PDA

View Full Version : Looking for donzi wisdom

popopapa
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi,

Newby to board. Am negotiating a purchase on a used donzi zo22. Questions I have for anyone who can help are...1) The 5.7l 300hp engine has a procharger. Is this bad for a guy like me who is looking for a boat to cruise around Tahoe and occasionally pull a skier/boarder? Isn't this an add on or mod that adds HP? Dangers? 2) Does thru the hull exhaust mean that the noise level goes up considerably? My wife is worried about loud engine noise and wants me to go Cobalt. I like the idea of a little more speed. Any thoughts on the exhaust noise. Any other thoughts or comments on this boat is greatly appreciated.

popopapa

BUIZILLA
05-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Is this a Z22 open bow????

my opinion is, at Tahoe altitiude, you'll NEED the supercharger. The problem is, to take full advantage of it's usefullness, you'll have to operate at a higher rpm level with this style supercharger, so the low rpm/lower speed wake board/ski benefit may not be an advantage for inclusion in the sale.

HTH

Jim

22zxla
05-10-2006, 08:39 PM
I would think that boat has silent choice exhaust which quites it alot. I say buy the donzi your wife will like it.If not the new one will!

popopapa
05-11-2006, 10:09 PM
I would think that boat has silent choice exhaust which quites it alot. I say buy the donzi your wife will like it.If not the new one will!
Which raises the age old question. Which do you first choose, the wife or the boat? I think I know the answer. Thanks for the info.