PDA

View Full Version : Can some one give me some tips please???

BodyByJake
05-01-2006, 10:58 PM
I have Donzi 99, 22ZX 7.4Lt, and I am only getting top speed of 55mph at 4300rpm. 1. I have 21 pitch prop. 2. The distributer cap has about 1 inch of play by twisting it back and forth clockwise and counter clock wise (is that suppose to for some saftey) 3. Can I get modified air intake, or get some sort of cleaning kit for this dirty stock air intake. 4. I cannot find a kill saftey key that will fit. 5. Where can I look for a windshield. It would be very much appreciated. I am a first time donzi boat owner, and am already in love. Thank you Jacob

synack
05-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Is that a 454 regular or Magnum?

1) What kind of prop is it?
2) There should be no play in the cap... make sure it's secured properly
3) You can clean or replace the flame arrester... they're pretty expensive
4) You can find a multi-brank lanyard at BoatUS/WestMarine. Or get the Merc one from a Marina that sells parts.

mrfixxall
05-02-2006, 09:36 AM
I have Donzi 99, 22ZX 7.4Lt, and I am only getting top speed of 55mph at 4300rpm. 1. I have 21 pitch prop. 2. The distributer cap has about 1 inch of play by twisting it back and forth clockwise and counter clock wise (is that suppose to for some saftey) 3. Can I get modified air intake, or get some sort of cleaning kit for this dirty stock air intake. 4. I cannot find a kill saftey key that will fit. 5. Where can I look for a windshield. It would be very much appreciated. I am a first time donzi boat owner, and am already in love. Thank you Jacob

Its almost impossible for the cap to be loose because their should be four screws holding it in place...I would check the distributer hold down tab to see if someone forgot to tighten it....I would also check your sparkplugs one could be fouled and that could make up for the 400 rpm loss.....like rootsy said on the kill switch (got a pic)...the flame arrestor buy a can of carb and choke cleaner and soak it and use a blow gun to blow all the crap out of it..

P.s. If your dist is loose dont use the boat until you have the timing checked this could cause major damage to the engine....

joseph m. hahnl
05-02-2006, 06:08 PM
I would check the distributer hold down tab to see if someone forgot to tighten it....I would also check the timing ....

Yes: timing is retarded.:idea:

22zxla
05-02-2006, 08:24 PM
I am by no means qualified to give tecnical reasons on why your only going 55@4300. But i can tell you Ive got a 98 22zx with a 99 7.4 mpi an im going 63 mph@4600 rpm at wot. Ive got a mirage plus 3 blade 23 pitch. Maybe its the prop dont know.