PDA

View Full Version : silent choice to silent

glashole
05-04-2006, 06:40 AM
I am having an issue with the quick and quiet exhaust system and was looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue

one side of the silent choice has to be manually opened to get the through hull exhaust

now this past weekend the second side has gone that way and neither of them will open or say open regardless of whether they are maunally opened or not

could this be a switch problem?

any help would be a appreciated

Shea

boxy
05-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey that doesn't look like a 16 ...... :stan:

glashole
05-04-2006, 09:28 AM
a few modifications over the winter.........:)

boxy
05-04-2006, 09:49 AM
So i heard, can't wait to see the new tricked Shea 16 .... :cartman:

mrfixxall
05-04-2006, 10:04 AM
First disconnect the acuator wire from the harness and run power + & - to it..
If they move then you have bad relay pack or poss a bad ground...

Splash
05-04-2006, 10:42 AM
I had the same problem some time back with my 502 Corsa Silent choice. I thought I had a bad Solenoid but after talking to Corsa he said they normally don't go but I should check all my harness plugs. It ended up being the main plug which I can't quite remember but I think it was a 4 prong plug, I believe I cleaned the connections and ran a zip tie around the two plugs to make sure they made a good connection and it took care of the problem. Its been 2 years now and haven't had a problem since.

I believe I did get a wire diagram from them and as suggested in the other reply I ran 12V to the solenoid and confrimed it was working fine. If I remember correctly it needs a pos. 12V for the solenoid to pull the arm in
so I would defiently start there to divert the exhaust through the transom.

Good luck, Jim

glashole
05-04-2006, 11:47 AM
thank you guys I will give it a shot and see what i come up with :wavey:

hyperlite98
05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi Glashole,

I had a similar problem with my Corsa silent choice last summer. There are two checks you can do on the solenoid (pull and hold). I have found that if the solenoid is too far back on the connection to the rod assembly it will not pull, before you spend any cash you should look at the thread count on both solenoids to see if they match up. I ended up replacing my wire harness and both solenoids (unecessarily) If you do have a bum solenoid, I have 2 spares!

Jeff

glashole
05-05-2006, 09:56 AM
where would I find the soleniods to check this?
I plan on checking this tonight

is there a fix that would open them up for the weekend temporarily ( besides just jamming a stick in there ;) )

regards

Shea

glashole
06-06-2006, 06:34 AM
I am assuming this is the solenoid that doesn't want to open the exaust

any ideas where to find a pair of them? :confused:

please disregard the plastic tie-straps keeping my boat loud :wink:

thanks

Shea

LKSD
06-07-2006, 07:44 AM
It's usually the solenoids that fail.. We sell them they are usually coat anywhere between 79 & 119.00 depending on what ones you have & how old they are.. I can get them for you if you end up needing them.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Kikwear
06-07-2006, 12:19 PM
I had a problem with one. Turns out I had a ground wire loose. Put it back on and they both work. I would try to feed it battery current first to eliminate the solenoids being bad.