie's friend)
Griffith, Joe & Debbie Davis
Haas, Jim & Janice
Hanley, Tom & Gaye
Holderness, Mike & Judy
Holderness, Mike & Angela
Jackson, Charles & Laurie
Jackson, Peter & Nancy
Jeckel, Swight
Laszlo, Mark
Miller, Mike
Reid, Jeff & Renee Prause
Runge, Ray & Sandy Kunkel & Mary Proper (and she is)
Russell, Michael & Lori
Scholle, Byron & Jill (from Cinci)
Sindelar, Pam & Robert
Staples, Bud & Jodi Myers
Stickles, Josh & Mandy (Donzi VP of Marketing!)
Verd, Brad & Amy Amerson
Wind, Cliff & Diane

Rooms booked but no registrations (are you coming? Do you want shirts and bags and food and drinks?)
Baxter, Scott & Heidi (the great one)
Culotta, George & Bonnie Wadsworth
Giglio, Mike
Johnides, Dan (the great one, too)
Keefe, Jack & Brandon
Kilby, Russ & Sheila
Ruin, Eric
Schumacher, Ed
Taylor, John
Wilson, Bob & Ranya Badran
Wood, David & Nancy Thompson

Let's have some fun!

MikeMiller
09-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey Gang... I spoke to Jim & Gina Collins this weekend and they have been getting their 70s stuff together!!! Boat decorations, banners, clothes, goodies! They are seriously wanting an award! Any competition???

I'm out tomorrow looking for a leisure suit for Saturday night! Any Welcome Back Kotter shirts out there? What about "Do the Hustle" music for the boat?

Come on people! You think Scott Pearson has a lock on the 70s look? NO WAY!

MikeMiller
09-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Can anyone help me??

Does anyone know the following people?:
Eric Ruin
Mike Giglio
Sallie Nijhof
Mark Poole

They have rooms booked for the rally but I have no clue who they are! Thanks for the help.

Master of Ceremonies

Last Tango
09-11-2006, 03:21 PM
A Mark Poole lives here in Jacksonville (Orange Park) - has a Classic 18 (I think) and also races Porsche Speedsters in vintage races. I might be able to contact him and see if that is the same Mark Poole.

fastcat
09-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Mark Poole and his wife Cheryl were coming with us (they don't have a Donzi but we're working on it), but they had to cancel. I had booked their room when I booked ours.
I will call Hyatt tomorrow and cancel their room.

BigGrizzly
09-14-2006, 09:54 AM
I may be bringing some Props for People to try. I am going to try to bring from 23 to 27 of different types. And for you shortie guys I always bring a 28, 29, and 30 TXP, depending what I have on my boat at the time. With some luck we4 may have a couple of new Solas props for Merc drives as well as Solas for Old Volvo drives as well. No promises just trying to put something together.

Air 22
09-14-2006, 02:23 PM
I may be bringing some Props for People to try. I am going to try to bring from 23 to 27 of different types. And for you shortie guys I always bring a 28, 29, and 30 TXP, depending what I have on my boat at the time. With some luck we4 may have a couple of new Solas props for Merc drives as well as Solas for Old Volvo drives as well. No promises just trying to put something together.

Grizz..I'm running a IMCO shorty and would like to try a 24 or 25 4-blade if you or anyone else has something to test....Just wanna c what the boat will do:wink: . My Hydro 23 is not enough prop...:eek!: Thanks in advance.
ps... the current pkg is a New 502 w/ Stainless Risers/Manifolds w/ 14 hrs so far..still at the break-in phase...:yes:

BigGrizzly
09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Air I had you in mind. do you have a srandard prop shaft or a XR. I hope it is a standard or I'll have to look for a larger hub. I think a 25 will be a minum size. I have a couple of 24 blades in my bag of tricks and some larger on the way. I also think you need to try a new 3 blade also. Just want what is best for you and the boat. At 14 hours, you are there. I know as you are a flyboy when you say 14 hours that is exactally what you have. One thing I need to say if you Hit sonething and break it you will own it, unless it is the props fault. wish me luck guys

Air 22
09-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Air I had you in mind. do you have a srandard prop shaft or a XR. I hope it is a standard or I'll have to look for a larger hub. I think a 25 will be a minum size. I have a couple of 24 blades in my bag of tricks and some larger on the way. I also think you need to try a new 3 blade also. Just want what is best for you and the boat. At 14 hours, you are there. I know as you are a flyboy when you say 14 hours that is exactally what you have. One thing I need to say if you Hit sonething and break it you will own it, unless it is the props fault. wish me luck guys

Grizz...my Shortie outdrive shaft is standard RH Bravo size:wink: My 3 blade prop is a new Turbo 25.... it handles like crap (but is fast) compared to a 4 blade for many obvious reasons. The 4-Blade I enjoy much more:yes: The 3 blade handles better on the standard Bravo drive so i'll keep it for the future. Overall, I still like the 4-bladed props handling characteristics on either drive...the extra blade in the water makes all the difference!

