PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

Rajun Cajun
05-06-2006, 07:30 AM
I have been boating for years but am new to the used Donzi market. I have finally reached a point in my life where I can afford a nice toy!! Heres my question: Does anyone know of a good, clean, solid 18 or 22 Classic located in the Gulf South? I am new to the registry and after meddling around it for a while I must have one!! Unfortunately my busy schedule would make a long distance purchase next to impossible. I live in Baton Rouge, LA and would like to purchase the right boat soon. I'm motivated to buy the right boat at the right price. I think the boat I need is an 18 but a 22 is not out of the question. If anyone has any information and a little time PLEASE contact me. msekelsky@hotmail.com. or I guess reply to this thread.
Thank you all for getting me addicted!!! :)

p729lws
05-06-2006, 08:38 AM
This 22' Blackhawk may still be for sale in Pensacola.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44066

Dan

Rajun Cajun
05-06-2006, 09:34 AM
I had seen this one a while back before I made up my mind to seriously look into purchasing a boat. I am looking into it. Does anyone know this boat? Thanks for the info.

RedDog
05-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I would not rule out travel to get the right boat - Blackie flew in to look at my old 18 and then drove back to get it a couple of weeks later. Detroit to East TN. Then I drove to northern Ohio to buy my 22.

Others on the board have travelled much farther.

Rajun Cajun
05-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Like I said I want the right boat at the right price. I have not ruled out traveling but it would make it that much more difficult. Plus you never know there might be a gem right in my backyard and I dont even know it. Thanks for the tip. Do you know of any boats anywhere?

p729lws
05-07-2006, 09:15 AM
I had seen this one a while back before I made up my mind to seriously look into purchasing a boat. I am looking into it. Does anyone know this boat? Thanks for the info.

Don't know anyone that has been out on it. The owner contcted me when I was looking for my 22 but it was out of my price range at the time. I think DavidO on the site here has seen it up close.

Dan

Dr. Dan
05-07-2006, 10:07 AM
:cool: Welcome to the sickness ...and good luck in your search...but in my opinion...if you are establishing parameters that severly restrict your access to a wide array of Donzis that do fit your requirements ...other than where they are located...well... Ya might have a longer wait!

I would suggest ya be open to the total Market...when ya establish its of serious interest... like Tim suggested...fly out an take a look... most of us here are willing to look at boats in our area...we can tell ya if its a good deal or a pain in the ass.

Good Luck, keep us posted...

Doc :spongebob

Rajun Cajun
05-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I have not ruled out traveling. Im not going to buy any boat just for the sake of buying one. If the right one is far away I will travel. It would just be harder to find the time considering my schedule. I have seen that several folks here live in the south so I figured I might find one close to home. I'll let ya'll know what happens. Thanks again!!!!

p729lws
05-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Cajun,
I looked around the gulf coast before I bought my 18 and later the 22 but could not find what I wanted. The 18 came from Ohio and the 22 from NJ. The plus side of traveling is you can find some clean low hour boats in those states with short boating seasons and no salt water. :)

On a side note, how are the mudbugs in LA this year? We had a boil last week and they were on the small side but tastey. Not sure if they were from LA or not.
Later,
Dan

Rajun Cajun
05-07-2006, 05:39 PM
You are right about the boats up north. I grew up in michigan and still have family and friends there. We only used our boat for a few months out of the year. I have my dad looking around there for me a little. The crawfish are getting better and bigger. I think Katrina and Rita have something to do with it. Actually I just got home from a boil and they were decent size and GOOD!!!