PDA

View Full Version : Satellite radio for the boat

florida gator
05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I have the Sirius JVC unit in my truck. I thought I would just need a different docking station for the boat. I didn't realise my antenna is magnetic. How have others mounted there satellite antennas?

TuxedoPk
05-07-2006, 03:10 PM
I've taken my Sirius Sportster on quite a few sail boat deliveries w/o mounting it by just popping the unit out of my truck and plugging into a 12v outlet and tossing the antenna onto the companionway.

If you aren't going to be using the radio while running why bother mounting it permanently?

FOSTER
05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Double back tape, Sold at Home Depo. Use the outdoor kind if you can find it. I had to use tape on my Pete, all alum cab.

mrfixxall
05-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Delfi makes a mobile unit for around 100 bucks,it works through your fm radio and you can move it from vehicle to boat to motorcycle ect ect ect...It comes with reciever power plug and a antenna...

chopperman69
05-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Terk makes a Sirius Marine Antenna called the SIR5. Check ebay... I think I'm going to use this one on my Classic 16, although the double sided tape suggestion is excellent.

Barry Eller
05-08-2006, 05:44 AM
I use Velcro in my X-cab truck, Mustang Gt convertible, Donzi 22 Classic. Same Sirius Sportster mounting base and antenna moved to each vehicle as needed. Just a piece on Velcro on the dash of car,truck and boat that mates up to the Velcro on the antenna. The antenna will work thru the windshield. I only play the Sirius on the boat when stopped, cannot hear the sound system over the 502!!