Depending on the diameter etc...a 24 or 25 4-blade might be the ticket. Looking fwd to testing....:wink: :yes:

ITTLFLI
09-15-2006, 07:36 AM

I have a larger hub I can bring if needed! Just let me know :)

BigGrizzly
09-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Air I thank I can do this, I will bring somthing that I think is just the ticket. Aproximatly what HP do you think yoy have? That way I can come close to what to bring that is correct. I also may have a three blad that is better for that combo, You can try Anything I bring. what is important is we find what is right for your combination

catch 22
09-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Grizz. If you have the room I would like to try that 30TXP. Been wanting to try a 3 blade.:)

BigGrizzly
09-16-2006, 07:42 AM
Catch 22, I have one and will bring it. I also have a special one I would like either you or Ray to try. It si especially good for guys with shortie that have trouble getting on plane.

MikeMiller
09-18-2006, 05:32 PM
So here I am on a Monday night having a "light beverage" and thinking.... "I love my job."

In exactly 10 days I have around 100 of my friends (new and old) coming to my hometown to have a party! WOW!

So I made a decision.....

Anyone, ANYONE, coming in Thursday is invited to my home for a Pre-Rally party! 7pm!!!!!! I already know of 10 people who are driving/flying in early. But I know of at least 8-10 people who live locally that could make it!

We'll have some live music, food, beverages, and most importantly, good times with good friends. Bring your suit for the hot tub!

So.... if you can come PLEASE, PLEASE call me and tell me so I can get the proper goods and give you directions!!

Hope to hear from you soon! (941) 387-5737

need for speed
09-18-2006, 05:40 PM
:propeller 10 Days!!!! Can't wait:yes:

MikeMiller
09-18-2006, 05:43 PM
So here I am on a Monday night having a "light beverage" and thinking.... "I love my job."

In exactly 10 days I have around 100 of my friends (new and old) coming to my hometown to have a party! WOW!

Anyone, ANYONE, coming in Thursday is invited to my home for a Pre-Rally party! 7pm!!!!!! I already know of 10 people who are driving/flying in early. But I know of at least 8-10 people who live locally that could make it!

We'll have some live music, food, beverages, and most importantly, good times with good friends. Bring your suit for the hot tub!

So.... if you can come PLEASE, PLEASE call me and tell me so I can get the proper goods and give you directions!!

Air 22
09-18-2006, 06:02 PM

Hmmm:rolleyes: ..... on the Road by 7am....12HR drive...:boggled: :rolleyes: ...Party at Mikes...arrive fashionably late..w Brad n Amy and DR Dan(yes he better come:bonk: ) Who the heck needs a suit:eek!: ...all that is really required is sambooooooooka..:yes: :yes: :biggrin: :beer: WE R THERE...:wink:

MikeMiller
09-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Samboooooooooka ROCKS!! PARTY ON!!!

Budmann
09-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey Mikey... Donzi Jodi and I will be there with bells on!!!:cool!: :cool!: :cool!: :cool!: :cool!: :cool!:

BUIZILLA
09-18-2006, 09:34 PM
I think we'll be there as well...

J & J

need for speed
09-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Hmmm:rolleyes: ..... on the Road by 7am....12HR drive...:boggled: :rolleyes: ...Party at Mikes...arrive fashionable late..w Brad n Amy and DR Dan(yes he better come:bonk: ) Who the heck needs a suit:eek!: ...all that is really required is sambooooooooka..:yes: :yes: :biggrin: :beer: WE R THERE...:wink:

What's this about Dr Dan... you better come!! yes!!!:yes:

Cuda
09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
We plan on leaving Friday morning. Usually, I have to do payroll on Fridays, but I'll do it on Thursday, which means half my crew won't show up on Friday. :(

Nah, acutally, they are pretty reliable.

BigGrizzly
09-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Mike, Barbara and I should be there as well. I have a lost year to make up for. I'm not as good as I once was but I am as good once as I ever was.

catch 22
09-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Mikey, Gina and I will be there. :beer:

BUIZILLA
09-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Mikey, what is the boating/run time/lunch run program looking like for both days??

MikeMiller
09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Here's our agenda ladies and gentlemen,

Friday:
12noon-5pm - Boat splashing & Dock Fraternizing
7-9pm - Welcome Dinner - Hyatt Poolside

Saturday:
9-11am - Helicopter shoot (leave docks at 9am)
11:30am-2:30pm - Lunch at Mangrove Grill (east on the Manatee River)
3:30-5pm - Judging at Hyatt Docks
7pm-9pm - Dinner and Awards Banquet in Hyatt Ballroom

Sunday:
8-10am - Breakfast/Brunch
10am-3pm - Open Boating (may have scheduled trip south towards Venice)
10am-3pm - Sad Goodbyes

MikeMiller
09-19-2006, 08:47 PM
BigGrizz: you are absolutely right!! Hope you two can make it and can't wait to see you!

Buizilla: that would be awesome if you and Janice could make it!

Address for you to GOOGLE for directions:
4903 Commonwealth Road
Palmetto, FL 34221

I will post written directions tomorrow probably from the Hyatt and other locations.

ITTLFLI
09-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Mike,

Thanks for the offer to party at your house! Being that it is our 1 year ann. October 1, Jill and I will be celebrating thursday! We will see you all On Friday morning!!

Byron

catch 22
09-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Mike, Is venice where we all met on the sandbar and had lunch on the Island 3 years ago.

Cuda
09-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Venice via the intercoastal is a long slow run. Tons of speed zones. That's where we went the first time I met up with the Donzi crew. I had the Formula 242 then. I remember people freaking out when Debbie dove over the side in the middle of Sarasota bay to clear the seaweed from the offshore water intakes. :) On that same trip, she got bit by a dolphin that hangs out at the bridge near Venice they call Beggar. Also I ran aground that day.:bonk:

BUIZILLA
09-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Cuda, it's good to see the 'shroom's didn't hurt your memory too bad... :wink:

Cuda
09-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Cuda, it's good to see the 'shroom's didn't hurt your memory too bad... :wink:
Not nearly as bad as abusing my liver for twenty years.:(

MikeMiller
09-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes, the run south will be towards Snake Island. By the Intercoastal it is slow but outside is wonderful (as we all found out on the way back that year). It doesn't mean we're going to Snake Island - there are a bunch of restaurants down there where people can stop.

We'll put something together when we get there to see how many may want to run south. Otherwise, it is a free day of boating anywhere. We have a ton of beaches to hit and hang around on.

CUDA, sorry for the bad memories. Killer dolphins are well known in this area :)

MikeMiller
09-21-2006, 12:52 PM
To Chris Allard's House for Thursday Night Party

7 PM!!!!!!

FROM HYATT:
North on 41 (Tamiami Trail).
Right on University Parkway.
Left (North) on 301.
Follow over bridge over the Manatee River. Enter Palmetto.
301 will split to the right toward 75 and Hwy 41 will continue North. TAKE 41N.
Follow sign to the left for 19N St. Petersburg (will be an overpass).
Take first left at 50th Street after overpass.
Go to stop sign and go through (veer to the left).
Go to Commonwealth Rd. and go right.
House is on left - 4903 Commonwealth Rd.

FROM ST. PETE/TAMPA:
Take 275 South to 19 South.
19 South to 50th Street and go right.

FROM 75 (south of Tampa):
Take 275 North exit.
Exit at first ramp for 41. Go left at end of ramp.
Follow to 49th Street and go right.
Go right at light (19N) and then a quick left on 50th Street. (Small jog across 19N)

Mike's Cell (941) 387-5737

fastcat
09-21-2006, 01:32 PM
We had an extra room booked at the Hyatt we are going to cancel.
It's a deluxe King- Marina View at the $129 rate.
Let me know if you need it before I cancel it on 9/25.
You can PM me.

Last Tango
09-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Fast Cat,
I spoke to Mike this morning about needing an extra room for a couple friends of mine who are going to tag along. Be sure to call Mike and let him know so we can transfer that room off of you and onto my friend A king is just what they will need.
Are you bringing your boat? Got the carb thing all sorted out.
I'm leaving Jax about 10:30 AM on Friday. How about you?

fastcat
09-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Fast Cat,
Are you bringing your boat? Got the carb thing all sorted out.
I'm leaving Jax about 10:30 AM on Friday. How about you?

The boat is running MUCH better and we are bringing it. The Demon carb works great- we should have changed it a long time ago. We think we have most of the trash/residue out of the gas tank so that issue is resolving itself. We put on a new filter after each run.
I am taking Friday off and hoping Tom can also so we can get an early start.
I'll keep in touch and maybe we can follow each other down.

I'll let Mike know about the room. It was for Mark Poole but they can't go now.
Gaye

Last Tango
09-21-2006, 07:43 PM
To all,
I am bringing a prop to sell: 4-bladed SS Mercury Bravo 1 22P for Mercury drive. It is a take-off from my '06 22ZX with 350Mag MPI, Bravo 1 drive with 1.65 ratio. I was on the boat, new, when I acquired it and have only put 35 hours on it since. I now have a different prop. This one is for sale. $225 if I have to mail it to you, $200 if you pick it up at this event. The price goes up $100 if I have to take it to a prop shop to remove the extremely itty-bitty nick in one of the blades (you have to run your fingers over it to know it is there).

pmreed
09-21-2006, 09:06 PM
The reason I'm missing this event (and believe me I'm gonna miss you guys) appears to be on schedule for tomorrow or Saturday. Headed for Asheville tomorrow AM to welcome my first grandchild, Ella, into the world. I wouldn't have missed the party for anything less.
Have fun all and raise a couple for Ella:) :)
Phil

catch 22
09-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Congrats to you Grandpa Phil. You will be missed for sure.

need for speed
09-23-2006, 02:08 PM
:boat: the boat is waxed and ready!!

Cuda
09-24-2006, 08:19 AM
We're going to test run the Minx again here in a few minutes. If it's all good, that's the boat we'll bring. If there is any question about it, we'll swap trailers and bring Deb's 22.

Cuda
09-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Test run went well. I only ran it to 4000 rpm, since there's a 30 mph speed limit on the river, and I had already seen a grouper trooper on the river. It ran a tick over 52 mph at 4000 rpm, with no trim and a 23" cleaver prop. The new interior wasn't any hotter than the original, once you get in it. I reckon we'll be bringing it to Sarasota next weekend.:wink:

catch 22
09-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Cuda, If I'm not mistaken that steering wheel looks to be the same color as the intake? :boggled: :boggled:

BigGrizzly
09-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Forget the boat just bring deb. We should have a prop to try on the new bwast.

Cuda
09-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Forget the boat just bring deb. We should have a prop to try on the new bwast.
I've got some other props too.

gcarter
09-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey Griz...I'm running a 22" Hydro Q4 and like it, but do you have a reccomendation?

BigGrizzly
09-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Best thing to do is try some other the Q4 is an old Mach patriot copy works well on a lot of applications. What boat are we talking about, the Minx? There is no perfeict prop for all applications. What we need is to get the prop that fits you and your boat. The 22" seems a little short on most boats. I think I will be bringing somthing that small. I won't know untill The shipments get here. It doesn't cost to try. A 23 or 24 of a different design may be better suited for your application. I think we need to try a 3 blade, because the Minx doesn't have any ill handling problems that I know of.

Donzi Di
09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Just to let people know...

Cliff and I will be bringing some of the shifter knobs that Cliff and Scott Pearson made.

We will have both Prop and Lion & Dolphin knobs.

Dalelama
09-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Mike & Donzi friends,

Sorry to have to cancel on this year's festivities...

Next year!

MikeMiller
09-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Dale! make sure to call and cancel your room! Hope to see you next year or better yet... sometime before!

sweet 16 1966
09-26-2006, 08:20 PM
I have stayed away from this thread since we sadly will not be there this year. The best of fellowship and boating to all who attend.

