PDA

View Full Version : ONE new 22 on the way

need for speed
05-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Just bought me a new boat.. 2005 496HO... truck will pick this baby up on Wed sometime...

ooo its gona be dirty by the time it gets to me.....

It will be heading south from MD WED ... look out for yellow on a big truck...

Pismo
05-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Nice, looks very sharp......No mufflers in the tailpipes either. 75+ mph coming in a nice stock boat.

need for speed
05-08-2006, 03:25 PM
i hope she hits 75 ... we shall see

ChromeGorilla
05-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Charles....... congrats! I'm glad you found the right boat for you! Time to put her on the MYCO and hit the road for some events......

Awesomeness!

need for speed
05-08-2006, 04:03 PM
thats the plan.. but give me a month or so to get over the check i just sent out... then maybe i will have some gas $$ for the road trip :):)

Cuda
05-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Good deal! Great looking boat.

Ed Donnelly
05-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Great looking Donzi,and my favorite color to boot..............Ed

need for speed
05-08-2006, 06:36 PM
OOOOO boy I thought i was going to have to send it back:biggrin:

Bad-Tat
05-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Congrats Need!!!
Very nice change in color!!!

need for speed
05-08-2006, 07:02 PM
yes... FROM TEAL toooooooo Yelllow...o yesss...

Poodle.. I know the fuel fill is not in the right place .... but we can't always get what we want 100% :smash:

need for speed
05-08-2006, 07:12 PM
:idea: I am sure it will work fine where she is :biggrin:

gcarter
05-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Congrats Charlie!!!:)

need for speed
05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Thank you

sue
05-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey Charles;
Congratulations on your new boat. Yellow with a white deck is my favorite color combo. I am glad that you waited until the right boat came along. Enjoy it!!!!!!!! The next time I am down in Fort Myers, I will let you know & maybe this time I will get to meet you.
Sue

need for speed
05-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Come on down !! anytime:p

boxy
05-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, at least you have a real truck to pull it with.. I hate seeing them stuck on the ramp :D :D :D

That never gets old ..... :D :D

It looks great Charles, enjoy ..... :stan:

cigarette30
05-08-2006, 07:55 PM
yes... FROM TEAL toooooooo Yelllow...o yesss...
Poodle.. I know the fuel fill is not in the right place .... but we can't always get what we want 100% :smash:

Hey Need,

Great boat, and don't fret the fuel fill, first time you get gas while on the trailer, you will understand why it was moved, beats trying to reach all the way over the bow. Yes, it's a 75 mph boat, but only after every little tweak is worked out, and low on load.

Noooooooooooooow, for just a few more $$$$$$$$$$ add the "shorty", and maybe the CMI headers, upgrade steering, then see 80!

BTW, I assume it came from Offshore Performance in MD., how funny, boat made a round trip south.

Anyway, best of luck!

catch 22
05-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Well, at least you have a real truck to pull it with.. I hate seeing them stuck on the ramp :D :D :D
Damn were not going there are we :p :) Congrats on the boat Charles.

need for speed
05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Offshore Performance in MD yes

steven s
05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Damn were not going there are we :p :) Congrats on the boat Charles.
He these are a couple of trucks qualified to puul boats.

undertaker
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Need, I see its sitting on a painted MYCO trailer did your aluminum MYCO go with the old boat... Just Curious..:D :D :D Nice boat good luck with it. Bring it to Kentucky..:D :eek: 2005 22 classics are the best:eek: :wavey:

Undertaker:wavey:

need for speed
05-08-2006, 08:54 PM
nope... that trailer is not part of the deal... my Alum MYCO is waiting here for it...The boat should get here maybe friday or sat.. i have never even see the boat so i can;t wait!

MOP
05-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Very nice! This sure has been the year of YELLOW!

smokediver
05-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Nice looking boat charles ! i am jealous !!!! congrats and enjoy !!!! canoe race this weekend ...

Last Tango
05-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Now, see! Don't you feel better already, just KNOWING your beautiful new boat is arriving. You will run your hand over its gleaming surface as if it was a firm breast. Yep, DONZI...

yeller
05-08-2006, 10:11 PM
... i have never even see the boat so i can;t wait!

Congrats speed!! Excellent color choice. :biggrin:

I know what you're going through right now. I waited 2 weeks after sending the check before I got to see mine for the 1st time. Nerve-racking and exciting at the same time.
BTW, it's well worth the few hundred $ to get it shrink wrapped for the trip. 7 days on the trailer and all I had to clean was the hull bottom.

Enjoy!! :beer:

need for speed
05-09-2006, 05:38 AM
yeah Smoke not sure if i will make for Sat fun on the water or not .. the boat may get to the boat club on friday,

Dr. Dan
05-09-2006, 07:26 AM
:bonk: :cool!: :wavey: :D Nice Charlie.... now ya need to get the Yellow Taylor Fenders, Yellow Lines, Oh Yes and some "New Donzi Hardwear" from Atlantic Coast to Top it Off....:D

Post more pics when ya can... Good Luck to you both... it's a beautiful Boat.

