PDA

View Full Version : Temp question

Surfer
05-09-2006, 12:33 PM
My 350 ran real cool (160 tops) forever. I replaced the manifolds and risers, and now its running 180 to 200. I can see the termostate open as it will drop down to 180, right after it hits 200. What changed, flushed the system, pump is pumping good, and is relativly new, water flow out the back is the same as always. Why the higher temp?

Sam
05-09-2006, 01:44 PM
I would try a different thermostat just to be on the safe side.

Surfer
05-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I did replace it, and I also ran it without, stays at 180, and get hotter with RPM's.

MOP
05-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Water blasting out of your drive or pipes can be deceiving! Try checking pump flow first just to make sure you do in fact have good flow, disconnect the hose coming off the pump or drive not sure what you have put it in a "1" gallon container. It should fill the container in about 45 seconds, if that is good then it may be restricted getting out though the hoses or elbows whatever. I had a similar problem years back with a new set of OMC logs, could not run hard it would over heat. We found that one log was plugged with we think casting junk not sure we warrantied it, swapped in another new one and the temp went away. When you think temp you always need to think In & Out!

Phil

Donzigo
05-10-2006, 06:39 AM
The entire flow of water from pickup to out the exhaust should be confirmed. Don't forget to check that cooler hose under the engine. Often debris can be found there.

Surfer
05-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks guys, looks like this weekends project.