Last Tango
09-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Russ! If YOU don't show, how can we possibly pick on the OTHER 16C owners who decide to ride with someone else instead of going out on the Gulf in their OWN boat?
YOU would have done that!
YOU would have been the brave example of how ANY Donzi is an offshore boat.
(Heavy sigh)

Cuda
09-27-2006, 09:03 AM
I have stayed away from this thread since we sadly will not be there this year. The best of fellowship and boating to all who attend.
You will certainly be missed. I find it exciting to watch you run your boat in sloppy conditions, like there was the day we ran to the locks that day. I told Debbie I bet you were taking a beating, about that time you came flying past us!:)

Cuda
09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Btw, we've decided to bring Deb's 22. She really wants to bring it, steel trailer be damned. When it rusts out, and it will, I'll just buy a new aluminum trailer, since I'm going to have to eventually anyway. I really like the way the boat pulls on that trailer. I'd like to have an aluminum one built just like it. Cradles the boat perfectly. No sense living in Florida and being afraid of running in salt.:wink:

sweet 16 1966
09-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Mark,
One day I will have a 22 and a 16 classic! Thanks for the jab.
I received new rubrail last week from the damage during the Angle Aid run.
Time permitting, I am hoping to repair the damage and run the St. Johns once more before this year ends. Hope we can all hook up once more this year. Friday's high in Atl. Ga is 69. Sarasota weather is 88 and sunny Friday and Saturday! Have a great time!

CrackerJack
09-27-2006, 05:23 PM
The weather is looking great.:yes:

http://www.weatherunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=sarasota

onesubdrvr
09-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Jack,

Do you think I can catch a ride with you guys sometime on Saturday? I have a few questions I need to answer for myself.

Thanks
Wayne

CrackerJack
09-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Sure, see you Sat.

need for speed
09-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Laurie and I should be in Sota by 10 or 11 am,,.with the 22

My folks are boating up to sota from Naples should be in by 11 or 12 by boat :bonk: look out for a blue non DONZI!:boggled:

gcarter
09-28-2006, 01:58 PM
My folks are boating up to sota from Naples should be in by 11 or 12 by boat :bonk: look out for a blue non DONZI!:boggled:
As long as it's not a Bayliner!!:eek!: :eek!: :bonk: :lightning

Just kidding Charles, they can have a Bayliner if they want to!!!

need for speed
09-28-2006, 02:17 PM
naaa none of those in this Family!!..:wink: trust me~~~!!!!:wink:

they will be showing up in their 26 SouthPort- guess we will see if they can keep up.

Cuda
09-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Should be pulling out of here around 10am tomorrow, ETA, 2 to 3 pm. Of course trying to leave at 10 tomorrow, probably means about 2 pm.:(

Cuda
09-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Debbie's been on the boat most of the day, putting the shine to it. I just walked out there to talk to her, and I got jumped on for leaning against her freshly waxed rubrail.:( :)

onesubdrvr
09-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Should be pulling out of here around 10am tomorrow, ETA, 2 to 3 pm. Of course trying to leave at 10 tomorrow, probably means about 2 pm.:(
Joe,

What route are you taking tomorrow, we may cross paths,....or maybe not come to think of it, I'm taking SR70 across, but like you, planning around 12, probably means 2 at the EARLIEST!!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
09-28-2006, 06:10 PM
If anyone wants to write this off as a business expense, I'll bring my resume and you can interview me any day this weekend :wink:

Wayne

Cuda
09-28-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm going I-4 to I-75 and down. I just talked to Catch 22. he's already been out boating, put the boat away, and was headed to Chris and Mike's for the party. Debbie talked to Jodeye. Her and Budman are at the Hyatt.

gcarter
09-28-2006, 07:18 PM
We're leaving in the morning. Will probably arrive mid afternoon. Going down I-75 from Wildwood.

CrackerJack
09-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Cuda,
Where are the rest of your registration numbers?:confused:

Cuda
09-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Cuda,
Where are the rest of your registration numbers?:confused:
When I had it in the shop having the deck off, they ripped the two letters, and the registration sticker. Luckily, the guy that made the letter for me sent me a whole extra set, and Deb went down and got a new registration sticker for free when she showed them the ripped one. She'll put them on in the morning. It was getting too dark when she was done with the interior to do it. I was wondering who would catch that.:)

CrackerJack
09-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Now I can sleep tonight.:wink:

Several years ago we were stop on a lake for not having our letters & numbers spaced enough. Now I seem to always look at how they are placed on the various water craft.

Cuda
09-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Poodle just asked me the same question on another forum. I told him that I KNOW for a fact that he knows a bit about registration numbers and the Water Patrol.:wink:

Cuda
09-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Right after I bought my fishboat new in 1988, I got pulled over because they said I didn't have enough space between my 5 and my G on this side. I didn't get a ticket, I've never changed it, and I've never been pulled again because of it. :)

onesubdrvr
09-29-2006, 07:58 AM
All packed up, MINIVAN :boggled: loaded up,....