Doc of the Bay :wavey:

LKSD
05-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Sharp ride :) :) Jamie

need for speed
05-09-2006, 06:22 PM
got word from the truck a few mins ago its on the way south.. will be here to unload friday AM... more Pics very soon...

senna
05-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Need,

Congrats on the new ride. Can't wait to see it tearing up Naples Bay and the gulf.

Nice new boat + Canoe races = Baloon debris in places you didn't think existed

Patrick

Carl C
05-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey, that boat looks familiar. I had to check if mine was still in the garage. Congrats. It takes some seat time and good conditions to go 75 but you will do 73 plus easily.:)

need for speed
05-11-2006, 05:57 PM
yeah truck driver tought today was friday got a call at 6.30 am ... umm where r u ... he tells me he lost a day lol
:bonk:

was not so so happy once i started to look over the boat. it would n;t start .. dead battery... you dont think they would start it before the sell it? i even asked them to run it... and the belt is squeling ummm should be able to find the ajustment i would think..

also i did n;t get any books on the boat rrrr i have a call in.:kaioken:

i am sure it needs to be broke in... guess i will look online to see what i need not to do..

O yeah is it normal to have a little air no liquid at the top of the speedo gauge???

John W
05-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Speedo yes!!! Nice boat , looks pretty. Straight exhaust?
JW

Carl C
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Yes, air bubble normal. I hope you're able to get everything straightened out. Break-in just means not running wide open (right) and varying your RPM for 20 hours or so. Is the boat brand new? How many hours? I have a near identical boat and could post here any documents you'd like.

gold-n-rod
05-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey, that boat looks familiar. I had to check if mine was still in the garage. Congrats. It takes some seat time and good conditions to go 75 but you will do 73 plus easily.:)

Yer new tips look great, Carl. I got mine on this week and I love the extra noise (bet the lakies won't!). We'll look (and sound) great out on Crystal this summer.

PS: I got less soot on the transom without the rubber flappers, too. You?

:wavey:

need for speed
05-11-2006, 07:24 PM
its new.. left over 05 show room sitter:biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
05-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Break in shmake in....... break it in like your gonna run it.

Team Jefe
05-12-2006, 05:16 AM
That never gets old ..... :D :D
It looks great Charles, enjoy ..... :stan:

Man, never make a mistake like that around this crowd....'cause Boxma is right, that never gets old.

and Charles - nothing goes with Yellow like a RED BIKINI

Carl C
05-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Yer new tips look great, Carl. I got mine on this week and I love the extra noise (bet the lakies won't!). We'll look (and sound) great out on Crystal this summer.
PS: I got less soot on the transom without the rubber flappers, too. You?
:wavey: I don't have enough hours on them to tell if the transom soot is reduced but the tips themselves get sooty after a short run. I agree with Chrome's break-in advice to a point. I ran mine up to top speed briefly the first time out. Just don't run wide open for very long at a time and vary the RPMs and go a little easy on the holeshots for a while. Straight exhaust tips from the dealer? Too cool! You should have gotten a Donzi briefcase full of papers. If you don't I would call the dealer and demand it! You should also get custom dock lines from Donzi after you submit the questionaire; So make sure you get that and send it in. edit: Donzi will mail you the questionaire.

yeller
05-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Is it sitting on your MYCO? Man, that IS one nice trailer!! :shades:

need for speed
05-12-2006, 11:22 AM
yeah... thats me Myco.!!;)

roadtrip se
05-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Speaking of MYCO's, I have that same exact trailer, but I'm in half a mood to call Bill Tweedy and ask what's up with this thing?

She FLOATS! The hand signals at the ramp last weekend were getting a little complex, because we now have forward, backward, UP, and DOWN.

If I had a couple of sheets of plywood and a OB, we could make a pontoon out of the thing.

Charlie, have you encountered this fun? Stand on the tonque and she sinks, but you have about five seconds to get this done, before she starts going down stream.

Your feedback is appreciated and as for the rest of you on your way to AOTH, we won't be launching at jamestown so leave the cameras in the truck!

LSUTIGERS74
05-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Poodle, In that pic, is that a 2500HD 4x4 not being able to pull the classic out of the water?? If so I am dissappointed in Chevy

need for speed
05-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah the damm Myco floats kinda... well from looking at it i think if you drill 4 little hole in the steps on the fenders it will let the air out.. air gets stuck under the steps some so that just might make it sink..:) I am gona try it..:biggrin:

but,, i am thinking of calling Bill tooo... i can t stand the jack on the front of the trailer it is just not right == its bolted to the coupler kind of xx:lightning up if u ask me... the coupler does n;t like it/ the 2 bolts that hold it on get a lot of stress and are starting to waollo out the holes some even when i snug them up really good... do u have this issue??

undertaker
05-13-2006, 08:20 PM
You guys should have bought steel painted MYCO'S:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Undertaker - getting ready for my first AOTH in Kentucky:party: