PDA

View Full Version : 22zx capacity plate

Brian Hamilton
05-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Can any one tell me why my 1999 22zx doesn't have a capacity plate? Is there any way to get a new one? I saw a couple of 22c plates on ebay but that doesn't help me. I don't think it's manditory, but it would be nice to have one.
B

oilman
05-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Can any one tell me why my 1999 22zx doesn't have a capacity plate? Is there any way to get a new one? I saw a couple of 22c plates on ebay but that doesn't help me. I don't think it's manditory, but it would be nice to have one.
B

Brian, I dont know why some Donzi's dont have the capacity plate but if you search "capacity plate" you'll see its been tossed around here before.

The Hedgehog
05-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Why do you guys want one. It sounds like more of a liability to me. It is something that can be held against you.

Here is my take. I have been out in a 16 which listed the max as 4 people. We had two big guys and 3 small girls. The boat had a v-6 which is 200 lbs lighter than the v-8 but the showed same capacity as a v-8 so I know that we were not overloaded. Why would I want a ticket for being overcapacity?

It is kind of like a max hp rating. If you can get away reasonably with it then why do you want restrictions?

To me it is kind of like saying "Can you give me a speed limit please?"

That is just my take. Maybe someone more well versed than me will speak up.