A couple of work / bank issues to wrap up, hope to be on the road by 1 or so!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT, Poppa needs some "me" time :wink: :eek!: :hyper:

Wayne

Cuda
09-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Locked an loaded. I would have left right on time if I hadn't had to spend an hour cussing out everyone from UPS I could get on the phone.:mad: :mad:

Last Tango
09-29-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm on the road in 45 minutes.
See you there!

fastcat
09-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Once again the plan to leave early failed.
Tom just got home from his day off work:bonk:
Should be leaving by 3:30. Save some dinner for us!

Budmann
10-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey Mikey, Far out weekend Dude!!! Totally had a blast!! Rock On... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

need for speed
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!:yes: :boat: SUPER JOB!

Cuda
10-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Great job Mike!

gcarter
10-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey Mikey,
Great job as usual!
Sorry I didn't get into the '70's thing. Sitting at dinner w/ the Catch22's, I finally got it!
But I'd NEVER wear a wig like that!!

ITTLFLI
10-02-2006, 06:44 PM
WOW!! What an EXCELLENT event!! Mike you know how to do it first class! How did you order that weather?!

Thank you to all who where more than accomodating to my group! It was a pleasure to finally meet some more Donzi-ites!

Dr. Dan- great running boat!
Gcarter-excellent job bring your minx back from the dead!
Grizz-thanks for the ride! Now you have me shopping motors!
Mike Jr- for the late night party!!!!!
Carston from DONZI- Thanks for the ride in the ZR!!!!

Foe those of you who have not been to the Hometown Rally...mark it on you calendar next year!!

Here are a couple of pics...

Cuda
10-02-2006, 06:48 PM
I enjoyed meeting some of the Donzi net legends like Big Grizzly, Dr Dan, and an entire host of great people.

MikeMiller
10-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Another year, another great party!

I was so happy to see so many old friends and even some new faces that have become friends! The weather was the best ever! Boats looked spectacular and the helicopter shoot captured it all in one shot for so many of you.

I truly can't do this alone!!! So thank you to the following people:
Amy Amerson - you have got to be the best ever!

Brad Verd - great photos... thanks for sponsoring with ACDOA.

Dr. Dan - awesome goodies! Thanks for sponsoring with ACDOA.

Mike & Judy Holderness - you are diamonds in the rough! Thanks for sponsoring with SaraBay Realty.

DONZI MARINE - thanks for your sponsorship and to Carston Koopman for carrying the Donzi flag so well. All the rides in the 38 ZR were awesome!

Mike & Lori Russell - OUR MAJOR SPONSORS!!!!!!!! You guys are the best.

Jim and Gina Collins really know how to get into a party! Congratulations on THREE (3) awards! Best Restored (Craftsmanship) Donzi; Best '70s Costume; and Best '70s Decorated Donzi. You guys rock!

Jim Haas (Buizilla) as always... you do great work! Congratulations on winning the Best Restored (Original) Donzi!

Dwight Jeckel (Air 22) you truly have a beautiful boat! Congratulations for winning the BEST OF THE BEST!

And finally... Bob and Pam Sindelar - FARTHEST DONZI TRAVELLED! Wow. I hope it never gets old driving that far but you guys sure set the bar high for all the other Northerners!

I love doing this and hope you all had a great time! Thanks again and until next time remember.... do your best to love every waking moment of your life!

fastcat
10-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks to all for a great time and especially to Mike for once again making us feel so welcome. We enjoyed getting to know some of you better and will be back next year....maybe with a bigger boat?:yes:

BUIZILLA
10-02-2006, 09:13 PM
This year was OFF THE FUN METER !!!!

ahhhhh, the memory's, and laugh's aplenty

many, many thanx to everyone involved.

JH

Cuda
10-02-2006, 09:22 PM
This year was OFF THE FUN METER !!!!
ahhhhh, the memory's, and laugh's aplenty
many, many thanx to everyone involved.
JH
Make it back alright with that load behind you Jim?

BUIZILLA
10-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Make it back alright with that load behind you Jim?
perfecto...

:cool:

Air 22
10-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Mike....Thanks again for a truley GREAT time:wink: ...YOU are The BEST!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Keep us posted for next years location/dates etc:) luv ya man.....:wink:

Budman...catch u n Jodie next time....:wink: :yes: :biggrin.:

BigGrizzly
10-03-2006, 06:21 PM
We are back safe and sound. Great time had by Barb and me. Andy sends his love and maybe here next year. Thanks to the people who tried props and gave me excelant feed back This will help others get closer to the best prop for their boats. With your feed back props will get better and better. They have improved by leaps and bounds in just the past 5 years. Again thanks Mike and every body else for making it a real pleasure to be there. I truly appreciate the concern that everyone had with my health issue, we are over the hump and on the way back better than ever. What a way to wind down the boating season.

BUIZILLA
10-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I do have to add one thing negative, and this wasn't Mikey's fault...

I, personally, was VERY DISAPPOINTED that DONZI didn't do more for this event. Especially in their backyard... I know I speak for more than a few, when I say I was counting on seeing/riding in/evaluating a new 27ZR. Even with a stock 496HO. It's a very logical step up from the 18 and 22 crowd, that this event draws the most traffic/attendance from. I think they could have sold 2 boats, maybe more... I also would like to have seen a 29ZF w/250's there as well. While I like to see and hear the 38ZR's, i'm NOT a customer for one of those. Isn't Lightning Bay a DONZI dealer ???

Just had to let that out....

JH

Cuda
10-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I do have to add one thing negative, and this wasn't Mikey's fault...
I, personally, was VERY DISAPPOINTED that DONZI didn't do more for this event. Especially in their backyard... I know I speak for more than a few, when I say I was counting on seeing/riding in/evaluating a new 27ZR. Even with a stock 496HO. It's a very logical step up from the 18 and 22 crowd, that this event draws the most traffic/attendance from. I think they could have sold 2 boats, maybe more... I also would like to have seen a 29ZF w/250's there as well. While I like to see and hear the 38ZR's, i'm NOT a customer for one of those. Isn't Lightning Bay a DONZI dealer ???
Just had to let that out....
JH
I heard someone say that when they left the Miami Boat Show, they had so many orders for the 27 that they still haven't caught up. Don't know who I heard it from.

CrackerJack
10-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Good point.:shocking:

Budmann
10-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone, this is the surprise that Mikey and I were trying to get to the Sarasota.

My Mom gets VERY ill if she gets around red tide.

Sorry, but I think everyone had fun anyway!!!:) :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hull number 1 Donzi Z-65 Sport Fisherman
4000 H.P. of fishin fun!!!!!

Bud

Budmann
10-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Oh, and this is one of his favorite new toys. By the way, this at 1700 R.P.M's.

Those of you that know how many rpm's a pair of 16V92 Detroits runs wide open can do the math.:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Budmann
10-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh, and this is one of his favorite new toys. By the way, this at 1700 R.P.M's.
Those of you that know how many rpm's a pair of 16V92 Detroits runs wide open, can do the math.:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

need for speed
10-05-2006, 09:21 PM
now that would have been coool!:eek!:

need for speed
10-05-2006, 09:25 PM
whoa.. just did the math :yes: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

what did it work out too, I never did well in Math:bonk: I took one math class 3 times in college! too much :boat:

catch 22
10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Gina and I got back last night. We just want to say THANK YOU to Mike Miller and everyone who had a part in making this Hometown Rally happen. What a GREAT time. What an AWESOME weekend. I'll post some pics soon.

BigGrizzly
10-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Jim. got your message, unfortunlly It did not have your return phone number. E-mail it and your address to me. It great to travel with you and Gina. We need to keep in touch, Cuda and Deb too, we hope to get together soon. BTW Eufala is a great get together too.

catch 22
10-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Finally got a couple of minutes to download pics from the Rally. First of all Gina and I would like to thank Chris and his folks for Thursdays get together at Chris's (CDMA) place. Very nice home. Chris I appreciate the moment with the blue boat. Mikey once again you went above and beyond to make this happen. Thanks for the ride on your Harley. Been scratching that itch ever since. So here are a few pics from the Rally.

Air 22
10-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Jim..Thanks for sharing the pic's...very nice!!:wink: :yes:

CDMA
10-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Jim,

You and Gina are welcome anytime...

But what Blue boat????? :wink:

Dr. Dan
10-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Jim,
You and Gina are welcome anytime...
But what Blue boat????? :wink:

I'm guessing he is referring to the one on the side of your house? :bonk:

It was a bonding moment I am sure....

Doc of Nothing! :smash:

BUIZILLA
10-15-2006, 08:09 PM
I've decided we need to put the engine in that blue boat in my Critter.... :crossfing

just for grins and giggles :superman:

JH